• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario vs. Wolf

Chef2

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I'm a wolf player looking for some advice vs Mario. I've posted about this match up in the wolf thread but I seem to be howling at the moon so was gonna see if some plumbers had some advice for me!

Now I know helping the enemy isn't the fairest thing, so I'll write some stuff I noticed that work well vs wolf
-Mario's dtilt->fsmash is a godly kill set up. If I miss the di (and it's hard to di since this move is so fast with no hit lag), it's a free fsmash from (haven't labbed but...) 50-120%!! The dtilt seems so safe too.
-Going out for cape to hit a wolf up B that isn't vertical is a great option. Our recovery is easy to cape. If wolf is using up B at an angle to recover, run off ledge and cape
-nair beats sour spot wolf side B and trades with the sweetspot
-uthrow chain grabs
-Mario dair beats a wolf favorite aerial, up air. Beating a wolfs up air with dair is really demoralizing to the wolf player since u air is our best/fave move
-pills cancel out the wolf laser
-not 100% on this (might be just timing) but Mario utilt/UpSmash seems to beat wolfs dair

I'm sure you guys knew a lot of this but I'm really struggling vs a few Mario's in my area so any advice would be great!

Top Bottom