• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Masahiro Sakurai Reveals That Balancing Is Determined By Who He Hates The Least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In the most recent edition of Famitsu Weekly, Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai spoke about game balance in his bimonthly column.He whines about how much he hates the characters he has chosen for the latest edition of Nintendo's grudge match game for infants and small children. He finally admits he is a terrible game designer.

"After three failures in a row, I just didn't think I could balance this game alone so I got Bandai Namco to do the work." said Sakurai.

Sakurai also revealed an additional detail regarding the balancing process. He revealed that there is one key person who decides all balancing decisions, and it comes from an unlikely source, the Wii Fit Trainer.

"During my lunch breaks where I can do whatever I want, I noticed that the Wii Fit Trainer, or Miss Fit as we like to call her, would often rally up the team in exercising together. It's thanks to her we have seen many positive improvements from Bowser's posture to improving facial expressions thanks to her facial exercises."

As for why he still hates her, "It's because she's white. *laughs*"
[Source]

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Oh damn king dedede is gonna be f tier... Hmm how come most fat or big characters are usually bad? Conspiracy time!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"As for why he still hates her, "It's because she's white."

My IRL reaction:

Although, truth be told, if Kamiya was making this game, I wouldn't put it past him to say something like this.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
No words or images/gif's can really sum up how to react to this, true or not.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know what I was expecting. But you didn't disappoint me Kuma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom