• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Medium Level Dublin Ireland Singles tournament footage

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Riding on the coat-tails of Evo seems to working out pretty well for Irish Smash, as this time we had "Srs rules singles tournament" at our most recent multi-game event, and Smash was the 2nd most entered game (beating IJ and Marvel, but not AE).

I wonder are many other Smash scenes seeing similar revivals to ours? It's pretty awesome.

We only recorded top 4, so the level of play is better than our previous tournament (i.e. The players know what the buttons do), and the level of commentary is better because 1 on 1 is sooooo much easier to talk about than the team damage madness we had before.

We went with kinda hybrid rules: 4 stock, 7 mins, no stage bans, random select from neutral stages for first game, for second game loser can change char OR pick stage, but not both (Stealing IJ rules there I think).
We just did that because there was SO many players entered; that explaining, doing and enforcing the stage ban rules would have taken so long I would have needed to drop the matches to 3 stock 5 mins to finish within our venue rental time. Letting the matches rock and leaving the stages random seemed like more fun for all involved.

Two of the four games are uploaded here, starts with Winners final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A867wtuc-BE&list=PLJM6s5crj24sSN6QqZ8xPCm99564EXuKb

They're added into a playlist with the matches from the previous tournament. I'll add the loser's finals and Grand finals when Doom uploads them to his channel, but you can sub to youtube.com/brianvondoom if you want to see them quicker than that.

Any comments or feedback would be very welcome, since there was a lot more effort behind this one, and I'd like to improve it for next time.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
All the vids are in the playlist now in case you want to see the totally dramatic final is that not an embarrassing series of suicides...

Top Bottom