• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Massquerade 2: John Madman's Day Off - September 28th, 2013 - Framingham, MA

Bloodcross

Smash Champion

Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament at Game Underground

1251 Worcester Rd.
Framingham, MA

For more details regarding the venue, check out their Facebook page.

SCHEDULE
11:00 am - Doors open
11:30 am - 12:30 - Signups for both 2v2 and 1v1
12:30 am - 12:45 - Signups for 2v2 ends
12:30 pm - Brawl 2v2 Begins
02:30 pm - Signups for 1v1 ends
03:00 pm - Brawl 1v1 Begins

Schedule is subject to change (most notably the start of 1v1)

ENTRY
Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $5 per person ($10 per Team)

PRIZES
Doubles
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Singles (If there are 25 or more entrants):
1st place -48%
2nd place -22%
3rd place -14%
4th place - 8%
5th place (tie) - 4%
5th place (tie) - 4%

Singles (If there are fewer than 25 entrants):
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

BRAWL RULESET

3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.

• There is a 30 Ledge Grab Limit for Meta Knight and a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
  • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters. The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser, Ganon, Kirby, King Dedede, etc Suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.
Modified Doubles Rules

• Team Attack set to “On”
  • Double Meta Knight is Banned.
  • Life stealing is allowed.
  • In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  • In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
  • If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Set Procedure

• Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
  • Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  • Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  • The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  • The first match is played.
  • The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  • The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
  • The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  • The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  • The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  • The next match is played.
  • Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Determining Player Priority

If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.

• Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).
Stage List

Starters:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Counterpicks:
  • Castle Seige
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
Conduct Rules

• No scrooging (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
    • "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
  • Corollaries to Scrooging Rule:
    • When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage, Scrooging Rule does not apply.
    • The moving platform on Smashville is considered to be equivalent to a ledge, i.e. if a player starts from the moving platform on one side of the stage and travels beneath the stage to the ledge/platform on the opposite side of the stage, the player may not travel beneath the stage back to the ledge/moving platform on the opposite side before until he lands back on the platform.
  • In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
  • Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  • Stage Texture hacks are not allowed. Music hacks are fine.
Livestream might be provided. TBA

Follow the event on other websites!:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/555767787817473/?ref=2
Allisbrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14358

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Just so everyone knows, this tournament has been announced on facebook for a while.

But smashboards got attacked by attention whores so I couldn't get this page up until now.

Sorry for the "short" notice for those who didn't get to the facebook page.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oh, so is Game Underground hosting tourneys on a monthly basis or something? The venue's really cool.

This tourney would be a week from today. >,<

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Yeah I believe I'll be hosting these monthly.

Anyone from NY/NJ/Chibo'sTyranny(funie becaz CT) wanna hit this up? It's short notice but it'd be cool if this tourney got a couple carpools lol.

ntarps

Smash Rookie
NNID
ntarps1
how many people are expected to be here? I just might make the trip over to framingham

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I have my eyes set on attendance in October; I had so much fun in September and would like to tune some faults in my playstyle that came with me.

This month just seemed very sudden, given the DDoS attack and all.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
I may be convinced to actually show up for one of these. It would be good to dust off my controller and play.

Top Bottom