• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Amidamaru - Slight town. Don't see much scum intent from him. Ran's questioning made me feel better about this slot. The unvote seems like he didn't scum read me and he just really wanted me to be scum due to the bet.

J - Slight town. Not seeing anything wrong with his play thus far.

Alakaslam - Null. Should lynch. Don't understand anything he says and leaving him alive will do us no good if he continues this way.

Bunzy - Scum lean. Asking me pointless questions in which I've already answered. Shows that he's not reading much and only skimming. Looks kinda like he's cherry picking a few posts and asking me stuff that I've answered previously.

murderbush - Nullscum. Don't really understand. Seems to be harping too much on Protean.

Protean - Slight town. Looks more like frustrated town trying to get his point across rather than scum. Under a lot of heat from slots like gova and murderbush

Levi - Slight Town. Seems to be putting in a lot of genuine work.

Null/unsure on the others.
why are your reads so damn weak. i get that it's early in the game but this is basically "i have my reads on a scale of 1-10 where 1 means scum and 10 means town. every single read fits between 4 and 5.5 right now."

:substitute:

JeXs

Smash Champion
He seemed genuinely townie with his work previously but as murder said he could be just setting up for a Bunzy or Protean lynch.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Cue the music girls, i'm back and I brought a dozen donuts enough for each one of us for this wonderful slumber party!~ <3 IT will help keep us awake alllll night. Oh, is there some bickering going on? Heavens no, we can't have that happening, well as the host I can settle all this bickering : D

Oh you, always so mean, I read this and choose to ignore it, for a host cannot be stood up by her guests, don't you talk to me like this again!~ <3

Protean seems to be under a lot of pressure and a good amount of people accuse him of being a big ole party pooper, meanies! After looking through all the evidence, I can't see good reason to believe he is as you girls would term it, scummy, however, I wouldn't surprised if some of us here weeeeeere so dastardly.

*Ahem* I was gonna make my whole post like this, but it's annoying so w/e. First of all, WTF @ this Protean wagon. I read everything and there's like, nothing incriminating, arguably bad play to have challenged Ami so early but that was a conscious decision and I can't see how it's most likely scummy over well, not being scummy. Protean's reasoning and explanations to the accusations of scumminess all make sense and look reasonable for a player in his position, as town, to do. So yeah, just not seeing what makes Protean scummy. I basically skimmed pages 7 and 8 cause it looked like a lot of back and forth, so if there was something super important there, that'd be good to know.

The reactions this wagon has garnered is amazing, but two players have caught my eye

@Gova, give me some thoughts on the more active players like Murderbush and Ami, I don't want to see you just sitting on Protean and harassing him.

@ Leviathan Give me a bit more to chew on, I consider you the person who started this wagon, yet in your initial push on this wagon (205) part of your reason for scum reading Protean is mud slinging (lmfao), and the other is that it's scummy that Protean thought Ami might be trying to make Jex, a noobish player, slip which I don't see being alignment telling. Then in 238 you claim Protean was trying to make Ami look bad with scum intent...which I just don't agree with based on what you presented to back this up. So deeper analysis (and maybe shorter posts) would be appreciated. I also want more interactivity out of you, tell me where else you're looking and why, how you feel about slots like J just latching onto what you say?

@J Ignoring your dislike of Protean when answering, do you still like Amidaramu's play?

If anyone wants specific reads, just ask, reading and taking notes took longer than expected so I didn't want to make it too long.
is he ****ing town for once is this the fabled town dabunz or did his scumplay level up again

**** dabunz

JeXs

Smash Champion
Not by too much. Could just be you being confident that he's scum.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I don't see how J is scum with what he is doing. As for Protean, it's mostly a gut read. Just feels more like a frustrated townie than scum.
this isn't a direct response to what you were saying here in particular, i just want to ask you to try to quote which posts you're responding to when you make some statements. sometimes it's obvious, sometimes it's not, and i have to wander around a page trying to figure out what exactly you're commenting about.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Summary of what happened thus far

> ami attacks jexs over some inaccurate meta read, when it was actually just typical jexs play
> laundry calls them out for attacking jexs over an inaccurate meta read despite **** like that being typical Zen play
> ryker attacks laundry for calling out Zen over typical Zen play, something that is actually quite typical Laundry play

**** like that won't get us anywhere. Time to look for something new, *****es

Vote Bardull

Really think we should start looking for a new direction and bardull def deserves a prod. I know we haven't been terribly active ourselves but I think we should not let inactive slots slip under the radar. Keeping things real against inactive slots worked out well for town in recent games and i'd really like to see it becoming a standard policy. Bardulls play reminds me a bit of his play in monster mafia and he flipped scum in that game too so i think he deserves the vote more than anybody else
"time to look for something new"
"hey look at that shiny inactive"

okay. so you think there's no problem in the way ami, ryker, and i are playing the game, that's fine. what is your take on leviathan through all of this? how about werekill? just because ryker was involved in my push and one of the guys who started it doesn't mean he was the only one commenting on it. it baffles my mind that you would walk in here and disregard everyone else by sweeping it under the rug of the three players you mentioned.

and furthermore why would you vote bardull who's said like ****ing nothing? why wouldn't you vote j who you made a previous, if slight, mention of distaste? where's your comments on him and how he relates to my wagon?

JeXs

Smash Champion
no, just like quote the post you're responding to if you're making a direct response to someone. it makes it easier to understand what you're talking about.

It was a response to Bunzy asking me to expand.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
@ Protean- Protean- : Opinion on Levi? Would you join us?
I had already talked to Gorf about the idea of our wagon being a scum-fueled one and if so, which of its two heads were the scummier one. He seemed to think that if either of them were, it was probably Levi. I don't know why though.

The thing I have questions about is his dabunz read as well. He's incredibly sure that dabunz is scum for reasons I don't wholly know. He states that dabunz is just "filling the thread with pointless questions" or somesuch and he's not wrong that dabunz, as scum, does that, but with his most recent post I don't see how people can think dabunz is scum right now. I even looked at his posts yesterday and came up with the conclusion that there was no real reason to call him scum.

Lemme get back to Gorf. I have an angle I wanna pursue more personally but if Gorf thinks this is our best direction, our vote will shift in support.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I expect you to have reads because there is enough content to have them. That is a lazy way to look at the game. JeXs did it. J did it. Werekill did it. Are you saying you can't? What of your other half? Do neither of you have absolutely any idea what either of you are doing at any given time?
JeXs' reads are incredibly weak. I can argue that Werekill's are only barely stronger and one of the reasons I didn't particularly like him at the time of mentioning that I did. There's no really strong reads at the moment and if there are, they're levied with the disclaimer of "early game so not very strong".

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
JeXs' reads are incredibly weak. I can argue that Werekill's are only barely stronger and one of the reasons I didn't particularly like him at the time of mentioning that I did. There's no really strong reads at the moment and if there are, they're levied with the disclaimer of "early game so not very strong".
No strong reads for you, maybe.

I was really expecting you to come in here and join the wagon on me. Despite it being a hot issue, you chose to hint at another direction and point out something in Arcane Inferno's play I think is legitimate at a time when I think you could have placed your chips on my lynch relatively scot-free. I still have reservations about your slot, but this action shows you're not just looking for the easy way out and thus gives me enough pause to switch lanes. I'm also realizing that I won't be able to rally Town against you today due to the inordinate amount of leeway the townsfolk are giving you.

This is actually part of the reason I pushed for your lynch earlier as hard as I did. I thought we had a good foundation for the game to progress on your flip which explains why I pushed as hard as I did; most wagons tend to lose steam if you give Town enough time to second guess themselves. Now, we're a few days from deadline and I'm comparing the vote count to the player list and seeing that if I do go, Town will be stuck with several slots generally considered null with some inactives. And if I don't go, it'll probably be some switch to an inactive on the grounds of, "Well, most of the active players are alright, so let's trim the fat" which while justifiable is disappointing considering the conflict between the active slots thus far.

But there's always Bunzy.

Vote: Bunzy

BarDulL

Town Vampire
admittedly did some skimming 'cause i'm REALLY busy (moving out in 1 month so i'm in the process of getting rid of a ton of my stuff and dealing with financial aid stuff and buying clothes and blah blah blah) so if i missed anything of value or didn't cover anything just ask me about it and i'll give my $.02.

1.] @#HBC | Bunzy

And more that have slipped my mind for the time being. My most recent game can be found in the mini thread. Tell me, if you are truly the host of this sleepover, then why have you not shared the scumteam with us all? Are you Rosalina or merely a fluke?
:-/

How so? Why is it good to know? How's this tie in to reads on Jex/me?
talk to me later about this =3 but it explains a lot regarding his rather...well at least to me his communication skills have been kinda bland like a very blank wall with no art on it if that makes sense XD and he didn't answer my question regarding how he felt about my slot which was also kinda unusual, but him being an esl student could potentially explain his approach this game, so it has given me an excuse to be open minded about the slot. otherwise i'd definitely be with you to hardbody him for sure.

@ BarDulL BarDulL : I see you catching up. Keep on keepin' on. I want to see your thoughts bro.[/quote]

hmmmmmm yeah we're gonne have to wait on that :<
Summary of what happened thus far

> ami attacks jexs over some inaccurate meta read, when it was actually just typical jexs play
> laundry calls them out for attacking jexs over an inaccurate meta read despite **** like that being typical Zen play
> ryker attacks laundry for calling out Zen over typical Zen play, something that is actually quite typical Laundry play

**** like that won't get us anywhere. Time to look for something new, *****es

Vote Bardull

Really think we should start looking for a new direction and bardull def deserves a prod. I know we haven't been terribly active ourselves but I think we should not let inactive slots slip under the radar. Keeping things real against inactive slots worked out well for town in recent games and i'd really like to see it becoming a standard policy. Bardulls play reminds me a bit of his play in monster mafia and he flipped scum in that game too so i think he deserves the vote more than anybody else
how does my play here remind you of my play from monster mafia (it's like the complete opposite)? also i've been inactive for like 2 days :<

bolded/underline is weird to me since you seem pretty confident regarding all the aforementioned players are playing like their 'typical selves. where is this confidence coming from, especially in regards to jex?

other stuff:

i skipped over a lot of interaction stuff like that earlier raz butt-in and ryker's subsequent attempt to salvage the presumed problem but yea that was kinda interesting but i don't like the idea of lynching them this early on (not a defense of the slot but they're useful for pushing the game forward).

leviathan was also pretty quick to try and squish protean but i'm not sold at all on scumprotean either as of yet. is leviathan a hydra or is he trying to play as some enigma who apparently knows a lot of dgames history?

jex is null and i REALLY want a read list from the slot because his interactions this game have been kinda wonky.

i don't really get gova right now, at least in this game he's coming off as kinda douchey for wanting to kill off gorf/washed for something that happened a long time ago in mafia (apparently they're annoying and that's reason enough to lynch them? watdafaq)???

alakaslam is on par with vinyl in terms of communicating his ideas effectively. i actually don't think this slot is scummy though (more like silly town trying to be some mysterious intelligent enigma) which makes me look at murderbush in an odd light for having wanted to kill the slot.

@we thuggin dude do you want to work with me this game? who we finna body?

@#HBC | J yo when are you gonna get your hands dirty? not a prod or anything (kinda) and sorry if i missed anything you posted that fits the description of you getting your hands dirty (admittedly been skimming a bit) but so far it seems you're staying in the back and giving your vote to people (amidamaru iirc?). would help for me to read you.

more from me later

BarDulL

Town Vampire
uh yeah give me a sec

as an aside i greatly apologize for the formatting/punctuation errors in my last post lel

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
No strong reads for you, maybe.
maybe, maybe not. maybe we're at a point where reads should be stronger but attacking ami, who i think is in a slow process of figuring his reads out, rather than attacking the shallow reads of slots like werekill or jexs is odd.

But there's always Bunzy.

Vote: Bunzy
except this vote doesn't make sense. why are you stuck on this slot?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
There's a wagon on Levi. Can you look at that real quick and state whether you'd join me or not?
i won't put my vote down just yet on him but i AM frowning and a bit confused at the slot's most recent decisions so i would like to see him answering some of these questions.

FoS: Leviathan

BarDulL

Town Vampire
some substance: he seemed pretty set on protean and then he quickly swapped to bunzy which makes me think he wasn't actually geing genuine with his protean push (or he has realized that he's probably not going to get his way with bunzy regardless of the way he thinks) but i think this is pretty counter intuitive for him to do

BarDulL

Town Vampire
some substance: he seemed pretty set on protean and then he quickly swapped to bunzy which makes me think he wasn't actually geing genuine with his protean push (or he has realized that he's probably not going to get his way with protean regardless of the way he thinks but i think doing this would be pretty counter intuitive if he was legit scum reading protean)
epwop

JeXs

Smash Champion
Why are you not too sure? Go into the reasoning.

You forgot to give your read/reasoning on me.
Sorry. Missed you asking for my read on you. You're a town lean. Your play hasn't changed much from previously and is consistent.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I know that. I was posting that because I wanted to give the entire context. You missed that post, and the 'me' from the quote I brought up.

Top Bottom