• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 14 - This is Snake, I'm done here

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I can call myself an experienced MYMer, but you will find Jinbe on the first page of this very thread if that interests you.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I don't know if I can call myself an experienced MYMer, but you will find Jinbe on the first page of this very thread if that interests you.
K, bro. Imma check it out:
btw, you should repost your Ares so that it won't go unseen, since you posted him in the very end of the previous page.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Reposting sets is generally frowned up. There's not an explicit rule against it, but I doubt people who frequently bother commenting are going to skip a set just because it's at the bottom of the page.

Ares
I did enjoy this set's approach to stage control in the use of Ares' various animated weapons, usable as both basic projectiles and some surprisingly versatile traps. In the sword's case, he can even switch up his moveset to one oriented around longer range in the middle of combat, which plays well into the invisibility(which admittedly came out of nowhere, usually that sort of thing is introduced in the specials for how big an impact it has on the playstyle). You improved some bits nicely from the preview as well, such as providing us with a vastly more versatile version of the FSmash and a new repurposed Up Smash that goes well with his new ways to utilize his daggers.

Now if I had to make some complaints, I suppose that while his tools for controlling the stage are pretty unique in their basic functions and the Up Special teleport for them is fine, I feel the set later on just starts treating what is a lot more mobile and interesting than a generic trap as just that, with the standard "bash the foe against the trap" inputs in the aerials, which are admittedly a bit more functional when you can move it around as much as you do in the set, but feel a little disappointing after the first few parts of the set were a fair bit more interesting. I generally get the impression that barring the Side Throw(and to be totally honest, usually we distinguish between Forward and Back Throws, and I believe Brawl does too at the very least with damage percents and knockback), the later 2 input sections of the set were a bit rushed or at the very least feel that way. It's not a big problem though, it's a lot of fun during the earlier parts of the set and a solid agressive take on stage control, but I feel if had focused a bit more on making the later parts of the set interesting it might've gone much further.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
Now if I had to make some complaints, I suppose that while his tools for controlling the stage are pretty unique in their basic functions and the Up Special teleport for them is fine, I feel the set later on just starts treating what is a lot more mobile and interesting than a generic trap as just that, with the standard "bash the foe against the trap" inputs in the aerials, which are admittedly a bit more functional when you can move it around as much as you do in the set, but feel a little disappointing after the first few parts of the set were a fair bit more interesting. I generally get the impression that barring the Side Throw(and to be totally honest, usually we distinguish between Forward and Back Throws, and I believe Brawl does too at the very least with damage percents and knockback), the later 2 input sections of the set were a bit rushed or at the very least feel that way. It's not a big problem though, it's a lot of fun during the earlier parts of the set and a solid agressive take on stage control, but I feel if had focused a bit more on making the later parts of the set interesting it might've gone much further.
You think the last two sections were rushed? Well, they actually were a little. I admit that Dthrow came out of godd*mn nowhere and the aerials were put in just because a character without aerials is almost unplayable. I tried to make them as useful as I could but they certainly are bland and filler-ish. However, you can see that while the aerials and the grabs doesn't use the traps in a particularily flashy and original fashion, the rest of the set treats them with all the due respect (If I can say so). For the side grab, well, if Ares couldn't walk backward, wouldn't it be awfully awkward?

I will always agree with the fact that the last two sections (Barring the FS) are awfully disappointing when compared to the first part. That's a weakness I am totally aware of, sadly.

K, bro. Imma check it out:
btw, you should repost your Ares so that it won't go unseen, since you posted him in the very end of the previous page.
Unless nobody reads Ares (And given the amount of teasing and previews I've done, that would be completely crazy), I won't repost him.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You think the last two sections were rushed? Well, they actually were a little. I admit that Dthrow came out of godd*mn nowhere and the aerials were put in just because a character without aerials is almost unplayable. I tried to make them as useful as I could but they certainly are bland and filler-ish. However, you can see that while the aerials and the grabs doesn't use the traps in a particularily flashy and original fashion, the rest of the set treats them with all the due respect (If I can say so). For the side grab, well, if Ares couldn't walk backward, wouldn't it be awfully awkward?

I will always agree with the fact that the last two sections (Barring the FS) are awfully disappointing when compared to the first part. That's a weakness I am totally aware of, sadly.

Unless nobody reads Ares (And given the amount of teasing and previews I've done, that would be completely crazy), I won't repost him.
If that's the case ;)

n88

Smash Lord
@Experienced MYM'ers: Can you link your very first moveset(s), plox?

Any particular reason you're looking at people's first sets? I can tell you that most people's will be less than awesome; most people start off pretty low on the moveset-quality-ladder and work their way up as they get a better understanding of what they're doing and their style evolves. Anyway, I may as well be helpful. Here's an article MW wrote detailing what he considered the best newcomer sets ever at the time, which was over three years ago. Here is my first set. Less than awesome.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Author's Note: I whipped this one up in dedication to the staff who were working on Disney Rumble here at Smashboards. It's not as fancy as my last ones, but it's got a lot of cool ideas I added to make it special. I also decided that I needed at least 5 entries in the competition before it ended, so I'm gonig to try and whip out some more later. Here it is!
Dipper and Mabel Pines
Description: Gravity Falls is a strange place. So when your parents send you to live in a tourist trap with your cheapskate great-uncle in Gravity Falls for the summer, things can get weird. Like fairies-outside-your-window, gnomes-taking-baths-in-squirrels and horror-game weird. This is the story of Dipper and Mabel Pines, two twins who had this happen to them. Dipper is the boy wearing the Pine Tree hat. He’s a high-strung yet surprisingly mature pre-teen who loves nothing more than to dive into mysteries. Mabel is the girl in the fashionable shooting star sweater. She loves her pet pig Waddles, boys, her grappling hook, boys, making new sweaters, boys, did I mention boys? They’ve yet to unlock all the secrets with the Book Dipper found in the tree, but it won’t stop them. On their adventures they’ve found many interesting items which they use to fight, such as the previously stated Grappling Hook, a President’s Key, the 3rd Book of Gravity Falls, their pet pig Waddles and an array of creatures they can summon by using said book. How did they get into the Smash Bros. tournament? How do they use the book to summon their enemies to fight for them? Where do they keep the pig? All is a mystery, much like their summer home. Let’s delve deeper into their moves.
(NOTE: FOR MANY MOVES, THERE ARE REFERENCES TO THE SHOW AND IT’S CHARACTERS. FOR MORE INFO, PLEASE WATCH SEASON 1 OR READ THE ARTICLES OF THE GRAVITY FALLS WIKI)
STATS:
Weight: 4/10. They’re just kids, so they’re not going to be hard to launch.
Size: 4/10. Again, they’re only kids, it’s not like they’re going to tower over gorillas or robots.
Ground Speed: 7/10. They are very fast. Did I mention Dipper trained with the manliest creatures to roam the world, the Manotaurs?
Air Speed: 7/10. These guys know how to move in the air, they’ve fought a psychic while plummeting down a cliff, ghosts who constantly changed the gravity of a convenience store and even jumping off a crazy gorge.
Fall Speed: 7/10. They fall fast too. It’s not much to explain.
Special Attacks:
Neutral Special: Book 3. Dipper pulls out his Book from his vest and opens it. Just as he opens it, a random creature leaps out from behind him and begins to attack through it. You can only have 2 creatures on stage at a time. Think of it as a kind of Assist Trophy creator, except less powerful.
  • Gnomes: 3 gnomes come out, known as Jeff, Shmebulock and Steve, and they charge at an opponent, or just walk around the stage. They will latch onto an opponent, like Olimar’s Pikmin, dealing 4% for each bite. They fall off easily though, and one hit sends them onto their knees barfing rainbows on the field.
  • Gobblewonker: The Gobblewonker is a motionless attack, as the sea monster spawns behind Dipper and bites in front of them, taking Dipper’s hat as well. The bite deals 7%.
  • Manotaurs: A Manotaur will pop out and immediately start hitting opponents with a log, dealing 5% each hit.
  • Dipper Clones: Tyrone and another Dipper clone come out and just stand there and punch anyone who comes near them, with 6% damage. They can be removed with a water attack easier than any other way.
  • Pterodactyl: A dinosaur leaps out and flies above and can slice opponents with it’s talons for 3%.
  • Mermando: He leaps out and slaps opponents with his tail. It deals 4% damage for each slap.
  • Ma & Pa the Ghosts: They pop out and just float around the stage, being harmless unless somebody taunts, where they immediately come at them, dealing 15%.
  • Wax figures: A glob of wax comes out and it reforms into a character in the fight, gaining their standards and aerials. They do as much damage as their doppelganger, but die easily to one fire attack.
  • Rumble McSkirmish: He comes out and basically performs “Fireballs” (Hadoukens), a spin attack (like Ryu’s “Pound Cake”), Uppercut (Shoryuken) and also and multi-hand jab like Kirby’s. Each hit deals 2%.
  • Gremoblin: He comes out and looks at opponents to paralyze them. That’s all he does.
  • Summerween Trickster: He comes out and drops some “food.” If anyone consumes the bad “candy”, they’ll gain 12% damage.
  • Bill Cipher: The most powerful one. A 1/50 chance of happening. He’ll appear and insta-KO anybody in the radius, as well as slow time down.
Side Special: Waddles. Mabel drops the little pig, and he runs around the stage. He’ll deal 13% to anyone who gets in his way, but will always return to Mabel when she performs the move again to whistle for Waddles.
Up Special: Grappling Hook. Mabel pulls out her Grappling Hook and points it upwards, only for it to go in an arc and hit to whatever side Dipper isn’t facing. Being hit by the Grappling Hook deals 5% damage, and it’s used as a recovery move more often than an actual attack.
Down Special: Hamster Ball. Mabel pulls Dipper inside of a newly-spawned Hamster Ball and they now are able to roll around like Sonic, Yoshi and Jigglypuff. Each hit deals 8% damage.
Standards:
Jab: Dipper punches forward, then Mabel, and then both of them. Each hit deals 2%.
F-Tilt: Dipper slices in front of him with a blade. Deals 4%.
U-Tilt: They get on each other’s shoulders and jump as Mabel spins. Deals 7%.
D-Tilt: Mabel swings Dipper around as he screams, dealing 5%.
Dash Attack: Dipper pulls out a spear and lunges forward with it. Deals 6%.
Smashes:
F-Smash: Grow-Shrink Flashlight. They pull out their flashlight and point it in front of them, shrinking anybody who hits the beam. If held long enough they point it towards themselves and grow big enough to fight longer.
U-Smash: Dipper rolls out a Electron Carpet that, if an opponent steps on it, and Dipper/Mabel does too, it changes their specials for about 10 seconds.
D-Smash: Dipper and Mabel pull out their time travel measuring tape and travel into the future, and come back. This uses their Book attack and can cause a serious KO if timed right, they can have their time-travel variant and your controllable variant attacking at the same time, causing extra power.
Aerials:
N-Air: Mabel’s sleeves loosen as she spins and Dipper holds onto her legs, dealing 5%. This can give them unlimited boosts in air, making up for their poor recovery move.
F-Air: Mabel holds out Gideon’s Amulet and she is now able to levitate as she spins Dipper in front of her, dealing 6%. Yet another recovery move as she can move in her floating state.
U-Air: They throw a Jack-O-Melon above them and it deals 3%.
D-Air: Dipper pulls out his spear again and performs a meteor smash, with Mabel clinging onto his back, dealing 4%.
B-Air: Dipper points out a key which opens a portal in mid-air. This spawns them onto the ground. If the key touches you, it deals 2%.
Grab Game:
Grab: Mabel uses her Grappling Hook to grab opponents.
Pummel: Dipper uses his Book to pummel onto the trapped opponent. Each hit deals 2%.
F-Throw: Mabel pulls out a leaf-blower and smacks the opponent as they are pushed away with high knockback. Deals 9%.
U-Throw: Dipper picks up his Nyarf gun and shoots the opponent as they blast upwards. Deals 5%.
D-Throw: Mabel and Waddles start dancing on top of the opponent while Dipper writes something down on a clipboard. Eventually Mabel and Waddles jump off as Dipper throws his clipboard at the opponent.
B-Throw: The twins do a “leapfrog” attack as one slams the opponent onto the floor, the other picks up from the other side and does it in the other direction, and it continues until the opponent can break free. Deals 3% each hit to the ground.
MISC.
Final Smash: Creatures. Dipper and Mabel open the book up once again to reveal two new creatures: the Multi-Bear and Aoshima. Mabel and Waddles ride atop Aoshima as he spits rainbows that deal 20% each hit, while Dipper rides the Multi-Bear while pumping “Disco Girl” music on a boombox with his blade extended, dealing 15% per hit. They go across the screen three times, and then they disappear in a puff of smoke.
Fighting Stance: Dipper’s stance is similar to Ryu’s from Street Fighter, and Mabel sort of derps around and flips her hair.
Idle Animations: Dipper pulls out the book and looks at it, and Mabel hugs Waddles. The only other one is they both high-five.
Rolling Animation: Dipper performs a roll similar to that of Link during the final boss of OoT, and Mabel rolls as if she was rolling down a hill.
Air Dodge: They both grasp each other as if they were frightened.
Winning Animations:
  • They perform the Awkward Sibling Hug.
  • They drive in using the Mystery Shack Cart and Mabel pulls out Waddles.
  • Dipper reads the book and shows a page (written by him) featuring the Smash logo and the faces of Mario, Link, Mega Man, Pikachu and Bowser.
Taunts:
  • U-Taunt: Mabel pulls out Waddles and jiggles him as Dipper reads his book.
  • F-Taunt: Dipper pulls out an ice bag, but accidentally drops it, and Mabel does her “irresistible” dance.
  • B-Taunt: Dipper fixes his hat and pulls out a gnome, and Mabel uses her leaf blower as kissing practice, but instead gets it stuck to her mouth and she runs around uncontrollably.
  • D-Taunt: Mabel puts on a new sweater (an electrical light-up one from the intro) and shows it off, then takes it off, while Dipper takes pictures of the area around him, but is caught off guard by the lights on Mabel’s sweater.
Victory Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6usKhzL8uI starting at 0:28.
Kirby Hat: Kirby splits into two mini-Kirbys (from Mass Attack). One wears Dipper’s hat and the other wears Mabel’s hair. They can use the Book.
Series Logo: Bill Cipher, a.k.a. Mr. Pyramid.
Other Notes: I'd like some feedback, but take your time if you need to. Also, I truly do recommend this show to anyone who enjoys Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. , National Treasure, Twin Peaks or just cartoons in general. As for me, I'm going to continue work on some other things (working with some fellow Smashers on RPGs, fighting games and of course that silly Nintendog moveset) but I'll try to work on this more often too.

Junahu

Smash Ace
@Experienced MYM'ers: Can you link your very first moveset(s), plox?
For just such an occasion, I use my signature to link to a post that then links to all of my movesets.

Donna Levman was my first moveset, way back during MYM3.0. I'm still immensely proud of the concepts that drive the set, which probably makes me unique in that I still like my first moveset.

You've been asking a few questions, so I'm getting the sensation that you're trying to feel around for a way to progress your work. Please be aware that while we do have more experience with this, that does not neccessarily make our work a goal you should aim for. Really, just try to make movesets that you yourself can be proud of, for characters that you love. You'll get better as you practice, like pretty much everything in life.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Ares

Ares was a set I rather enjoyed reading on the Whiteboard, even though I never got around to giving it feedback. One auxiliary thing I enjoy in particular is that the set is short (impressive for a moveset with move variations) and easy to read, with simple yet colorful language that help the character come off as pretty vivid. Playstyle-wise, Ares is a simple heavyweight brute, but his teleporting and invisibility, along with his wide range of projectile options, put a mobile twist on the character while avoiding the "combo heavyweight" problem a lot of "differentiated" heavies have. You even mention that Ares should feel free to retreat in battle, which is great as it avoids the typical "rush-down, in your face" style of other characters like him. I also like that his Uair doesn't knock foes upward, and you pointed out that scoring a kill off of Uthrow can be difficult, which constructs a clear method for Ares to approach kills, differentiating him from someone like Ike, who kills rather easily off the top. Ares has his clear weaknesses: he's still slow and big, and his attacks aren't extraordinarily fast. He actually reminds me a bit of Mami, due to the floating projectiles which he can activate at any time or range. His floating/static projectiles are technically more varied in application than Mami's, though to be fair, I don't think this set works off of its set-ups quite as fluidly.

Moves I particularly like are Nair and its interaction with the knives, the Fair which functions as a spike whether you have the sword or not (though the lack of any real reason to use the unarmed version is a bit disappointing), and the creative triad of projectile specials. The way the Fthrow interacts with a wall of daggers is creative and cool; to that end, I'm a little disappointed his other throws don't interact with projectile set-ups nearly as directly.

There were some parts that were left a bit vague or unclear, however. Does the sword function as a held item? Can Ares pick up another item while holding the sword? Can he grab while holding it? The Forward Throw suggests that the answer is "no", but it's still a little vague.

Overall, a solid moveset. Could be a bit more detailed in places, and could be a bit more crafty with its unique traits, but you know what? It's simple while still being a fun-sounding character to play as, and without becoming trite. A thumbs-up from me.

TheKalmarKing

Smash Apprentice
There were some parts that were left a bit vague or unclear, however. Does the sword function as a held item? Can Ares pick up another item while holding the sword? Can he grab while holding it? The Forward Throw suggests that the answer is "no", but it's still a little vague.
The sword indeed works as a held item. When Ares want ot pick up another item, ne needs to plant his sword: notice I said "plant", because nobody can grab the sword when it's in that state. It's entirely different from being a dropped item, in that regard. Now Ares can grab the opponent while he got his sword; as you can notice, none of the throws require him to have two free hand. You simply lose the possible interaction on the side throw.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I was gonna post a set, but for some reason SWF is messing it up.​
I end up posting a doussin of these:

I guess I'll have to post it without "collapse"'s then :/

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

"I am no friend of yours. I am Rain, prince of Edenia."
Listen to this while reading:

F a c t s

In the games
Rain is a playable character in the Mortal Kombat Fighting Game Series. He made his debut in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, 1995.
Being the half-god he is, Rain wields immense power. He can control two things that involve weather: water and lightning. His powers being related to such, he is able to pressurize jet streams of water to either propel himself or attack opponents. He is most noted for his ability to trap opponents in a spherical prison of water that gives him limited control over their body. In addition, he is able to conjure up lightning blasts from the sky to blast his opponents into the air. He also possesses the ability to liquefy himself, turning himself into water and reconstituting behind them in a swift manner akin to teleporting. Through mysterious means, he enchants the strength in his legs, distorting space to strike them so hard that they would reappear opposite to his direction.

In Smash
Rain fights using Ninja Arts as well as water and lightning-based moves, and he likes Stage Control just as much as he likes controlling his opponent with the help of his B-moves. Despite his muscular body, he doesn't weigh that much due to his lightning-element, but what the electricity takes away in weight, it gives back in speed and agility.

Moveset Complexity: Simple
Size: Between C.Falcon & Ganon.
Weight: A bit above average.
Walk Speed: Sheik
Dash Speed: Squirtle
Traction: Good
Full Jump: A bit above average.
Short Hop: A bit below average.
2'nd Jump: Average
Air Speed: Average
Air Control: Average
Fall Speed: Pretty fast.
Wall Jump: Yes

M o v e s e t

Specials

B: Water Sphere
Rain projects a light-blue Water Sphere the size of a Soccer Ball at his opponent, up to the range of 1/2 of BF, which shatters as it hits. A successful hit does 6% damage, locks Rain into a stationary Control Mode which allows him to move his opponent's body in any direction at the speed of Samus' homing missiles for 2 seconds, by moving his hands - however, when moving the foe away from you, the Travel Speed is a bit slower.
While beeing controlled, the opponent is in stun and has a watery-looking effect to him, but will regain control as soon as the effect wores off.
Start-up is about the same as Falco's grounded laser, but the sphere moves at Falcon Kick-speed, and the cooldown is about the same as Dedede's Waddle Dee-toss.
If the opponent is close enough when the effect wores off, a skilled Rain can almost garantuee a follow-up, or read/mindgame him, and if Rain is hit while controlling an opponent, he'll lose control of the opponent immediately.

>B: Lightning Bolt
Rain raises his arm and summons a dark-grey thundercloud the size of a crouching Dedede infront of him, at the height of ZSS' Up+B. It moves forward at a slightly slower rate than Luigi's Fireballs and quickly unloads a blue Lightning Bolt straight down when you release B.
At a very slow rate, you can steer the cloud up and down to a very small extent but it does no harm on its own.
The cloud grows bigger and the bolt grows stronger the longer you let it travel, but it'll automaticly unload at max range, which is 1/2 of FD.
With a Smash Input the cloud moves at a slightly faster rate than Luigi's Fire Balls, and its max range is 2/3 of FD.
It does 8 - 14% damage before Max Range depending on the distance traveled, and if you manage to hit it at max range, which is hard, you'll dish out 23%!
Start-up is around the same as Samus' missiles, and Rain keeps standing there, posing, with is arm raised until the cloud unloads.
When hit, ppl fly straight up with low/med to med knockback denpending on how far the cloud has traveled, and at absolute max range they are hit with very high knockback, killing at round 70%. If Rain is hit during the move, the cloud will travel to its max range and unload, which allows for fun 2on2-usage.

vB: Super Roundhouse
Rain roundhouses his opponent with such force that even the Home-run Bat would drop its jaw.
It does 10% damage, and while the range is average at best, the start-up is pretty fast and the cooldown moderate, and it sends ppl into the horizontal Blast Zones at 0%.
Broken? No, because the opponent will reappear in the opposite direction (still in Launch Animation) with a semi-set knockback.
At 0% the foe will almost reach Rain (A bit outside of ZSS' side+b Range), and at around 200% the foe goes so far past Rain that he might get KO'd in the Blast Zone that he was initially kicked into.
The Lauch Procedure doesn't take up as much time as you might think - think of it as if Ganon Ftilt'ed someone at a very high % towards you from afar.
Combos are possible at higher %'s and a skilled Rain can even link Roundhouse Kicks together, but be aware, the opponent can DI it.

^B: Geyser Kick
Rain goes into a handstand position and propels himself into the air using a geyser, kicking anyone who is near for 10% with medium knockback up and away, killing at around 155%, and anyone further away for 7% with low/med knockback.
The default angle is 55', but you can also go 45' or 65' if you tilt the Control Stick.
Moderate start-up and range for an up+b, ending in a helpless state.
It's an effective OoS-move.

Standard A-moves

Jab: Gut Punch
By rapidly pressing A, Rain rains a flurry of quick, alternating lefts and rights to the opponent's gut, almost as fast as Pikachu's Jab.
Each punch does 2% damage, the range is about the same as Ike's first Jab, and when you stop, the cooldown is similar to Pikachu's Jab.
It's Rain's fastest attack - If you're lucky you'll be able to land around 3 before the opponent takes action.
Also, there's a Sweet Spot at the very tip of the attack that knocks ppl away with low knockback.

Utilt: Spark Shot
Rain turns his back to the screen, raises one arm over his head and shoots a thin, weak, blue Thunder Bolt straight up to the range of Marth's Usmash.
Both the start-up and cooldown are pretty fast, but it does only 4% damage, sending ppl straight up with low knockback, and kills at around 240%
A good Juggling Move with great range, however, it can not hit people on the side of him.

Dtilt: Sweep
The classic generic sweep which all human characters can pull off in the classic games.
It's a fairly quick move with cooldown similar to Snake's Dtilt, and when you hit standing opponents at around 70%+ they trip, allowing Rain to Tech Chase.
When hitting ppl before they reach the 70'ish, they are simply sent up and away with low knockback.
The range is about the same as Wolf's Dtilt, and it does 5% damage.

Ftilt: Middle Kick
Rain turns to the screen and kicks straight forward, hitting his foe in the gut, with his toes also pointing at the screen.
Start-up and cooldown are both pretty fast, and the range is about the same as Samus' Ftilt.
It does 7% damage, and sends the opponent away but also slighty up with low/med knockback, and kills at around 180%.
A good move if you quickly want to create some space between you and your opponent, or simply poke him.

Dash Attack: Water Blades
Rain pressurizes Water Molecules to summon a blade in each hand which are then used in a Cross Chop-motion infront of him.
While the start-up is fast the cooldown is moderate, and the range is about the same as Link's Dash Attack.
It does 8% damage and sends ppl straight up with medium knockback, killing at around 160%.
A nice tool to start strings with, or to simply punish.

Smashes

Usmash: Dual Thunderclouds
Rain turns to the screen, stretches out his arms, and summons a dark-grey thundercloud the size Kirby in each hand, and then he unloads them towards one onother creating a powerful clap above his head.
The range is about the same as Zelda's Usmash, but it doesn't last very long.
Neither the start-up or cooldown are great, but it does 18% damage, and sends ppl straight up, killing at around 100%.

Fsmash: Stream Saber
Rain pressurizes Water Molecules to summon a saber only to slash his foe diagonally.
With range similar to Marth's Ftilt and start-up almost as fast as Samus' Fsmash, this attack can be quite surprising - however, the damage and knockback aren't amazing by any means.
It does 12% damage, kills at around 145%, and has cooldown similar to Marth's Fsmash.

Dsmash: Sprinkler
Rain spins around 1080' while sprinkling High Pressure Water all around himself, hitting ppl multiple times.
Each hit does 2% damage, and if all connect, it does 11% with the last hit sending the for up and slightly away, killing at around 180%.
The start-up is fast, the cooldown moderate, and the range is about the same as Pikachu's Dsmash, making it a good GTFO-move.

Aerials

Nair: Electrify
Rain pulls his legs in slighty and strikes a Ninja Pose with his hands while unloading a weak electric field around him.
Start-up is fast and the cooldown is moderate, and the range is about the same as Mewtwo's Nair.
Foes are hit multiple times for a max of 10% damage, and are sent up and away by the last hit with low/med knockback, killing at around 200%.
Auto Cancels when it comes in contact with the ground.

Dair: Jet Shower
Rain broadens his legs, sticks down one arm, and shoots a fairly slim stream of water straight down, at high velocity, that has almost the range of Dedede's Ftilt.
It multihits opponents for a maximum of 8% damage, and each hit has a very weak spike-effect to it.
Both the start-up and cooldown are moderate, and the landing-lag isn't too much of a problem for Rain.
Since it temporarily lowers Rain's Fall Speed a tad, it can somewhat help him recover horizontally a bit, but not to an amazing extent.
The stream is active for almost one second.

Uair: Triple Kick
Rain turns upsidedown and kicks to the sky three times - left, right, left, about the range of Falco's Uair.
The start-up is fast but the cooldown is moderate at best, and the landing-lag is also moderate.
The first two kicks do 3% damage each, stunning the opponent, while the last kick does 6% damage and sends to opponent straight up with medium knockback, killing at around 160%.

Bair: Lightning Strike
Rain delivers a Lightning-loaded kick behind him while posing with his fists - one up, one down.
The range is about the same as Luigi's Bair, and if Sweet Spotted (although it's pretty hard) it'll send a Lightning Bolt between the sky and Rain's foot, sending the opponent straight up with very high knockback, killing at around 75% and dealing 22% damage!
Other players that are hit by the lightning suffer 12% damage and are sent up and slighty away with medium knockback.
If Sour Spotted, the kick does 6% damage and sends ppl flying away and slightly up with low/med knockback, killing at around 220%.
The start-up is pretty fast but the cooldown is a little on the slow side, and the landing-lag is moderate.

Fair: Colliding Waters
Rain stretches out his arms to the sides and summons a water sphere slighty smaller than a Soccer Ball in each palm, only to crash them together, shattering them infront of him.
The start-up is mediocre, likewise the cooldown, and the landing-lag is fairly mediocre as well.
Having a range similar to Ness' Fair, it does 12% damage and sends ppl up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 140%.

Grab Game

Rain grabs ppl by the head, surrounding their head in a Water Sphere of fitting size. Ball-characters like Kirby gets their whole body surrounded in the sphere.
His standard Grab is a normal grab with normal speed and with about normal Grab Range.
When Dash Grabbing, small Water Jet Streams appear under his feet, making his Dash Grab travel just slightly further and faster than the average.

Pummel: Compress
Rain applies pressure to the sphere, making it shrink in size for a split second.
It's a slow pummel that does 3%, and unlike the clip below, Rain stands much closer to his foe when doing this.

Dthrow: Water Bed
Rain clings to his foe and jumps to the sky, taking the foe with him up to the height of ZSS' Usmash, turns upside down, and drives the both into the ground with tremendous force while he himself turns into water and shatters.
It does 11% damage and sends the foe up and slighty away with low/med knockback, killing at around 220%

Uthrow: Moisture Rocket
With a wave of his hand, Rain surrounds the foe in moisuture which lifts him up above his head and spins him around, only to launch him in the air.
It is a multihit doing 9% damage, sending the foe straight up with medium knockback and kills at around 190%.

Fthrow: Hydro Push
Rain puts his palm against the foe's torso only to blast him away with a powerful Water Stream, sending him up and away with medium knockback.
It does 9% damage and kills at around 180%.

Bthrow: Elbow Thunder
Rain puts the foe behind himself and strikes him with an electrifying elbow.
It does 10% damage and sends the foe up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 175%.

Other moves

Final Smash

Final Smash: The Blob
Rain quickly summons a gigantic, light-blue Water Blob that quickly grows almost to the size of Giga Bowser, infront of him.
It floats in the air, lasts for 10 seconds and players that are caught in it are stunned and take 5% damage every second, but they cannot be damaged by other attacks, because the blob neutralizes all types of attacks - even Rain's.
Here comes the fun part: Rain can hit the blob to send in flying, taking enemies with it into the KO Zones - however, the knockback depends on the total % of damage made up by ppl inside it.
Rain is able to send it into one of the KO Zones from the center of the stage, with a powerful attack, when the stored damage inside is around 120%, and at around 80% when futher away from the center.
If he fails to KO his opponent(s) at least they've taken 50% damage.
Rain can walk through the blob without beeing affected, and players outside the blob can't knock it away.

Rolls

Forward Roll: Vapor Dash
Rain turns into vapor (or moisture if you like) and quickly sweeps forward only to reappear in solid form.
It's slighty faster than the average roll, and the distance is average.

Back Roll: Backflip
Rain executes a backflip, landing on his hands then the feet.
Normal speed and length for a Back Roll.

Dodges

Spot Dodge: Ninja Sway
Simply a Dodge.

Air Dodge: Ninja Sense
Simply an Air Dodge.

Rising Attacks

Get-up Attack (Face Up): Tickling sparks
Rain quickly sits up on one knee, streches out his arms only to unload small, weak, bursts of electricity from his fingertips.

Get-up Attack (Face Down): Handstand Kick
Rain does a handstand and kicks in both directions simultaneously.

Climb-up Attack: Surprise Kick
Rain quickly jumps up feet first, kicking anyone near.

Climb-up Attack 100%+: Elbow of the weak
Rain struggles to get up and crashes down his elbow.

P l a y s t y l e

Building damage

Rain's favourite tool for building damage is the Water Sphere.
Whenever he can (and he will), he will try to control you with it and hopefully string it together with a quick attack, or try to read you and then punish with an attack, grab, or a new sphere.
His Lightning Bolt can hit foes that are far away and/or off guard, and just like his Dash Attack, it's a good tool if you want to get in under your opponent and juggle him with Utilt or Uair or Nair.
Dsmash is best used for punishing, likewise his Fsmash if he's not saving it for a kill - it depends on the player.
His Bair pays off big time %-wise when you manage to land a Sweet Spot, and his Fair can be used either for damage-racking or be semi-saved for a kill.
The Jabs can rack up damage fast if the opponent is unaware, his sweep helps racking damage via Tech Chasing at higher %'s, and Ftilt is one of his best pokes.
Uthrow is a great set-up for juggling, and Dthrow is a good throw if you want to keep the opponent close to you.
The other throws are mainly used to get your opponent where you feel you want him.

Getting the kill

Rain produce KOs by zapping his opponents with an Usmash, or by landing a Fair near the edge/off stage.
His Fsmash can kill as well, provided you didn't use it to rack damage/punish, and with a fair amount of skill, you can get an early kill with a Sweet Spotted Bair.
While it takes both timing and luck, his Lightning Bolt can result in an early kill at absolute max range. Your best chance to land it is when your opponent is recovering and there's a gap between the two of you.
His Dair shouldn't be overused when it comes to gimping opponents with a good vertical recovery, as it more or less can help them recover.
Use it occasionally as a mix-up to hopefully mess with their recovery. Characters with a poor vertical recovery, such as DK, suffers greatly from this attack, though.
His Water Sphere can string into Killing Moves if the Rain is smart, and off stage it's a great gimping-tool if your opponent isn't aware.
The Super Roundhouse can be devastating at higher %'s, as it can combo into a powerful attack. If the foe's DI is bad, a well placed Usmash should do the trick - if not, you can attempt to Sweet Spot a Bair, which obviously takes great timing.
His Sweep can allow for a kills at high %'s via Tech Chase if you're good at reading.

M i s c e l l a n e o u s

Stance

Entrance
A thundercloud appears and starts raining only to unload Rain in the form of a Lightning Bolt.

Taunts
Up: Rain strikes his Winning Pose from the classic games.

Down: Rain summons a raincloud only to have it shower him as he washes himself under the arms.
Side: Rain hovers to the height of a Short Hopping C.Falcon, using Water Jet Streams from his feet.

Winning Theme
00:00 - 00:07

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Jinbe, the Knight of the Sea
For a first set, this is above average.
The only thing I have issues with is his Neutral B with its high knockback and 20% damage up to the range of FD, on wet ppl.
Other than that, I don't find him overly broken in any area.

I like how you were able to catch the feel of Jinbe and implement it accordingly.
I was hoping to see this attack somewhere, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKTjnG2jf0

Nice set overall, bro.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Rain
I appreciate the increase in detail and effort in the individual moves in this set, plus the addition of pictures, while at the same time you've made the organization a lot more pleasant to read than it was in Dive Man. While I'd call the individual moves still a bit on the bland side, there's very clearly more effort put into how they function with the mentions of tech chases and sweet spots and the like. The first 3 specials were also kind of cool with the projectile that is incredibly strong if it specifically hits at max range, a controllable carrying projectile in a set where the positioning actually feels warranted due to how some of his sweetspots work, and the admittedly silly kick that knocks the opponent around the opposite blast zone is one of the rare moments when just discussing follow up options catches my interest due to the absurd nature of the knockback.

It's certainly still a set that could be improved a great deal, I wish the standards interacted a bit more with the specials beyond the couple that provide some powerful follow ups on the kick/water sphere. I do think the animations with him using water to make blades in the later moves or the water sphere to grab are cool, but I sort of wish you had been willing to be a bit more creative in their effects and it makes me feel like this character had more potential than you really capitalized on. A particular thing is that you have a character with water hitbox and electric hitboxes, and yet no lingering water hitbox to conduct electricity? That's a bit disappointing, to be totally honest. The water sphere could also use some number crunching, 2 seconds is a long time in Smash Bros and nobody wants to wait that long to gain control again because they were hit by some projectile, even if Rain's not doing anything in particular while they're in stun. Maybe make the orb move faster while holding them for half as long? Still, this is a pretty nice improvement from you Zigma and I look forward to where you go from here.

As an aside, here's Hoppip, my first set. It was actually pretty well liked but it was likely only as good as it was because I lurked the thread and made sets on my computer for literal years before joining.

Mabel and Dipper
For reference I have read some of your other sets APC, and I can clearly see in your more recent ones that you are trying to be more creative. That is in some ways a good thing, MYM in general likes wackier stuff. But to be totally honest I think this set is going in the wrong direction with it, where you sacrifice all practicality by removing the Smashes as KO moves for instead some wacky effects that really need to be placed on the specials or scrapped entirely. The foe can just smack you out of using that flashlight to grow them at any point in time, and it's also a hold move, really not fitting for a smash. The Up Smash has similar problems and swapping specials with the foe is a really bizarre effect, given I can't see Mabel and Dipper using a lot of opponent's special moves. For that matter, the aerials are incredibly awkward with them throwing what I can only assume is a pumpkin for the Up Aerial and dealing such a tiny amount of damage, while having two infinite recovery measures on other moves with the Nair and Fair(at least I assume the Fair doesn't send them into helpless) and a warp to the ground on back aerial of all inputs.

The lack of KO moves on the Smashes is a real problem here because you only give two KO measures, the Neutral Special and Down Smash. The Down Smash seems to basically be a more effective version of Neutral Special since you provide no detail on lag and it summons two at once and combines their knockback for a KO. But at the same time, the minion you get is luck based, with several being useless or almost entirely useless and even amongst the good ones, looking at the damage percents I wouldn't expect them to be able to KO very well. KOing with this set really just comes down to hoping for the instant KO summon or getting two with reasonable power on Down Smash, making the sets only way of getting kills entirely luck reliant. Aside from that, my knowledge of this show isn't great but from what I know all of these are villains he's summoning, so why the heck are they helping Mabel and Dipper? It's not good for the characterization of Mabel and Dipper to be summoning them, let alone the villains they are summoning.

Lastly I wanted to point out that the set is really really lacking in detail and the writing is terribly confusing. There are plenty of interpretations for what the Up Smash actually means by "changing Specials". For all we know it could attach a half dozen zany effects you never even described to every special move in both players sets, and we'd never know, or swap around which input activates which special. Is it a trap or do they pick it back up afterwards, for that matter? Down Smash is pretty impossible to figure out too and I assume it just summons two copies of one minion at once at random, but it's extremely vague. Aside from that, there's incredibly little detail on knockback, lag, how some of these effects work, and in some cases you even forget damage percents. It gives me the impression that the set was incredibly rushed. The fact that you don't describe any of these wacky items or characters utilized in the set or give pictures and just tell us to go watch the entire first season or read the wiki to figure it out isn't really helping matters.

Despite this I don't think this was a bad set for you to make, as a lot of lessons can be taken from it. First of all, keep your moves that don't deal damage or knockback on the specials. It's perfectly fine if you have a flashier input past the specials but just at least make it usable as an attack. Second, if you're going to reference something from a source material the reader doesn't know about, give a bit more description as opposed to just assuming we know the source material. Third, give us more details in regards to how the set is balanced, as this one seems to be wildly imbalanced in many ways but we don't know enough details to really confirm. Keep those things in mind, and you're sets will improve immensely.

Whiscash
I'm pleasantly surprised by how much of our criticism you took to heart when this set was previewed, in pretty much all the questionable attacks being changed into improved versions. Some of the new versions are still not perfect, I think the move which removes substances from the field is okay because there are some moves that sets up for nicely, but there are times when you definitely would not want to remove the substances to use that attack and I feel that the only benefit being the removal of the substance is a bit questionable. Maybe you could make it so the substance is a hitbox while it's being removed? Regardless, that's just me nitpicking one change, as the set's overall playstyle is very palatable. Mess with foes using the three different types of substance Whiscash makes his home in, carefully space water and mud and muddy water to get the optimum use out of all 3, play off the foe's mildly crippled state in the substances to land earthquake.

The set rarely takes advantage of these substances in too drastic of ways, which is probably a good thing considering it makes landing earthquake more strategic, and the effects can still be interesting. I particularly like the way Surf works in the context of the rest of the moveset and being able to soak foes in muddy water at the end of the attack, and the entirety of the grab game in all the ways it plays off the substances in what comes out as one of the deeper and more reactive grab games I have seen. I sometimes feel the small nature of the effects makes the set feel a bit ineffectual, but it feels fine on a set for a somewhat dopey pokemon like Whiscash. That's not to say there isn't some straight up filler at points, and I wish that the set did a bit less repositioning and maybe tried something else in moves outside the grab game. All that aside, I'd say this is actually your strongest set so far. Good work Turtles!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A particular thing is that you have a character with water hitbox and electric hitboxes, and yet no lingering water hitbox to conduct electricity? That's a bit disappointing, to be totally honest.
I totally feel ya, bro.
I guess I didn't think of it since Rain never uses such a technique(s) in the games.

btw, did you listen to the "Listen to this" when you were reading? :colorful:

/ thx for the critique.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Thanks ForwardArrow! This wasn't one of my stronger sets, and it was a bit rushed. I'm going to re-do it the next chance I have. I think my next priority is to re-do this moveset, and then unleash another one I've been planning! MWAHAHAHAHA!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
In honour of DuckTales Remastered releasing tomorrow/today, which I am incredibly excited for, I give you...

Scrooge McDuck
The world's richest duck enters the fight! Ready to run, jump, solve a mystery and​
maybe even rewrite history, Scrooge is prepared for anything. WooHoo!​
Statistics
Weight: 3/10 Scrooge is can dish out a solid beating, but his ripe old age means he's much easier to launch.​
Height: 5/10 Stands about as tall as Mario.​
Air Speed: 8/10 Scrooge's pogo and jumping abilities excellent.​
Ground Speed: 4/10 Again with the old age thing, Scrooge isn't your top choice for a 100 meter dash anytime soon.​
Fall Speed: 5/10 Easily comparable to Olimar.​

SPECIALS
Neutral Special: Scrooge makes it rain
Scrooge McDuck throws a wad of cash above his head and bills snowflake down slowly around him. Scrooge frantically spins and throws his arms out catching every single falling bill. He sort of becomes a classic cartoon dustcloud (when cartoon characters get into a brawl with each other) but instead it's just his arms flying out catching money. Lasts for about 2 seconds and the player can't move while its going. This attack does no damage, but reflects projectiles that enter Scrooges dustcloud right back at the person who fired them, as if the projectile joined in on the cartoon brawl but got thrown out. When Scrooge is doing his thing, players who touch the dustcloud will get knocked back a little bit.
Side Special: Moneybag Dive
Scrooge throws a generic cartoon sack of money in a straight line about 2 Battlefield platforms in distance at about the speed of Samus's Super Missle. Immediately after the bag hits the ground Scrooge does a football esque dive and dives right after it, grabbing onto the bag and putting it behind his back. Seeing how Scrooge is greedy, he wouldn't just leave a money bag lying around. The bag does an initial 8% damage on impact and Scrooges dive hits for about 6%. Other players can't touch the sack of cash.
The interesting thing about this attack is that it's Scrooge's best recovery option. If Scrooge is in mid air and he manages the throw the moneybag so that it lands onto the stage, he will immediately dive at the stages ledge and grab on. The money bag flies over into him as he grabs onto the ledge. This attack is great if you want to hog the ledge very quickly and efficiently.
Down Special: Cane pogo
The classic move from the DuckTales NES game returns! Scrooge jumps up and goes straight down on his cane at about the speed of Toon Link's D Air. Once Scrooge hits the ground he will bounce upwards to whatever height he was at when he used this move. Continuously pushing the Down and B buttons as soon as the cane makes impact with the ground will allow Scrooge to move and continue bouncing around on his cane. Does about 5% every time Scrooge hits someone on the head with decent knockback. This attack is great for annoying people and escaping group fights, but its best attribute is the ability to navigate the stage in an unpredictable way.
Up Special: Huey, Dewey and Louie Chain
Uncle Scrooges three helpful nephews spring out in front of him upwards at a 45% angle, all holding hands creating a chain of ducks. This recovery works the same as Olimar's, only it is always at max length. Does 6% damage if it hits anyone.
NEUTRALS
Jab: Triple Cane Smack
Scrooge swings his cane out in front of him like a baseball bat three times. First hit 3%, second 4%, third 6%. The third hit is the only one that actually has knockback, but little KO potential. Used for face to face combat.
Forward Tilt: Huey, Dewey and Louie random attack
Scrooge points his arm forward in a commanding way. As he does so, one of his nephews will run out from behind Scrooge to in front of him at about a Battlefield platform in length flailing their arms. The nephew disappears into a cloud of smoke after they reach their Battlefield platform distance. Every time Scrooge uses this attack, it's a different nephew who appears at complete random. Huey, the red, one does 9% fire damage. Dewey, the blue one, does 8% freeze damage. Louie, the green one, does 9% shock damage. Neither of them are powerful enough to KO until around 150%.
Up Tilt: Upwards cane vault kick
Scrooge vaults himself upwards off the ground with his cane, kicking both of his feet towards the sky. Does about 10% damage and has good knockback capabilities.
Down Tilt: Fake dollar bill bomb
Scrooge places a fake dollar bill onto the ground as a trap. The bill looks just like a sticker would in Brawl, only green and has a faint red light flashing on it. Players who step on this are blown up with an explosion similar to Snake's C4. Does about 12% damage and can KO around 120%. The bill will explode on its own after around 20 seconds if untouched. Scrooge can only place one of these on the field at a time and can't trigger his own trap.
Dash attack : Old Man Scrooge can sure slide
Scrooge does a slide forward with his legs in a kung fu kick position on the ground. Does 8% damage with little knockback, but has a 30 percent chance to cause the opponent to trip.
GRAB GAME

Grab: Scrooge reaches forward with his arm not holding his cane and grabs an opponent by their collar, bully style. He pummels them by whacking them over the head with his cane at 2% each hit.

Forward throw: Scrooge hits the opponent in the gut with the butt end of his cane, dealing 6% damage with low knockback.

Back throw: Scrooge does a no look throw backwards over his head with his eyes closed. Actually Scrooge's best throw, dealing 7% damage and KOing at around 120%.

Down throw: Scrooge slams the opponent into the ground and beats their back in this his cane 3 times. Each hit does 2%. He then golfs them along the floor with his cane for an additional 3%. No knockback, as the opponent just slides along the floor forward.

Up throw: Scrooge grabs onto the enemy with he handle end of the can and swings them upwards. Does 7% with high knockback.

SMASH ATTACKS
Forward Smash: Cane Golf Swing
Scrooge swings his cane in a golfer like way in front of him, dealing around 22-28% damage with incredible knockback, easily KOing around 90-100%. Sounds perfect right? Well, unfortunately this attack has awful range. Scrooge literally has to be right next to the opponent or almost touching them for this attack to connect. An intelligent use of this attack would be to get an opponent tangled up with Huey, Dewey or Louie and then running up to them to use the Smash, or attempting to trip the opponent with Scrooge's slide attack, leaving a nice open window.
Up Smash: Giant Diamond Toss
Scrooge tosses a giant sparkling (and probably costed a fortune) 4 sided diamond a little bit over his head upwards with both arms. The diamond goes up then comes back down to Scrooge, who catches it and puts it away. When the diamond hits opponents it does around 18-22% damage sending them skyward. The diamond can be sweet spotted right at the tip of it for extra KO potential. KOs around 100% without the sweet spot. Slow to pull off.
Down Smash: Double Moneybag slam
Scrooge equips two sacks of money in each arm and slams them down into the ground, creating a mini tremor of extreme wealth around him similar to Charizard's down Smash. Has high knockback and does 19-23% damage. Opponent who are touching Scrooge when he uses this attack won't get knockback, but will be temporarily earthed into the ground (Pitfall Seed style but for a fraction of the time). This is a great way to set up an easy KO with Scrooge's forward Smash attack if you're quick enough.

AERIAL ATTACKS
Neutral Air: Scrooge does a mid air cartwheel damaging those who touch him. Does 8-10% damage with high knockback.
Forward Air: Scrooge swings his cane downward like a butcher's knife, meteor smashing anyone hit by it. Does about 6% damage.
Back Air: Scrooge does a double legged backwards kick. Very powerful with 12% damage and KO power around 120%.
Up Air: Scrooge takes off his hat and swings it upwards. Does 5% damage with little knockback, but gives Scrooge a little boost upwards every time if used in succession.
Down Air: Scrooge opens a bag of useless pennies and bumps them downwards in mid air. Sure he's rich and greedy, but nobody cares about pennies. The pennies scatter downwards randomly. Scrooge releases about 20 pennies every time he uses this attack and each penny does 1% damage.
OTHER
On Screen appearance: Dropped off into battle by Launchpad McQuack's helicopter.
Up Taunt: Twirls his cane in his hand with a chuckle.

Side Taunt: Takes out a wad of bills and counts them.

Down Taunt: Jumps up and down in joy while the "DuckTales! Woohoo!" sound bit from the theme songs plays.

FINAL SMASH
GizmoDuck Attack

He helped out Scrooge McDuck on the Moon level of the NES classic, but now he's back! GizmoDuck warps in right next to Scrooge and they do a "fight five/tag out" thing. The player now has control of GizmoDuck. He moves around fast but only has one jump. The A Button will cause a punch attack, the B Button will shoot lazers forward and any kind of Tilt B attack will fire a missile in that direction. GizmoDuck is extremely powerful, with all of his attacks dealing massive damage with possibilities to KO around 70-80%. GizmoDuck only lasts for about 10 seconds, but it can't be damaged by players when it's controlled.

PLAY STYLE
Life is like a hurricane for old Scrooge McDuck. He is able to deliver devastating damage due to his rugged and veteran past, but his old fragile body can't take much damage itself. Scrooge is one of the easiest characters to get KOs with, but in turn is a character who is easy to KO himself. Think of Bowser's power but Kirby's lightness. He's definitely a riskier character to play with, especially depending on who you're up against. You have to be greedy like Scrooge and potentially prosper greatly, but with the risk to lose it all so quickly
Scrooge does have a wide array of attacks, from powerful Smashes, tricky traps, annoying ranges and great recoveries. He's definitely ready for any kind of match. Don't take Scrooge McDuck's "glass jaw issue" for granted, he's still able to put up an excellent fight and make you wish you never messed with the richest duck on the planet.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Here comes a new... clone.

~ ~ Blood Falcon ~ ~

Compared to Captain Falcon, Blood has better Air Control, but he's not quite as fast on the ground, and his traction is a tad worse as well.
His voice is cocky rather than heroic.

Moveset

Most of Blood's moves are the same as the Captain's. Therefore I will only describe the ones that are different.

Specials

B: Bloody Punch
Blood executes a modified version of the Falcon Punch while shouting "Bloody...... Punch!"
Like the Falcon Punch it does 27ish% damage. However, the knockback is 25% weaker in exchange to heal Blood for half the damage inflicted, eating away at their very soul.
The Bloody Punch comes with a blueish Fire Hawk (plus lingering blue fire upon hit).

vB: Bloody Slide
Blood executes a modified version of the Falcon Kick while shouting "Bloody Slide!", but rather than flying foot first, he slides on both feet.
It does 4% damage, and makes the opponent trip, allowing for garantueed follow-ups when hit at about max range.
It comes with blue sparks lingering across the ground, and when used in the air, it's similar to the Captain's but with a more bland pose - weaker knockback, doing 7%.

>B: Hawk Grip
Blood executes a modified version of the Raptor Boost.
He rushes forward, grabs the opponent by the shoulder as he passes by, drags him with him like a ragdoll to the lenght of ZSS's side B, and throws him up/mostly away with low/med knockback, doing 8%.
Regardless of when you grab the opponent, Blood will travel the lenght of ZSS' side B before throwing him, but he won't travel off stage.
While it doesn't allow any garantueed follow-ups, it's great way to create an edgeguaring-situation, and since it's a grab, the opponent's shield won't protect him.
When used in the air, Blood is able to travel off stage with the opponent, however the throw in the end remains the same.
This is risky though, because if he misses he goes into freefall.
And of course the opponent will leave a trail of lingering blue flames when thrown.

^B: Hawk Lift Off
Blood executes a (guess what) modified version of the Falcon Dive.
He grabs his opponent, jumps on to his shoulders, and launches himself up to the height of Battlefield's middle-platform.
The opponent suffers 12% damage and is sent straight down with medium knockback.
When used on a grounded opponent it allows for a garantueed, aerial follow-up between 60~80ish%.
The takeoff leaves blue flames on the opponent as Blood laughs in a cocky manner.

A-moves

A: Jab, jab, elbow, Energy Thief
Blood punches, punches again, and lands an Elbow Uppercut.
It does 3, 2, 4% damage and ends with a stun similar to the Captain's Knee Jab.
If you continue to press A, Blood will unload a flurry of continuous, weird punches that look like a combination of the Captain's and Mewtwo's.
While these do only half the damage of their counterpart, they will heal Blood for half the damage inflicted, as Blood is laughing like a maniac.

Utilt: Overhead Kick

Blood pulls off an Overhead Kick which is not as feminine-looking as the one(s) in the picture.
It has moderate start-up and cooldown, and if hit in front (the beginning of the move) it will send the opponent up/slighty towards you with medium knockback, killing at round 170% and dealing 8% damage.
If it hits someone above you (end of the move) it will send him straight back in the opposite direction of Blood with medium knockback, killing at around 150% and dealing 9% damage.
It's a good String Starter and/or Semi Spiker with moderate range, and the later hit can be devastating to ppl with bad recovery.

Fair: Elbow of Despair
Blood executes a modified version of the Captain's knee, slamming his elbow down like a hammer.
If sourspotted, it works the same way as the knee, but if it's sweetspotted it sends the foe 45' down/towards Blood with the same damage and knockback as the knee.
It can be devastating to the opponent when he is trying to edgeguard/pressure you near the edges.
Unlike the knee, it's more of a "turn the tables"-move than an offensive move.

Dair: Sky Step
Similar to the Captain's Dair, Blood kicks straight down using only one leg.
It's a bit faster than its counterpart, but it is a lot weaker and does only 10%, sending the opponent straight down with low/med knockback.

Fsmash: Knee of Jealousy
Finally, here comes the knee!
Blood pulls off a Knee Attack silimar to the knee in the Captain's Jab, only a lot more flashy.
It has about the same range as the Captain's Fsmash, but it is slighty faster and slighty weaker.

Throws

Dthrow: Depart

Watch 00:33
Blood turns blue and blurry, goes inside the opponent, and comes out on top of the opponent only to jump up/slighty backwards to the height of ZSS' up B.
This throw does 5% damage and lets Blood feast on half the damage inflicted (heal) as the opponent is sent away by Blood's jump with low set knockback.

FInal Smash

Final Smash: Blood Hawk
A modified version of the Captain's Final Smash - Blood rides his Blood Hawk.
Same damage and knockback as the Blue Falcon, but the direction of the knockback is different.
It sends ppl towards Blood, slightly down.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Nintendog
by StaffofSmashing, Keybladeguy and APC99
OVERVIEW:
"Wat. Nintendog can't fight. He iz a dawg. PETA would kill Sakurai." is a statement I hear often. So, I thought about it. How could Nintendog fight while not getting hurt but still be a balanced character? I came up with the idea of making a moveset based off the owner taking hits for the dog and using toys as attacks during my time making my first few movesets in Make Your Move. Then I came across two kindred spirits: StaffofSmashing and Keybladeguy, both very new to the Smashboards scene. They were among the people who ACTUALLY liked the idea of Nintendog, and were fellow movesetters. So, back all the way on July 22nd, 2013, we started planning the moveset and adding or removing or tweaking moves. Eventually, on August 13, 2013, we finished it. So, without further ado, here it is!
STANDARDS:
Jab: Scratch-Scratch-Bite. Nintendog paws with opposing arms and then chomps forward. The damage goes 2%, 3%, 5%.
F-Tilt: Bark. Nintendog barks and a small soundwave goes out. Deals 5%.
U-Tilt: Pounce. Nintendog jumps up and then meteor smashes. Deals 9%.
D-Tilt: Talking Bird. The hand points it in front of Nintendog and it reflects any incoming projectiles. Deals half as much damage as the projectile normally would, however.
Dash Attack: Tail Swipe. Nintendog skids and turns around to "chase his tail" as the tail smacks the opponent. Deals 5%.

SMASHES:
F-Smash: Sic 'Em. The hand points forward and the dog lunges forward baring it's teeth. Deals 15%.
U-Smash: Pull Rope. The hand and dog start playing tug-of-war, but the hand accidentally sends the dog flying into the air. Deals 14% if you hit Nintendog, but 10% if you hit the Pull Rope itself.
D-Smash: Jump Rope. The hand and dog each grab an end of the jump rope and start skipping it. If caught in the jump rope, it deals 12%, but if you touch either of the two, it will deal 17%.

AERIALS:
N-Air: Bubbles. The hand swishes a bubble wand as about 5 bubbles surround Nintendog and then spread out. Each bubble deals 2%.
F-Air: Piggy Bank. The hand throws a piggy bank in an arc similar to Yoshi's Egg Throw. It deals 4% if hit in the air, and 7% if it hits the ground and shatters near an opponent.
B-Air: Toys. Nintendog drops one of his toys, whether it be a Stuffed Dog, Dumbbell Toy, Soft Cube or a bouncing Squeaky Ball. Deals 8%.
U-Air: RC Helicopter. The hand holds a RC controller as he can now aim in 8 different directions for Nintendog to fly to while riding on the RC helicopter. They only go a small distance (about the width of Bowser) but will deal 6% to anyone hit by the RC helicopter.
D-Air: Balloon. The hand blows up a balloon and throws it as Nintendog pounces on it, pops it, and effectively meteor-smashes. Deals 4% if hit by the balloon during the pop, but 9% if hit by Nintendog.

GRAB GAME:
Grab: Tethering Leash. The hand pulls out a leash and uses it as a lasso to pull in opponents, and the dog then grabs them with it's jaws.
Pummel: Paws of Steel. Nintendog paws it opponents. Deals 2% each hit.
U-Throw: Combat Copter. The hand throws the opponent onto the Combat Copter as they fly up and then the hand punches them. Deals 12%.
F-Throw: Wind-Up Toys. The hand winds up a toy and Nintendog throws the opponent onto it. Deals 6% and if the wind-up comes in contact with anything it will explode and deal 10%.
B-Throw: Backflip. The dog backflips with the opponent still in it's jaws and slams onto them, returning to it's owner. Deals 9%.
D-Throw: Tail Chase: Nintendog chases it's tail while spinning it's opponent. Deals 7%.

SPECIALS:
N-Special: Tennis Ball. The hand starts throwing tennis balls, or the dog will catch them and throw them in back of him. Each tennis ball deals 12%.
F-Special: Frisbee. The hand throws a boomerang or frisbee and the dog chases it, acting much like Fox Illusion. However, the boomerang returns to the original spot. If hit by the toy, it will deal 8%, but if hit by the dog, it will deal 11%.
U-Special: Puppy Pounce. A trampoline spawns underneath Nintendog and he jumps off of it and pounces in whatever direction you point it in. The trampoline deals 3% if it hits an opponent, but Nintendog deals 13%.
D-Special: Doggie Treat. The hand feeds Nintendog a dog treat, which has a 10 second cooldown until you use it again. 50% of the time, you'll get a brown treat that heals 3%. 30% of the time you get a yellow or green treat that heals 4%. 15% of the time you'll get a red or pink treat that heals 5%. Finally, 5% of the time, you'll get a golden dog biscuit, which will heal 10%.

MISC.
Final Smash: Robo-Dog's Stampede. Nintendog turns into the invincible Robo-Dog and summons hundreds of Nintendogs and Nintencats to attack. They stampede through the bottom of the stage as the Robo-Dog can move anywhere and attack with double the damage of any move. The stampede deals 20% per hit.

Victory Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfinVwz_Zts 0:00-0:11
Series Logo: The paw print from the Nintendogs logo.
Alternate Costumes: Nintencat
Dash: The hand holds a lure in front of the dog and it chases after it.
Idle Pose: Nintendog lowers into a playful pose, or lifts it's paw and licks it.
U-Taunt: A lightbulb spawns above it's head.
F-Taunt: Nintendog tries to lick it's nose as the hands do Master Hand poses.
D-Taunt: Nintendog dances while the hands clap.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I made a sloppy moveset for Advance Wars' Andy, and posted it in his support-thread.
It's pretty much only his B-moves, and it's not very balanced, but Imma post it here anyway to see what ppl think of my concept.

Andy - Advance Wars

Playstyle Concept:
Just like in the games, you strive to make good choices - buy, or save cash - advance, or hold ground.
What I mean by that is that Andy uses cash as part of how he fights. At a very slow rate, he earns money during the match.
Every 2 seconds, he earns $1, and when using his Up Taunt, Money Check, the current amount is displayed.
He is able to "capture" (construct) buildings that help him earn money faster, and spend them on tanks/helicopters, etc...
You start a match with $3, and when you get KO'd you lose half of your savings, but your buildings and units remain.
Opponents gets hit by the units' fire or if they bump into them, but Andy only gets hit by their fire, giving him a bit of advantage as he can move through them freely.
His units do everthing they can to not hit their beloved commander with their firearms, though.

Specials

vB: Capture
Andy starts jumping the way soliders do when they capture buildings in AW.
This move is chargable in the same way as Samus' Charge Shot. However, the charge takes a bit longer than Samus', and you must be fully charged to be able to "fire".
When "firing" the move, Andy places a square-shaped building the size of Electrode on the ground that has his palette colors.
This building has around 40 HP, and it takes damage in a similar way to the statues on Castle Siege, and it is damaged by all type of attacks that doesn't involve a wrench, making it look more and more crumbling.
If attacked by a move involving a wrench, it gains HP instead until it has its full 40 HP, looking new again. If destroyed, Andy must charge up again to capture/summon a new building.
The Main Purpose of the building is that it boosts Andy's income. He gets an additional $1 per every 2 seconds when he has a building in play.
The cool part is that you have have up to 3 buildings in play, which boosts his income greatly.

Capture also does 2% damage to anyone by the side of Andy during the jumping, hitting them with a very weak Spike Effect.
The start-up is fast but the range is very poor, so think twice before using it as an attack.

>B: Summon Ground Unit / Sell
Andy summons a Ground Unit infront of him only to have it patrol back and forth between walls/ledges.
The type of unit summoned depends on how much cash your are willing to invest, and you pay different amounts by quickly pressing 1, 2, 3 or 4 times on the B-button.
These units all have their own HP, and look more and more worn out the more damage they've suffered.
But of course Andy can repair them by hitting them with Wrench Moves.
If you press side-B when close to a unit (about the range of Popo & Nana), you can sell it to regain half of its value. However, the less HP it has, the less money you'll get back.
Opponent's can roll through these units, and only one unit in this category can be in play at any time.

Mini Tank: $3 - Press B once.
A small tank the size of a Soccer Ball starts patrolling at the speed of Samus' homing missile. It fires its cannon every 2 seconds i the enemy is infront of it, doing 4% damage, sending ppl up and away with very low knockback.
When it bumps into ppl, it does 2% damage with low knockback, sending the foe away.
The Mini Tank has 15 HP. Its pellet (projectile) moves at the speed of Falco's laser with a range about half of Final Destination.

Anti-Air Tank: $6 - Press B twice.
An Anti-Air Tank slighty bigger than his Mini Tank starts patrolling at a slightly slower speed than Samus' homing missile.
It fires its dual Anti-Air Cannon every 2 seconds, doing 6% damage and sends ppl up and away with low knockback.
When bumping into an enemy, it does 4% damage and sends the foe up and away with low/med knockback.
It has 35 HP, and its projectile moves at the speed of Falco's laser with a range about half of Final Destination.
This unit can also angle its cannon 45 degrees up, and will prioritize Air Units in a Andy Vs Andy Battle.

Medium Tank: $18 - Press B x3.
A Tank the size of Wario starts patrolling the stage at the speed of Ganon's Walk. It fires its cannon every 3 seconds, doing 10% damage and sends the opponent up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 160%.
The range of the cannon is 2/3 of Final Destination and the projectile moves at a speed similar to Ganon's Dash before disappearing.
When bumping into the opponent, it does 9% damage, sending the foe up and away with medium knockback, killing at around 170%
The Medium Tank comes with 55 HP, and it has the strongest "tackle" in its category.

Mega tank: $ 40 - Press B x4.
Here comes the Mega Tank. It is the size of Bowser and will patrol the stage at Jigglypuff's slowest Rollout-speed.
It fires its huge cannon every 4 seconds, however, the projectile is so heavy that it drops to the ground quickly, giving it about the same range as Peach's turnips.
The shot does 18% damage and sends the opponent up and away with high knockback, killing at around 80%, and its Travel Speed is slightly faster than Ganon's Dash.
Unlike the other Tanks' projectiles, this shot explodes - the radius similar to Snake's C4.
If it bumps into an opponent it does 5% damage and sends them away with low knockback, killing at around 230%.
The Mega Tank has 80 HP.

^B: Summon Air Unit / Sell
Andy summons a Transport Helicopter for recovery, or calls in an aerial unit that patrols back and forth between the east and west Blast Zones.
The type of unit summoned depends on how much cash your are willing to invest, and you pay different amounts by quickly pressing 1, 2, or 3 times on the B-button.
These units all have their own HP, and look more and more worn out the more damage they've suffered.
But again, Andy can repair them by hitting them with Wrench Moves.
Only one unit in this category can be in play at any time, and the same Sell-rules as in his side-b applies.
Opponent's can avoid beeing "tackled" by Air Units by Air Dodging.

Transport Helicopter: $1 - Press B once.
A Transport helicopter the size of a crouching Dedede quickly appears. Andy grabs on to it and goes up with it to the height of Ike's up-b beore letting go.
It moves at Yoshi's Double Jump Speed, knocks ppl away with low knockback, doing 3% damage, and you can steer it slightly left and right.
When Andy lets go, he can attack or Air Dodge like Snake.
Be warned, though! you can't use it if you've already got another Air Unit in the air.

Battle Helicopter: $5 - Press B twice.
Andy calls in a small helicopter the size of a Soccer Ball. It flies at the height of ZSS' Up-b and at the speed of Samus' homing missile, turning at the Blast Zones.
It sprays 5 pellets every 1 second towards the ground at 45 degrees when near an opponent.
Each pellet does 1% damage with a stun similar to Sheik's needles.
If it bumps into an enemy it does 1% damage and semi-spikes him with very low knockback.
The Battle Helicopter has 20 HP, and it is most effective when Andy time his attacks with its spray.

Bomber: $24 - Press B x3.
Andy calls in a Bomber the size of a crouching Dedede that Carpet Bombs the stage. It flies at the height of Lucarios Final Smash, at slightly slower speed than Samus' homing missile.
When it reaches the Blast Zone(s), it disappears only to come back after around 10 seconds.
The spread o the bombing is 4 bombs on Final Destination. Each bomb do 17% damage, has a Blast radius similar to Snake's C4, and sends ppl straight up with high knockback, killing at around 90%.
The bombs fall as fast as when Link throws a bomb straight down, and the Plane has 50 HP.
Avoiding the bombs is easy for the opponent if Andy or his ground units doesn't attack at the same time.
If it bumps into an opponent it does 14% damage, sendning him straight up, killing at around 110%.
The Bomber comes with 50 HP.

B: Wrench Throw
Andy throws a wrench forward, similar to when Toon Link shoots an arrow without charging.
It does 5% damage and sends the foe away with very low knockback.
Since it's an attack that invloves a wrench, it can help repairing buildings and units.

Final Smash: Hyper Upgrade
Andy strikes a cocky pose as he shouts "Hypeeer Upgrade!".
All buildings and units gets full HP, and their Damage, Speed, knockback, and Fire-rate is doubled for about 20 seconds.
During this time, they can't hurt Andy, and the Bomber Plane skips its 10 second turning-time.

Andy's A-Moves
I'm not gonna go in depth when it comes to his A-moves.
Let's just say that around half of his attacks involves a wrench(es).
Some of them are his Jab, Uair, and Fsmash which can be used both for attacking and repairing.

Up Taunt: Money Check
Andy pulls out a wad of cash and counts them whlle sticking his tongue in the corner of his mouth. The current amount of money pops up above his head.

Different playstyles
There are a lot of different playstyles to Andy.
  • Capture (construct) a lot of buildings and save money.
  • Save money without capturing, and focus a bit more on the opponent.
  • No focus on saving money - plain focus on the opponent and on spamming weak units.
Moveset Summary
The costs for units, amount of HP, Damage Output, Kill%, and so on isn't very well balanced, but you get my concept.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I can't decide to do as my next individual moveset... don't want to do a Robot Master, but I don't want to do a non-video game character... what to do, what to do...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Before I do my next moveset, could somebody review the Nintendog moveset me, StaffofSmashing and Keybladeguy made?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Speaking of reviews, I still havent heard back from ZIGMA on the set I asked him to review.

I mean, we can just demand them around here without doing many ourselves can't we?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Speaking of reviews, I still havent heard back from ZIGMA on the set I asked him to review.

I mean, we can just demand them around here without doing many ourselves can't we?
Keep yr shirt on, bro.
Imma share my thoughts, I promise. Can't say I'm beast at reviews, though.

edit: @JOE!
A sick moveset(s) indeed.
I like how the structure of the post(s) allow me to navigate through all combinations and stuff.
I'm not gonna go in depth, but I really like the creativity in it.

You should make a moveset for Blaziken, if you haven't already.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ok, so now we can critique your sets you keep asking with the same amount of detail? :lick:

(Not to sound mean, its just you are newer and suddenly come in wanting critique of sets while many vets are trying to catch up still, then keep asking!)

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Practice makes perfect when it comes to commenting. Although we haven't provided you with a ton of sets to comment.

Starting on a 6 in 1 might be ambitious. Here are a couple you can practice more in depth critique on:
Pinsir
Kitaniji
Vespiquen
Salvatore
King Boo

I'm not suggesting doing all 5, but just pick any number you want and try going into more depth with your thoughts on one of them.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
Nintendog
It is a fairly ambitious task to make a set for what is effectively a normal real life dog, and I hate to say it but I don't particularly like this approach. The hand is absolutely bizarre to have assisting the dog in battle, since in the game it is effectively attached to a real life person, and is supposed to represent the player. In the context of Smash Bros, a random floating hand representing the owner feels terribly out of place. The hand unfortunately fails to make the set any more interesting because you just use it to shoehorn in props, which for the most part you just throw around as projectiles or assist in melee in ways that don't really feel all that natural as animations in the case of some throws. It's not anything unplayable, but if you want to include the owner at least include him as a full sized normal human instead of a floating hand, and frankly I don't think the hand is used well given it exists solely to just provide a few random prop attacks that do not manage to make the set more interesting. I don't intend to discourage you from making this kind of character, but it'd be preferable if it was handled in a way that made more sense.

Andy
I'm not going to comment too much on the concept, but the ability to create minions through an investment of resources has, I hate to say it, been done a lot. Certainly not a bad concept, sets like Sho utilize it very well, but the fact that you literally do not provide any information on the wrench swings is very problematic. Even if the swings would just be generic, I want to at least know what he's doing, if certain ones have potential for tech chases, how he swings the wrench, it gives the impression that you care at all about the set and makes it actually possible to envision. I really just advise you don't skip out on describing inputs in the future, it's looked down upon in MYM as we want to know what each input does. The same lesson can be applied to Blood Falcon really, you could at least give us the damage/knockback/lag/range differences to make him feel like he's not incomplete.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Sure, if you want to. People do it all the time. And JOE, people read what they want to read. No one was obligated to read the large posts of your set, which included a few overwhelming mechanics and numbers.

Top Bottom