• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magical Luigi

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I didnt know where to post this, but i guess this is the best place.

I just wanted to say that Luigi amazed me, im new to Luigi, about 1 week playing him, and before that my wavedash was worse than walking, i guess the best practice for WD is playing as Luigi, not just WD lots in training mode at FD, now, after a week of luigi play, i think im at an average level with him, as im with most of the other chars i use, im finally properly using WD, not like i used to(do just a few and sometimes done wrong, and with no real usefulness).

Now when i use some of my other chars such a Falcon, Marth and Fox, i finally get to pull WDs consistently. So maybe the players new to the game, or those who say they cant do WD, i only have one thing to say, give Luigi a chance, play as him in real matches, and hopefully soon u'll master WDing.

And one more thing, since im new to Luigi i cant get to use the tornado properly, i cant gain height, i know i gotta use one in ground then i can use one to rise up, and i can do prefectly with mario, but not with luigi, so if anyone can give me advice on who to use it right i'd appreciate it very much.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I agree, I learned to WD using Luigi as well, came to me easily.

About the tornado, I asked someone at a tourney once how he did it, and he just said you have to press B at a very rapid speed, and it works on every other tornado only. He showed me and it worked, but when I tried, I could barely pull one off.

If you want some specifics...well..uhm...just look at the sticky thread about luigi's tornado >.>

What is a falcon player doing on these boards? Hey, I play Luigi too :p

coolhat

Smash Journeyman
hey tonyman, great to see u picked up luigi. Yes perfect wd's are a necessity with luigi so u get to learn them quick and that transfers over to other characters

As far as the tornado goes, here's a great tip coutersy of randall00

Do ur missle (side b) and during ur missle mash the b button as fast as u can, then once the missle is done tap down on the control stick so u start rising with the tornado. This works because ur finger will be moving really fast because u have already got it moving. Practise it like that and ull have it in 2-3 days. That's what happened to me.

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
yeap eyap right right, now talking about he tornado.
man just fot doing raising tornaod at his best, u gotta practice a lot man, because ig gotsa timing when u otta start pressng b like in mario party, and well, the fastest u press it, the highest u gonna go..

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
when u try to raise up with the tornado try not to lift your finger too high after every tap because that makes u tap slower
try to life your finger high enough so the controller can read the next tap

Top Bottom