• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maximum F-b height

Binx

Smash Master
I am pretty sure I have seen the answer to this before, it's 14 presses per second for maximum up b height correct?

Does anyone know how many BPM it is? I have trouble getting over 600 BPM which I am pretty sure is about half as fast as I need to be pressing it.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, if it's 14 presses/sec, then basic math gets us 840 presses/min. Or is that not what you're looking for.

Syko_Lemming

Smash Ace
Lol 600BPM, you sound like you're talking about semi-autos. Or engines.

I didn't know you had to press it that many times. I just went to practice, set it to 1/4 time, and pressed it as fast as I could. Then If I could match that height in normal speed I knew I must have the full hight.

I don't think it's as much as the Doc tornado.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
BPM = beats per minute. This is how many times the beat of a song will play within a minute of that song.

It's not very helpful to arbitrarily say BPM though, because you could be pressing every quarter note at 840 BPM, every eighth note at 420, every sixteenth note at 210, etc... You could be doing the triplets of half notes in some weird, non-integer BPM...

Personally, if you REALLY want to to do BPM, I'd say use 420 and two button taps for each beat.

Binx

Smash Master
The only reason I want to use BPM is because there is a site that will tell you how fast you are pressing any key on the computer, but it measures it in BPM.

So by what your saying you think 840 is enough for maximum height?

http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

This way I can practice the timing for wobbling and forward B at work, I just want to make sure that I know what I am doing first.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Beat per second (bps) has always made more sense to me for stuff like this. I think it's no more than 10 for maximum height, which if you only have Popo, is no more than like 2 character heights.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
IC board needs a thread like the liven up one on kirby's board.

psicicle

Smash Ace
by the way, if you divide the number you get on that site by 60 you get your button presses per second.

Binx

Smash Master
I am not using it as a method of getting better at pressing the button, although I probably could since I use my pointer finger anyways.

Just wanted to see how close I was to maximum height.

So i get about 10 per second, but I need 14, good to know.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Oh, something interesting to note though... your first couple of button presses are the most important. The second and third presses are the ones that get you your initial height. If you don't do those fast enough, you'll lose height quickly then maintain your lower altitude. If you get presses one two and three in really fast, you'll get a bit of height then keep the higher altitude.

I guess that's why I'm able to still survive with my 9 presses per second :(

Binx

Smash Master
Oh, something interesting to note though... your first couple of button presses are the most important. The second and third presses are the ones that get you your initial height. If you don't do those fast enough, you'll lose height quickly then maintain your lower altitude. If you get presses one two and three in really fast, you'll get a bit of height then keep the higher altitude.

I guess that's why I'm able to still survive with my 9 presses per second :(
Thanks, good to know.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Um, how are you supposed to get a BPM measurement exactly? I just held down the button and got like, infinity, which is pretty kool I guess. If the correct way to do it is press it just once after a reset, then I got 769.23, which I got repeatedly...

EDIT: If you press 2 buttons at the exact same time it does say "Infinity" LMFAO, Infinite Possibilities!

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Ummm..I just hit two buttons at the same time and got infinity... Now if only the IC's could use that for auto best recovery ever.

edit: didnt see your post nick...

Top Bottom