• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

March 22 Melee at Luzerne County Community College, Nanticoke, PA

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Presented by LCCC Gaming Club and Global Enterprises:

Melee.

Date: March 22nd, 2014

Address: 1333 S Prospect St, Nanticoke, PA 18634
Luzerne County Community College
in Building 12 (Advanced Technology Center).
Rooms A209 A-B (walk in front doors, rooms on left side)

REALLY IMPORTANT: Do NOT turn at Kosciuszko street, turn at Prospect street. Kosciuszko will take you away from the building where the event is being held, where as Prospect will take you right to Parking Lot D, which is the closest to the venue.

Just pass out Kosciuszko street, (there will be a sign for LCCC), keep going until you see Prospect street and another sign for LCCC (will be the 2nd right after Kosciuszko). Parking lot D and E will be to the right

Schedule

10-12am Registration and Setups
12:00pm Melee Doubles
3:00pm Melee Singles
Project M Singles (if enough time and interest after melee)

Prices
Venue fee: $5 (waived if you bring a full setup, Wii/GC w/ Melee and CRT) FEE WAIVER LIMITED TO FIRST 10 SETUPS
Bottle of water and one bag of chips included with venue fee (even if fee is waived)
Melee Singles: $10/person
Melee Doubles: $10/team, $5/person
Project M: $5/person

Rules
This tournament will be using the Apex 2014 ruleset, which can be viewed here: https://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

DIRECTIONS HERE
http://www.luzerne.edu/about/campusmap.pdf
Use Parking Lot D/E (closest to building)

REALLY IMPORTANT: Do NOT turn at Kosciuszko street, turn at Prospect street. Kosciuszko will take you away from the building where the event is being held, where as Prospect will take you right to Parking Lot D, which is the closest to the venue.

Just pass out Kosciuszko street, (there will be a sign for LCCC), keep going until you see Prospect street and another sign for LCCC (will be the 2nd right after Kosciuszko). Parking lot D and E will be to the right

FOR CAMPUS LEGAL REASONS YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO ATTEND, WITH VALID ID PROOF.

In addition, this is a dry campus, so no alcohol of any kind is allowed on school premises. Sorry, but the crunk has to wait until you have left the grounds.

FOOD LOCATIONS
https://www.google.com/maps/preview/search/restuarants near 1331 S. Prospect Street Nanticoke PA/@41.1963173,-76.0007469,15z

Along with these locations, there is the Wyoming Valley Mall located within a 10 minute drive from campus, which has several restaurants in and around it. They got Auntie Anne's, pretzels on pretzels. The area is also known for its pizza...just saying.

MISC
Bring Your Own Controller.
Chips and Water will be on sale throughout tournament, and there are some vending machines in building.
Smoking area located in front of building, look for white gazebo.

Facebook Event link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/212785238927884/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar&source=1

(All information subject to change)

Last edited:

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Updates to the OP, Project M will happen after Melee singles if there is enough interest, $5 entry.

In addition, fee waiver for bringing in a full setup limited to first 10 setups brought. Still free chips and water per entry though.

So if you want Project M, come down and we'll play it! But still. Meleeeeeeeeeeeee.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Who all you expecting to come from the group
Both Pav and Devl are interested, Melon, Slim, A couple new kids, Dozen or so casual, most likely more, Penn State's interested, Mav's gonna tell Pittsburgh about it, and Melon's about to spam the regional threads. We wanna get 30-40 for this.

DELICIOUS

Smash Rookie
NNID
YummYDelicious0
Mhmm this is still happening and Jman if you would want to bring a few people up the more the merrier

Italia06823834

Smash Cadet
This is practically in my backyard, I'll be there and probably have 4-5 other people that will come with with. I can bring a Wii/PM setup but no TV as well.

Also, thought I saw somewhere that there wasn't going to be doubles. Is there Melee Doubles just no PM doubles?

Last edited:

DELICIOUS

Smash Rookie
NNID
YummYDelicious0
Sounds good man, the more the merrier, and we will have a few setups but feel free to bring your wii and pm. and there will be Melee singles and doubles, but Project M will just have singles.

Vunit

Smash Rookie
I've got some good CRTs laying around, I can bring at least one setup for this

DELICIOUS

Smash Rookie
NNID
YummYDelicious0
Also for Project M there will be a slight change to the APEX ruleset. The entire first page of stages is legal, bottom row is neutral, top 2 are counter picks

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Update to the schedule, starting Melee doubles at NOON instead of 1 to try and make room for Project M Singles, there's enough people interested for us to try and run it.

DELICIOUS

Smash Rookie
NNID
YummYDelicious0
Also one thing i would like to add and if Umbra u could add this to the main post is to NOT turn at Kosciuszko street, turn at Prospect street. Kosciuszko will take you away from the building where the event is being held, where as Prospect will take you right to Parking Lot D, which is the closest to the venue. Just pas Kosciuszko street, (there will be a sign for LCCC), keep going until you see Prospect street and another sign for LCCC (will be the 2nd right after Kosciuszko). Parking lot D and E will be to the right

KyoTehCatt

Smash Cadet
Umbra and Melon you guys still play?? lol It's been so long. Well I only met Melon once but I never got to play with anyone else in Scranton PA. I've been playing a lot of Project M

Top Bottom