• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Up B is a reliable combo finisher (Mario Combo Thread)

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
My impressions for Mario from the demo thus far:

- Utilt to Uair chains aren't really that reliable. The opponent has a good opportunity of time to airdodge or possibly attack while you are trying to jump up and use an Uair on them after the Utilt. Additionally, at later percents, Utilt just sends the opponent too high up for the increased hitstun to even matter to try to follow up with a Uair.
- Uair to Uair chains work, but are pretty hard to do and seem very frame dependent for the chain to happen.
- Utilt chains don't work at really low percents, but it doesn't take long at all for them to become reliable (low-mid percents).
- EDIT: Actually scratch that. Utilt chains aren't really that reliable.
- Dthrow to Utilt chains similarly don't work at really low percents, but don't take long at all before they are reliable. Otherwise, Dthrow is really good for setting up combos.
- Dtilt seems incredibly much more useful this time around. Dtilt chains and frametraps into grab are more reliable than trying to do Utilt chains at really low percents, and at higher percents it sends opponents at a lower height yet similar angle to Utilt making it more reliable for followups. Never would I thought I would see the day Mario's Dtilt is this good.
- Uthrow seems a bit more useful than Dthrow at super early percents, but otherwise it's not too reliable for combos. You can potentially land an aerial after it with a good read though. Doesn't work at mid percents or higher.
- Dair is pretty decent at low levels for setting up aerials, but most of the time you're going to have to read if the opponent is going to try to airdodge or attack you during these instances.
- The Fair ground bounce might seem really good for followups after it lands, but unfortunately, opponents are able to airdodge really early after the groundbounce happens, meaning you have to go back to reading what your opponent does afterwards.
- Bair seems pretty good for WoP combos, but I need to use it a bit more. It can also lead to other combos during approaches since the landing lag is incredibly low on this move.

Up B actually remedies a good portion of the above in order to help you extend your combos. All of the hits reliably connect together, it comes out pretty much instantly, covers the area diagonally above Mario which is mostly a "blind spot" for him in regards to combos, and has a good amount of knockback on the final hit which prevents you from being punished in most situations afterwards. You can also fast-fall after using it to make it safer. Here are the following combos I have found using Up B, all of which are mostly inescapable and are true combos.

At low percents (just be wary that you are a bit more prone to being punished after the Up B at lower percents)
Dtilt -> Up B (17%)
Dtilt -> Dtilt -> Up B (22%)
Utilt -> Up B (19%)
Utilt -> Utilt -> Up B (26%; only works against an opponent who is at around 10-20% however)
Bair -> Pivot Up B (23%)
Dair -> Up B (24% max; depends on how many hits Dair/Up B connects with)
Dair (land before the final hit) -> Dthrow -> Up B (varies; you could also try throwing in some Utilts after the Dthrow)

Uair -> (land) -> Up B (19%)
Uair -> (land) -> Utilt -> Up B (26%)
Uair -> (land) -> Dthrow -> Up B (24%)
Usmash -> Up B (varies depending on Usmash charge and Up B)
Uthrow -> Up B (19%)

Dthrow -> Up B (17%)
Dthrow -> (Correctly read your opponent) -> Utilt -> Up B (24%)
Dthrow -> Utilt -> Utilt -> Up B (31%; only works against an opponent who is at around 10-20% however)
Dthrow -> Dtilt/Dtilt chain -> Up B (23%/28% respectively)
Dthrow -> Dtilt -> Dtilt -> (Correctly read your opponent -> Dthrow -> Utilt/Dtilt -> Up B (42/41% respectively; you can also throw in a falling Uair/Dair at the very beginning for extra flash/damage too probably. You have to be a bit lucky for the second throw)

At mid percents
Dthrow -> Utilt -> Up B
Dthrow -> Utilt -> Uair -> Up B
Dthrow -> Dtilt -> Up B
Dthrow -> Uair -> Up B (You can try to throw in another Uair but it is a bit risky)

Dtilt -> Up B
Utilt -> Uair -> Up B
Usmash -> Uair -> Up B (situational; works better at low-mid percents)
Dair (land before the final hit) -> Dthrow -> Utilt -> Up B
Dair (land before the final hit) -> Dthrow -> Uair -> Up B
Dair (land before the final hit) -> Utilt -> Uair -> Up B
Uair -> (land) -> Uair -> Up B
Fair -> Up B (need to test this one further/probably works on both ground and air opponents)
Fair -> Dthrow -> Up B (need to test this one further)

At high percents (bolded combos work at "any percent")
Dthrow -> Up B
Dair (land before the final hit) -> Dthrow -> Up B
Uair -> (land) -> Up B

Dtilt -> Up B

Dtilt -> Uair -> Up B (doesn't work at very high percents)

Other useful combos (That don't use Up B)
Dthrow -> Jab Combo (at low percents)
Dthrow -> Dsmash (at low percents)
Dtilt chain (at low percents)
Dthrow -> Utilt -> Usmash (at mid percents)
Bair chain (at mid percents)
Dthrow -> Nair (at mid/high percents)
Dtilt -> Nair (at high percents)
Dtilt -> (correctly read your opponent) -> Usmash (at high percents)
Dair (land before the final hit) -> Dsmash (situational but can work at any percent?)

Personal favorites
Dtilt -> Up B (at any percent)
Uair -> (land) -> Dthrow -> Up B (at low percents)
Dthrow -> Up B (at low percents)
Dthrow -> Jab Combo (at low percents)
Dthrow -> Dsmash (at low percents)
Dthrow -> Dtilt/Dtilt Chain -> Up B (at low percents)
Dthrow -> Utilt -> Up B (at mid percents)
Dthrow -> Utilt -> Uair -> Up B (at mid percents)
Dthrow -> Uair -> Up B (at mid percents)
Utilt -> Uair -> Up B (at mid percents)
Uair -> (land) -> Uair -> Up B (at mid percents)
Bair chain (at mid percents)
Dthrow -> Nair (at mid/high percents)
Dthrow -> Up B (at high percents)
Uair -> (land) -> Up B (at high percents)
Dtilt -> Nair (at high percents)
Uair/Dair -> (land) -> Dthrow -> Dtilt -> Dtilt -> (correctly predict your opponent) -> Dthrow -> Utilt -> Uair -> Up B (at low percents; probably the longest combo I can think of that could potentially work; good luck getting it in a match though lol)

Close up, the default Up B can do up to 12% damage. 5% first hit, 1%x4 multihits, and then 3% for the last hit. As an anti-air, Up B usually does 5% damage instead (last two multihits plus final hit). Up B is really useful for helping Mario tack on extra percents after his combos throughout the fight. It might not seem like much, but even little things can quickly add up over time. Plus, at least from what I have tested, these are all true combos, or at least very reliable ones. Meaning that it is almost guaranteed damage, and you don't have to worry too much about missing with the Up B. If you do miss, it is very punishable afterwards, but the opponent almost never has time to airdodge the Up B mid combo because of how fast it is.

I feel as though the Explosive Jump Punch is going to be extremely valuable to Mario, as it is going to greatly increase the damage potential of his combos. It does 21% max damage, 8% first hit and 13% second hit, so it would increase the damage output of all the combos I mentioned above. I would love to test it out right now, but I have to wait until Oct 3rd for the full game. While on the opposite end of the spectrum, I think that the High Jump version is going to be pretty useless. Both because it feels as though Mario would really rely on his Up B to help aid his combo game in Smash 4, and because it would remove an important OoS option for Mario as well since this version doesn't have a hitbox.

Lastly, Up B kills on Sudden Death. Very great for surprise kills, though should be used very sparingly on Sudden Death since missing means that you're pretty much screwed.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jab cancel Up-B doesn't work I'm assuming? I'd be kinda sad if that were the case. Either way good stuff. Anything to make Mario's early percent combo game more reliable is helpful.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
I forgot about Jab actually. Testing against a com now.

I know for sure Jab resets are less powerful in this game than Brawl, so it might affect Jab -> Up B as well.

EDIT: Yeah doesn't work at all, unfortunately. Jab 1 never has any sort of real hitstun to follow up into anything besides Jab 2, and Jab 2 is just ever-so-slightly too slow for it to work. Link was able to block/roll at low, mid, and high percents against it.

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
D-throw > dtilt > utilt > dtilt > grab > d-throw for ~40%
Against a com, sure. But that is most likely not going to work against a human player. Dtilt doesn't do enough hitstun to follow up into Utilt at low percents, and at higher percents Dtilt sends too high for the Utilt. (Also there's no Up B which is what this topic is about)

I've tested quite extensively with Mario's combos. Most of the only reliable ones are the ones you can end with Up B, all of which I have listed in the OP. The only two that doesn't really use Up B are Bair WoP chains against aerial opponents (which unlike Uair can reliably connect together I believe), and Dtilt chains at low percents though they rely on you guessing if the opponent isn't going to react fast enough for the next Dtilt. Dtilt -> Ftilt also works at low percents.

Last edited:

Mister

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrMisterMisterMr
3DS FC
4742-4981-8845
Playing the demo, one of my go-to combos against computers (maybe real people, haven't had anyone to test it against) is to approach with a short-hopped nair, fast fall it, d-tilt and start some up-tilts into up-airs.
Of course, it only works at low-%.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Playing the demo, one of my go-to combos against computers (maybe real people, haven't had anyone to test it against) is to approach with a short-hopped nair, fast fall it, d-tilt and start some up-tilts into up-airs.
Of course, it only works at low-%.
Sadly soft hit Nair doesn't have enough hitstun to make the Dtilt afterwards a true combo, though it can catch someone by surprise. And by the time the soft hit Nair does have enough hitstun, it tends to push the person (ground opponents) too far away to follow up with anything. Soft hit Nair does have combo strings against aerial opponents at mid-high percents however.

Anyways, for those of you who are looking for long true combo strings, I may have found your answer:

Dair (land before the final hit) -> Dthrow -> Utilt/Uair -> Up B (longest true combo chain I found thus far)

The Dair is a bit random at times with where it sends opponents and you have to time it properly, but this is a true combo at mid percents.

Also, I updated the opening post with more combos.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I feel as though the Explosive Jump Punch is going to be extremely valuable to Mario, as it is going to greatly increase the damage potential of his combos. It does 21% max damage, 8% first hit and 13% second hit, so it would increase the damage output of all the combos I mentioned above. I would love to test it out right now, but I have to wait until Oct 3rd for the full game. While on the opposite end of the spectrum, I think that the High Jump version is going to be pretty useless. Both because it feels as though Mario would really rely on his Up B to help aid his combo game in Smash 4, and because it would remove an important OoS option for Mario as well since this version doesn't have a hitbox.
Based on what I've seen from NinjaLink's footage of custom moves, EJP doesn't kill a CPU Mario from the ground until past 100%, so unfortunately you probably won't be able to true combo into it as a kill move, though it would indeed help Mario's damage output substantially, assuming it's still fast enough to combo in the same situations SJP can. I definitely agree that EJP is probably Mario's best up-B option, and it has other uses as a punisher in addition to being a combo finisher.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Based on what I've seen from NinjaLink's footage of custom moves, EJP doesn't kill a CPU Mario from the ground until past 100%, so unfortunately you probably won't be able to true combo into it as a kill move, though it would indeed help Mario's damage output substantially, assuming it's still fast enough to combo in the same situations SJP can. I definitely agree that EJP is probably Mario's best up-B option, and it has other uses as a punisher in addition to being a combo finisher.
Ah I see. That's a bit unfortunate. Thanks for the info though! Assuming that EJP can replace SJP for all of the combo situations I have posted, EJP would probably end up stale anyways. But as long as it can be used in most of these combos/is fast enough as an OoS and combo finisher option, then I will be more than satisfied.

For the most part, the full SJP animation doesn't really connect, so you only get about an extra 5% for all of these combos. Whereas the final hit of EJP does 13%, which by itself does more than the full SJP animation (12%). 8% extra per hit would be very nice! (Plus the initial 8% hitbox doesn't hurt either)

The only drawback I have seen to EJP thus far is that apparently you cannot adjust the angle at which Mario travels during the animation, so I do assume some combo options would be lost by virtue of that alone. Though I could be wrong as well. EJP still pretty much covers that upwards diagonal "blind spot" Mario has for combos anyways, so it would probably only really matter at later percents where opponents begin being sent more horizontally away from attacks.

With EJP: Dair (land) -> Dthrow -> (pummel) -> Utilt/Uair -> EJP could easily be a true combo for Mario that could do 40% or more damage against opponents at mid percents. That alone has me pretty excited.

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Okay, so after some more testing, here are my current findings:

- Utilt chains are not reliable. At really low percents, the opponent can just Nair/etc out of them for free almost. And at mid percents, opponents are able to vector above Mario and away from most other combos. You can potentially throw in an Uair if they do this but the timing is extremely tight, and they can get away from it easily. Not to mention, since they're directly above Mario, you can't follow up with an Up B to hit them...which does more damage than two consecutive Utilts (considering the followup afterwards is probably going to miss anyways). Utilt is still a good move. It's good for punishing people on the ledge trying to jump above you, it's a decent anti-air, and it does allow for setups into Up B. But Utilt chains themselves are not as good as people currently think they are. Double Utilt gets beaten out at 0-9% against another Mario. It works at around 10% to 16-20% and links properly into an Up B against another Mario. But then after that the opponent can just vector above Mario's head and he really can't do much afterwards. It is just better to do a single Utilt into Up B instead overall.
- Dtilt is even better than I have initially expected. Dtilt is probably going to replace Utilt for almost everything besides being an anti-air. It's faster, works much better for combos, and can properly chain into itself at low percents. Dtilt chains are only beaten by 1 frame moves such as Mario's Up B, Dair, and etc. Otherwise, it works fantastically/pretty much what people expected Utilt to do instead (but Utilt doesn't). Sure it does less damage, but I would rather have hit-confirms than a minor damage percent increase.
- Uair to Uair chains are still a bit sketchy, but they do indeed work. Falling Uair -> Jump Uair -> Up B is inescapable at certain percents. Uair to Uair in the air is a bit more dicey though, but can still work I think.
- Dthrow is still really good for setting up combos. Use it often. And while Dthrow -> Utilt doesn't work at lower percents, Dthrow -> Dtilt does for the most part. So that's yet another point in Dtilt's favor.
- Falling Dair against opponents has almost no landing lag, so you can easily follow it up with a Dthrow or potentially something else. The trajectory it sends opponents is still a bit random, but it does indeed work. You do have to approach the opponent during the falling Dair in order to get the grab though, since they kind of slide away from you otherwise.
- The stun on Fair against grounded opponents is unsafe at lower percents. However, with a groundbounce at mid percents, it indeed can link into Up B. Just be cautious as opponents can still act extremely quickly out of a groundbounce though.
- Bair chains do indeed work, making it even more excellent as an edgeguarding tool. Bair WoP's and Dtilt chains are really the only noteworthy combos that don't have to involve Up B, though Up B can be applied at the end of Dtilt chains at lower percents.
- And just because I cannot stress this enough, Utilt chains are not as reliable as they seem to be. Only use them if you really feel as though you can successfully land the followup. Otherwise, I recommend that Mario players should avoid using them, and just do a single Utilt instead.

Here's a list of basic combos and at what percents they work at (against another Mario):

0-10%: Dthrow -> Dtilt/Dtilt Chain -> Up B, or Dthrow -> Up B
10-20%: Dthrow -> Utilt/Utilt Chain -> Up B, or Dthrow -> Dtilt/possible Dtilt chain -> Up B
20-40%: Dthrow -> Utilt -> Up B
40-45%: Dthrow -> Utilt -> Up B (sometimes whiffs the Utilt though)
40-45% and up: Dthrow -> Up B

I will be editing the opening post soon with more information. Lastly, I found this low percent combo:

Dthrow -> Dtilt -> Dtilt -> (correctly read opponent) -> Dthrow -> Dtilt/Utilt -> Up B (41-42% damage)

This is similar to what @Kit Cal-N said, but it works better because Dtilt -> Utilt -> Dtilt doesn't have much synergy together. Overall the combo is the same basic concept though, but has better frame advantage. And again, you can escape the Dtilts if you have a 1 frame aerial like Mario's Up B/Dair, but otherwise this works. The only tricky part is getting that second grab, since the opponent has a chance to roll away from it or something else.

Last edited:

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
it looks like link can't nair out of up tilts,
so up tilt combos are still a thing for heavier characters perhaps?

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Dgrab>dsmash works at 0 for quick damage. It works for me 100% of the time.
Hmmm seems pretty good for gimps at lower percents. I'll have to test the frames of this but I think it does work. Nice find.

Yeah it'll probably still be useful against heavier characters/charters with slow aerial moves. For example Utilt chains at 0-10% don't beat out Mario's Nair but at 10-20% they do (and after that they begin to send opponents above you which makes it hard for followups). But I can still see it working against larger characters however. It's just that I find using Utilt -> Up B more useful because it pretty much guarantees that I am going to hit my opponent and does more damage than doing another Utilt.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Huh, so the basic jist of this is that Mario's U-tilt is bad outside of anti-air situations, and that you should be using D-tilt for combos.

Welp...at least it's something.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Wait..DTilt chains? I honestly think that's BETTER in the long run. More range, better at poking through shields...holy cow, this character. Not the best by any means but definitely interesting. Dtilt doing less damage and being more reliable is a plus IMO cause that means you could potentially do a bit more of them and get more elaborate % setups. Honestly Mario's really looking like a solid Mid fighter.

If Dtilt is a good move like this, this will also apply to Doc since I believe his Dtilt works like Mario's here. Awesome.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Nintendo pls, give back Mario's Jab canceling and Brawl damage per hit (U-air only does 7% wtf), then I'll be a happy man. Oh and for the love of things that aren't broken, make meteors NON TECHABLE.

These changes will make Mario good. Real talk.

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Huh, so the basic jist of this is that Mario's U-tilt is bad outside of anti-air situations, and that you should be using D-tilt for combos.

Welp...at least it's something.
Yeah. Mario's Utilt is good, but Utilt -> Utilt chains itself are not all they are cracked up to be. For me personally at least, I would rather go for a Dthrow -> Utilt -> Up B chain at mid percents or a Dthrow -> Uair -> Up B chain at high percents. And Dthrow -> Dtilt/Dtilt chain -> Up B at lower percents. Those seem to be the easiest and most reliable methods of dealing damage. At very high percents, you would switch it up to just Dthrow -> Up B.

Dtilt -> Up B seems to always work no matter what percent the opponent is at, even more-so than Dthrow -> Up B. So if you really need to combo someone to raise their damage, that chain will probably be your best friend. Dthrow -> Dtilt -> Up B stops working at around mid percents, but just using Dtilt -> Up B always seems to work no matter what.

Wait..DTilt chains? I honestly think that's BETTER in the long run. More range, better at poking through shields...holy cow, this character. Not the best by any means but definitely interesting. Dtilt doing less damage and being more reliable is a plus IMO cause that means you could potentially do a bit more of them and get more elaborate % setups. Honestly Mario's really looking like a solid Mid fighter.

If Dtilt is a good move like this, this will also apply to Doc since I believe his Dtilt works like Mario's here. Awesome.
Yeah, Dtilt chains at lower percents. The only thing that can really break out of it I have found is frame 1 moves, or a really lucky jump/block or something like that. Dtilt chains work extremely well at low percents, though sadly, they stop working at around mid percents. Even so, Dtilt always pops the opponent up at the perfect angle in which you can follow it up with an Up B. Heck, you could probably even sneak in an Uair or Dair after a Dtilt if you are fast enough. I haven't really tried myself, but it could potentially work. Dtilt is definitely faster than Utilt though, so if anything, Dtilt -> Uair will work better than Utilt -> Uair regardless.

But yeah Mario is indeed looking pretty solid right now. I just kind of wish that Utilt chains were as good as they initially look on paper. But in actual practice, they have failed me many times.

Nintendo pls, give back Mario's Jab canceling and Brawl damage per hit (U-air only does 7% wtf), then I'll be a happy man. Oh and for the love of things that aren't broken, make meteors NON TECHABLE.

These changes will make Mario good. Real talk.
Yeah, Jab canceling has been nerfed across the board from what it seems. Would probably affect Ike quite a lot since he used to really rely on those. (And I am going to be SUPER upset if DeDeDe can't Jab -> Jab 2 -> Free Grab anymore...)

Oh yeah that's another thing that makes the Fair groundbounce not as good as it initially seems to be either. The com always, ALWAYS techs it when you actually land it. :/ Would be harder to do in an actual match but...the fact that you can quickly act out of a groundbounce AND you have a chance to tech the groundbounce itself honestly makes me feel that it's not even worth using onstage most of the time. Fair is a great meteor still but you are really, really gambling if you try to groundbounce someone with Fair and then try to follow up after it.

On the plus side, falling Uairs and Dairs are still great for approaching and comboing. Nair is...eh. It's better to get people away from you than comboing. Soft hit Nair combos I have learned are actually not as great as I thought. I have to update the opening posts with my findings on them once I test them again later.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Found something nice against Link in the demo with Dtilt shenanigans. At lower-ish, more middling percents(it's pretty specific) you can Dtilt chain into dash grab and start a new mixup, likely D-Throw > Uair > Up-B, or a plethora of other things. This is interesting. Granted you already discussed it but I'm looking more into the followups afterwards. D-throw is really, really good at like any %.

Last edited:
NNID
JoseOmar
3DS FC
5043-2182-4536
In my experience, Link can successfully jump out of the first utilt in the dgrab>utilt combo from 0.
Sorry, I meant after the first utilt when trying to go for another utilt.

Last edited:

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
True, but if he reads your uair he can jump away and fair you or nair>land>jab combo/mix-up. I'd rather stick to guaranteed combos like dgrab>dsmash from 0, to quickly rack up damage, then go for dgrab>utilt>uair shenanigans.
he already used his jump though :?
gotta keep the hype goin man, all safe and guaranteed makes jack a dull boy.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Found something nice against Link in the demo with Dtilt shenanigans. At lower-ish, more middling percents(it's pretty specific) you can Dtilt chain into dash grab and start a new mixup, likely D-Throw > Uair > Up-B, or a plethora of other things. This is interesting. Granted you already discussed it but I'm looking more into the followups afterwards. D-throw is really, really good at like any %.
Yeah. Dthrow is excellent at pretty much any percent for combos. Dthrow, Dtilt, falling Uair/Dair, and of course Up B are probably Mario's best tools for combos in this game. Utilt is okay at mid percents but otherwise it's kind of lackluster in regards to combos.

I have also added more combos to the opening post. Dtilt -> Uair -> Up B does indeed work from mid to high percents, though sometimes it is a bit tricky to time, and at mid percents the opponent can escape it if they anticipate it. I have also added a section for useful combos that don't require Up B as well.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Impressive list guys, I'm not sure if these are true combo's (there is 1 reset in there) or not but they are worth a watch.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Impressive list guys, I'm not sure if these are true combo's (there is 1 reset in there) or not but they are worth a watch.

Matchup specific. Character physics and move frame data make them really bad at escaping juggles.

That stuff basically is straight out of Brawl btw.

Last edited:

Turbopasta

Smash Rookie
Thanks for doing this research, I had no idea Mario could do so many combos. I didn't even know about Dthrow -> up B, I'm definitely going to be using that for quick punishes since it seems to be so reliable at most %.

I just wish the list had % damage after the low % combos list.

Just for clarification, what should be the go-to combos in most % cases, assuming you don't have to predict the opponent's movement, that doesn't require insane timing(such as 1-frame windows)?

Top Bottom