• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 25, 2014] Gamer's Guild Smash (Spring Lake, NC)

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731

Tourney Organizer

Zekersaurus

Name

Gamer's Guild Smash

NC Gamer's Guild:

1052 Lillington Hwy

Spring Lake, NC 28390

Date and Time

May 25, 2014

11:00am- 1:00am

This is a tournament for Melee and Project M.

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS

Friendlies may be set up for Brawl and Smash Bros. 64.

We will be using Standard tournament rules. The format is double elimination.

Bringing consoles, games, or TVs can get you a reduced price on the venue fee. Bringing a will set up (e.i. Wii, PM, Melee, and TV) with get you in for free.

VENUE FEE: $5

TV: - $1 off

Wii: - $2 off

GCN: - $1 off

PM: - $1 off

Melee: - $1 off

MELEE

Singles: $10

Doubles: $5 (per person)

PM

Singles: $10

Doubles: $5 (per person)

MELEE RULESET

Neutral Stage: A neutral stage is any stage allowed in the initial random select for the first game of a match (i.e. Battlefield).
Banned Stage: A banned stage is any stage that is not allowed either in the initial random select or by choice in games two and three (i.e. Temple). In order to play on a banned stage both players must agree to it.
Available Stage: An available stage is any stage that can be chosen by a player in games two and three. These include all of the neutral stages, but exclude all banned stages. Therefore, all neutral stages are available stages, but not all available stages are neutral. For example, Pokémon Stadium is an available stage that is not a neutral stage.

1-on-1

• Sets between players are played best 2 out of 3 matches (3 out of 5 for final rounds).
  • Double Elimination.
  • Each match is played with timed stock (4 stocks, 8 mins).
    • In the case that time runs out and both characters have an equal amount of lives, the character with less damage wins the match. If both characters have equal lives and damage, the match must be replayed with 1 stock and 2 mins; Sudden Death is strictly not to be played.
  • Items are turned off.
  • The first match is played on a Random Neutral Stage.
NEUTRAL STAGES

• Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land (N64)
    • Players are given the option to "strike" stages from the random select.
  • For the first match, characters are chosen double-blind - at the same time, so that neither player knows his opponent's character beforehand. This rule can be ignored if both players agree on it.
  • The loser of the first each match chooses the next stage, and then the winner chooses his character, and then the loser chooses his character.
  • The loser can pick either a neutral stage or a counterpick stage,
    • The winner of each match can ban a stage from being counterpicked, except in best-of-5 sets.
  • The player is not allow to choose a stage that he or she has already won on.
  • Any stage may be played if both players agree on it.
COUNTERPICK STAGES

• Pokemon Stadium
BANNED STAGES

• Big Blue
  • Brinstar
  • Brinstar Depths
  • Corneria
  • Flat Zone
  • Fourside
  • Great Bay
  • Green Greens
  • Icicle Mountain
  • Jungle Japes
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Kongo Jungle (N64)
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • Mushroom Kingdom II
  • Mute City
  • Onett
  • Poké Floats
  • Princess Peach's Castle
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Temple
  • Venom
  • Yoshi's Island (pipes)
  • Yoshi's Island (N64)
2-on-2

• Rules that apply to singles apply to team tournaments as well.
NEUTRAL STAGES (different from singles)

• Pokémon Stadium
COUNTERPICK STAGES

• Kongo Jungle 64
  • Friendly Fire is turned on.
  • Players are allowed to steal lives from their teammates by pressing start after they die.
BANNED TECHNIQUES/GLITCHES

Banned Glitches

• Freeze Glitch
  • Yo-yo glitch (sometimes)
  • Name Entry glitch and its derivatives
Banned Stalling Techniques

• Repeated rising pound
  • Repeated Peach Bomber on a wall
  • Luigi Ladder
    • The rising pound and Peach Bomber on the wall are only banned if they are being use to stall. Using them to recover is acceptable.
PROJECT M RULESET

The tournament rules for Melee apply to PM as well. Here's a list of selectable stages.

NEUTRAL STAGES

Battlefield

Final Destination

Smashville

Pokemon Stadium 2

Dreamland (64)

Fountain of Dreams

Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)

SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

COUNTERPICK STAGES

Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Pokemon Stadium 1

Lylat Cruise

Wario Ware

Green Hill Zone

Skyloft

Skyworld

STATUS
Game Cubes: 0
Wiis: 2
Television sets: 2
PM Copies: 1
Melee Copies: 2

PRIZES
The amount of prize money you get for taking 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will be based off the total amount of money earned for the event that you participated in.

1st place: 50%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 12.5%

Here's the link to the FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/events/284917138343801/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Here's the flyer. You can help spread the word by printing this out and passing it around or by posting it somewhere online.

If you have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Can't confirm if I'm going for sure, but if I do I'll bring a full setup (tv, wii w/ pm & melee, and a power strip).

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Also I have a question, it says that a Full Set-up will waive the venue fee according to the FB event. However, the items required to make a full set-up for either game doesn't not waive the full venue fee with the prices you've set e.g. a full Melee set-up would consist of a TV, Cube, and Melee which would be $3 off, not a completely waived venue fee. Which should I go by? Should I assume bringing a full Melee set-up waives the venue fee completely, or would I still need to pay a $2 venue fee if I bring a full Melee set-up?

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
Also I have a question, it says that a Full Set-up will waive the venue fee according to the FB event. However, the items required to make a full set-up for either game doesn't not waive the full venue fee with the prices you've set e.g. a full Melee set-up would consist of a TV, Cube, and Melee which would be $3 off, not a completely waived venue fee. Which should I go by? Should I assume bringing a full Melee set-up waives the venue fee completely, or would I still need to pay a $2 venue fee if I bring a full Melee set-up?
You would still need to pay the $2. I know it sounds lame but The Wii is worth $2 because you can use it to play either game. If you bring a wii, TV, PM, and melee you basically have everything we need for either event. Thanks for pointing that out though. I think I need to make some changes to the page so there's no confusion.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Still can't confirm for sure if I'm going, but what time do you think PM will start? I got to make sure I can get there on time.

Top Bottom