• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 7, 2015] Fight Me IRL! PM/Melee/S4, Pot Bonuses, Mega-Aftershock Qualifier (Dallas, TX)

Oracle

Smash Master
Facebook Event

Announcing Fight Me IRL, a regional for Smash for Wii U, Melee, and Project M! Featuring Singles and Doubles for all three games, pot bonuses for singles events, top 8 payouts, and bonus points towards the aftershock rankings! Top players from DFW for all 3 games will be in attendance, such as Sethlon, Strong Bad, Lunchables, TLoc Denti, Awestin, and more!

Mega Aftershock Qualifier:
This tournament is 3 weeks before Aftershock, and the winner of each event will recieve free venue fee into aftershock! In addition, any out of city players who place in the top 6 will recieve free venue to aftershock as well!

IMPORTANT: HARD EVENT LIMIT
Because of the huge number of events, its not feasable for everyone to enter everything. As such, there will be a limit of 4 events for each player; that is, each player can only enter a maximum of 4 events.

Setup Sign-In Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vBR-AUod_AuCB-cmnwQZq5MJZ4OR1AuhJvhXqjr4ZOI/viewform?usp=send_form YOU MUST USE THIS FORM TO QUALIFY FOR SETUP DISCOUNTS​

1328 Inwood Road, Dallas, TX 75247​

A brand new venue, Common Ground Games has a spacious gaming area, plenty of parking, great AC, and snacks and drinks for sale! If you were at Play a Real Game 3, this venue is about twice as big as the old Epik location!

Fees and Events
Venue: $10 ($5 if you bring a melee/pm setup, free if you bring a Smash for Wii U setup)
Note: A setup means a game system, game, and tv or monitor. You need everything for the discount
Smash 4 Singles: $10
Melee Singles: $10
Project M Singles: $10
Smash 4 Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Melee Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Project M Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)​

Schedule:
10:00 AM: Venue Opens
11:00 AM: PM Doubles Start
12:00 AM: Smash 4 Doubles Start
1:00 PM: Project M Singles Start
2:00 PM: Smash 4 and Melee Singles Start
11:00 PM: Venue Closes
Note: All these times will be strictly enforced. If you are not going to be here in time, call or text me (number at the bottom of this post) at least 30 minutes before.
Rules
All Events

* All games will be best 2/3, until top 6 which will be 3/5

* Pausing during a match, unless approved by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the player who pressed the pause button.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the player who quits.

* If time runs out, the person with the highest number of stocks left wins. If the players have the same number of stocks when time runs out then the player with the lower % is awarded the victory. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a self-destruct move the player who initiated the move is awarded the win; otherwise the player displayed as victorious by the game is determined as the winner. The best example of this is Kirby's neutral B offstage.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii/Wii U loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise prevent the match from finishing that player will the match and may be disqualified at the Tournament Organizer's discretion.

* No excessive stalling. This is up to the judgment of the TO, but in general, stalling is considered making the game unplayable to artificially run the timer of a match (ie excessive infinite shino stall, peach bomber stall, luigi ladder)

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as the match finishes within the two-minute time frame between matches.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset; this does not include extending time limit between games

* Set Procedure: Each player will choose their character, double blind pick is available by request. Players will then strike from the starter stage list given, and play on the agreed upon stage. For each subsequent game, the winner will announce their stage ban(s), the loser of the previous game will choose the stage, the winner will chose their character, then the loser will chose their character.

Smash 4

*2 Stock, 6 Minute games

*Custom Moves are turned on; equipment is not allowed

* Starter Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Lylat, Town and City

*Striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner, first strike is determined by RPS

*Counterpick Stages: Castle Seige, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Delfino Plaza

* Each Player gets two stage bans

* Modified Daves Stupid Rule: A player cannot go back to the stage he last won on in the set

Melee

*4 Stock, 8 Minute games

* Starter Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64

*Striking will be performed in a 1-2-1 manner, first strike is determined by RPS

*Counterpick Stages: Pokemon Stadium

* Each Player gets one stage ban in a 2/3 set, no bans in a 3/5 set

* Modified Daves Stupid Rule: A player cannot go back to the stage he last won on in the set

Project M

*4 Stock, 8 Minute games

* Starter Stages: Green Hill Zone, Battlefield, Distant Planet, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2

*Counterpick Stages: Final Desination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Island Brawl, Warioware, Skyworld

* Each Player gets two stage bans

* Dave's Stupid Rule: A player cannot go back to any stage he has won on previously in the set

Note: All rulesets are not final, and will be confirmed at least one week prior to the event.

Contact
If you have any questions, call or text me at 214-914-2134, or post in the thread. This event is gonna be huge, and I hope to see all of you out here!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Distant planet is better than DL64 lol

don't really know how I feel about norfair though? It could go either way.

Oracle

Smash Master
Norfair could get cut, probably not dp. Ppl dont realize that dp is actually smaller than ps2, just with larger blastzones and different platforms.

D

Deleted member

I'll admit, the sides on DP are a big questionable, but its actual size and platform layout relative to other stages is fine.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Consider me interested. The logistics might actually work out for me this time - I'll be in Norman as opposed to Overland Park, and I'd only be paying $20 total for the actual events I want to enter.

Also I think DP is fine. Making it a starter over Dreamland is...interesting, to say the least, but I don't mind.

D

Deleted member

Dreamland is actually kind of ridiculous. The only reason we have it is because melee.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I'll admit, the sides on DP are a big questionable, but its actual size and platform layout relative to other stages is fine.
Yeah, my only beef with dp is how far down the leaves droop. I like it pretty well, otherwise.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
who wants to ganon ditto mm? 2/3, tourney rules, 1$.

we can go higher than 1$ if you can talk me into a good match (and maybe change set size if it's a large enough amount).

Oracle

Smash Master
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
1. SETUP DISCOUNTS: Bringing a full PM or Melee setup (TV plus console) will net you $5 off your venue fee, assuming we use it. Bringing a full Smash for Wii U Setup (Monitor+Wii U), you will get your FULL venue fee paid for. If you bring a Wii U but with just a CRT, you will still get $5 off.
2. If you want to qualify for ANY of these setup discounts, you must use the setup sign in form here: https://docs.google.com/…/1vBR-AUod_AuCB-cmnwQZq5…/viewform…. Simply fill out the form with what you're able to bring and you're done!
3. Aftershock Bonuses! For each game, the highest placing player will get free venue fee to Aftershock on March 28th and 29th! This allows you to skip preregistration and avoid having to pay extra to get into the tournament! In addition, each out of city player who places in the top 6 of each game will receive free venue to Aftershock as well! (Note: If the winner of a tournament is already qualified by being in the top 8 of the aftershock rankings, the bonus will go down to the next highest placer who is not already qualified)
4. Smash 4 Rules: In light of EVO confirming that custom moves will be allowed, we will be using Custom moves! THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR ANYONE BRINGING A SMASH 4 SETUP: in order to qualify for the venue fee discount, your setup must have all of the custom move sets in the standard custom move project on your wii u before the tournament starts! Smash 4 doubles start at noon, so you will need your full setup in the venue and set up before 11 so we will have time to put everything on your wii u. Alternatively, if you have a 3ds with everything unlocked, you can put the sets on your wii u yourself (reference here for the sets: http://smashboards.com/…/official-standard-custom-moveset-…/). Your other option is to bring your Wii U by FX before Shockwave, either this friday or next friday, and we can put them on there.
5. Get Hype! As always, if you have any questions, simply message me and we'll sort it out. Hope to see you all there!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm curious why PM has modified DSR. We have enough stages legal that you can restrict all stages a person prior won on, not just the latest stage they won or CP + won on.

Oracle

Smash Master
Don't forget, Fight me IRL is this weekend! Doubles and singles for all 3 games, and the winners of each event get free venue fee to aftershock! But to make this successful, WE NEED MORE SETUPS! PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM IF YOU'RE PLANNING ON BRINGING A SETUP FOR ANY OF THE GAMES https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vBR-AUod_AuCB-cmnwQZq5MJZ4OR1AuhJvhXqjr4ZOI/viewform?usp=send_form you'll get half price venue fee if its a melee/pm setup, and full venue fee off if its a smash 4 setup! We have a good number of pm setups, we mostly need melee and smash 4 at this poin (but still bring more PM setups if you can)

Oracle

Smash Master
Don't forget: Fight Me IRL is on Saturday! Show up for top tier competition, cash prizes, and the chance at free Aftershock venue! A few last minute announcements:

1. We need more smash 4 setups! If you can provide a full setup (TV, wii u, gamecube adapter, and smash 4), then you will get entirely free venue! But to get the discount, you must use this form! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vBR-AUod_AuCB-cmnwQZq5MJZ4OR1AuhJvhXqjr4ZOI/viewform?usp=send_form Also, setups will be handled on a first come, first serve basis. If we don't need a setup by the time you arrive, then you won't be able to receive a discount, so show up early!

2. IMPORTANT SCHEDULE CHANGE: ALL REGISTRATION WILL END AT 1:00 PM. If you are not in the venue and registered by then, you WILL NOT BE ENTERED IN THE TOURNAMENT. Due to the large projected turnout, I will be strict about this, so you it is imperative that you be on time! Doubles registration will end 15 minutes before each event starts, so be aware of that as well.

3. Bring your A game! We're looking at competition from all over texas in all 3 games! Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and West Texas are all sending their killers, so be ready!

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1537581126523698/

Top Bottom