• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 16, 2014] Michigan Summer Smash Series 2 - Sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings -... (Livonia, MI)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
About
Hey guys, Ori here to present a the second installment in my small series at Schoolcraft this Summer. Again, we are not related to the Ranbats series so we are back to bring the fun again. We are back with Brawl, Project M, and Pokémon XY Singles.​
Organizers/Contact
Kalle (Ori_bro)​

Venue
Vista Tech Center (Schoolcraft College)​
18600 Haggerty Rd, Livonia, MI​
[COLLAPSE="Schoolcraft Map"]​
[/COLLAPSE]​

Prices
Venue* - $5​
Brawl Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)​
Brawl Singles - $5​
Project M - $5​
Project M Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)​
Pokémon XY Singles - $2​
*Venue fee will be waived if you bring a FULL Setup (TV + Wii + Brawl or P:M)​

Schedule
10:00 AM - Venue Opens/Registration​
12:00 PM - Registration for Brawl Doubles Ends​
12:30 PM - Brawl Doubles Begins​
02:00 PM - Project M Doubles Begin​
02:30 PM - Pokémon XY Singles Begins.​
03:00 PM - Brawl Singles Begins​
04:00 PM - Project M Singles Pools Begin​
06:00 PM - Project M Singles Bracket (Top 32 if 50+, Top 16 if <50)​
10:00 PM - Venue Closes​
ALL REGISTRATION BEGINS WHEN DOORS OPEN AND ENDS 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE EVENT BEGINS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL PLACE YOU INTO YOUR RESPECTIVE EVENT.​
Rulesets
Project M: Ver. 3.02, Apex Stagelist/Ruleset
Pokémon XY will be done in a best 2/3, double elimination format, if this gets bigger, I will look into possibly doing Swiss format.

Payouts (Singles and Doubles for Brawl, P:M, and Pokémon)
< 29 Entrants
1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10%

30-39 Entrants
1. 55%
2. 30%
3. 10%
4. 5%

40+ Entrants
1. 48%
2. 22%
3. 15%
4. 10%
5. 2.5% each

Sponsors:
I am pleased to announce that this event will have a sponsorship. Buffalo Wild Wings will be adding to the pot with gift cards to the winners of the Project M Singles Bracket. This is huge for us, I told them how much the community loves BWW and they were very excited to get on board.​

Additional Information
Please bring setups! We will need them to run this successfully and efficiently. Ideally if we have 6 setups for each game we will be more than okay. I know this could be done with 9-12 setups. If one of the events is running slower, I will convert setups to the opposite game to make things speedup.​
• Brawl (6)​
• Project M (6)​

For Pokémon Players, Bring your own Charger and please read up on the rules. I am running Smogon XY Singles since it is a preference amongst people who have expressed interest.​
Facebook Event Link (If you didn't click the Banner Image): https://www.facebook.com/events/1434488070145356

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Will be there with a partial (no TV) Brawl/PM setup.

JakieWinks

Smash Apprentice
- logo pending -
Not sure if this means you're looking for a design to be made or making one yourself or whatever, BUT if you are looking for a logo to be made, I'd be more than happy to make it! I love messing around in photoshop and stuff. It's a longshot but I'm just throwin it out there! :upsidedown:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Not sure if this means you're looking for a design to be made or making one yourself or whatever, BUT if you are looking for a logo to be made, I'd be more than happy to make it! I love messing around in photoshop and stuff. It's a longshot but I'm just throwin it out there! :upsidedown:
Thanks for the offer, but i make my own graphics

fZk

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go and I'm gonna win. I'm tired of getting second place. Taking on all money matches also. If you think you have what it takes, hit me up.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I (believe) that I'll be here to do that stream thing and if you need help running P:M, I can help run that also.

Mtank

Smash Cadet
So I can just show up with $10 and register for the pm tourney right? No online registering or anything? Haven't been to any tournament yet

NoLife

Smash Apprentice
i love fighting ike shwick we got to play some friendlies this time around so i can see ur ike

LOE1

Smash Lord
idk, might be taking a break from tournaments to do other things. we'll see though

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
hey ori when does pm registration start/end b nice to no so i dont have to get there relatively early just to sit their/do friendlies for a couple of hours
reg starts at the beginning and ends 30 minutes before the event starts.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
there's an OH tournament on the same day, I won't be attending this.

Also, Shwick's new char (ike) isn't good.

:denzel:
Ike won all my matches lmfao. Against shananigans pika. And against gregs ganon and peach. Can't remember his tag. But he was really good. Soooooo my ike clearly has potential lol.

Top Bottom