• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario in Doubles help

Jaax

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItzzJak
Hey guys, so I just started playing doubles competitively and I was wondering how do I use Mario in doubles?
and also what is his job in Doubles?
Would really appreciate it if y'all answered :D

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I prefer doubles in this game 100x more than singles. I think Mario is better being an aggressor rather than defensive with a teammate since he has the power and speed to do so. (Probably depending on the teammate's character. I team with an olimar so I'm normally the aggressive one.

I believe it's easier to use him in doubles than singles since Mario doesn't have to worry about zoning or chasing down characters that out camp him and his quick, damage racking attacks are beneficial with so much happening on screen.

I use him the same way I do in singles.. just less campy. What exactly do you struggle with? I say doubles becomes easy when you team with a static partner who knows your style well enough to work around you and your character. And vice versa.

I don't like teaming with random people. Especially players who treat doubles like singles and hit me all the time.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
Pretty much everything botastic said

I like doubles alot with Mario in this game as well. I usually find myself tanking it out. To me Mario is surprisingly good at staying alive while being the aggressor in doubles. Granted you have a solid partner, you also don't have to worry about being gimped as much. If you really think about it I think Mario has all the right stats, moves, and tools to be a good doubles character. I want to maybe try partnering with another Mario or Luigi but that's just me

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I still have more fun using Rob and Peach in doubles even though they're my inferior secondaries. But it's just that they have easy set ups for team combos. Mario doesn't have much unless he's teaming with a character that has easy throws to react from like Rob's Upthrow or Wario's dthrow.

Mario's throws are normally too fast to react for your partner and his bthrow has a huge hitbox when he starts swinging which very often hits my partner, lol.

Incendiary

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sh0rtfuse
YES! I completely forgot about the back throw hitting my partner. It definitely happens more than you think. It also comes in clutch in 1v2 situations where the opponents partner gets hit as well. Fludd on occasion has hindered my partner but that was just me being dumb on my part. Just be smart and be aware of where you partner is

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Mario's Bthrow IS clutch in 2v1 situations, lol. And yeah, being aware of where your partner is is probably the most important thing in dubz.

Top Bottom