• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Marth/Olimar Team Strategy

aFA

Smash Rookie
What is a good team strategy for a marth/olimar combo? If possible, please focus more on Marth's style for the combo. And stage selections?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I would say its not an optimal team combo.

But contrasting their strengths, marth is great at angles/arcs while Olimar is able to cover flat/horizontal plains quite well.
They're able to combo with their throws together quite well.
However they're both prone to getting gimped.

But I would say their strength would be in sheer damage output in combos and strong zoning.

I would say Smashville would be great because Marth can abuse platform cancelling to cover anything above Olimar's ground range, pretty much.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I used to team with BlackWaltz quite regularly in the early stages of Brawl. As Olimar, he would camp EXTREMELY hard and take no risks. This resulted in him having a positive damage output, and let him get K.O.s easily. He threw pikman in as support, and could always whistle them back if he stuck me accidentally. He also was able to get easy kills by being opportunistic and Usmashing.

As Marth, I just mainly controlled the stage as I would with any partner, except I did not focus on landing kills, since I could just feed them to Olimar. This allowed me to remain safe enough to play a mostly 2 on 1 game the entire time.

Usually, everyone would be on their last stock high percent while Olimar was at 2 stock, low, pretty much assuring our victory.

N_o_M

Smash Journeyman
Also if you get one of them rushing you olimar can up air them and hold them for a fair which is always a good combo, pushing them off stage then you can handle the other.

Top Bottom