• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Sleepover: The Finale [ Town Wins - Pokemon Sight seeing]

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
@ Protean- Protean- : Why did you feel the need to point out my sheepiness? You were here ITT when Ami asked for my vote and you never brought a problem with it until recently. Why not bring it up when it started and if you have a problem with it, why not question it? In fact, it's weird you choose the post I am saying I am annoyed they have done nothing with my vote as a reason to point it out.
Because you didn't do **** with it. I knew what you were trying to do even if I think it's somewhat of a weird and obtuse way of reading someone but over the course of the game you did jack and **** to actually follow that read up, even if he didn't. You had a perfect opportunity to say "well I wanted to read you but you didn't do anything so I found a better use of my time" but you didn't take it. Instead you whined about them not placing their vote anywhere after poking at my slot, and then peaced out of the thread.

:substitute:

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
]You do realize people play the game differently then you, correct? I am getting mildly annoyed with you currently and would ask you to think before posting rather than flow post to me.
Until I see considerable movement from you I'm not convinced you're playing the game. I think your content is suspect, regardless of your personal belief on how d1 is played, and that you're questionable for it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have not "peaced out" of the thread and have been here posting so again, Point Invalid.

So tell me what you would have done in my situation with them asking for my vote, me saying they could have it, and them not doing anything with it? How does one gain reads from that situation regarding Ami when they literally did not vote at all during that phase? Who says I am not following up that read? Who says I got nothing out of it? Have you not seen my read on Ami?

And this:

WL said:
"well I wanted to read you but you didn't do anything so I found a better use of my time"
I did say in the thread, but I have had no scum-read so far to push or pressure.

Sorry, I don't fake my scum-reads to appease people.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I have not "peaced out" of the thread and have been here posting so again, Point Invalid.
you vanished for at least a day and a half.

So tell me what you would have done in my situation with them asking for my vote, me saying they could have it, and them not doing anything with it? How does one gain reads from that situation regarding Ami when they literally did not vote at all during that phase?
You say "**** it, you guys are wasting my time" and you vote me if you think I'm scum. I'm not responding to the rest of it because it's not even relevant to the point at hand.

And this:

I did say in the thread, but I have had no scum-read so far to push or pressure.

Sorry, I don't fake my scum-reads to appease people.
No, instead you sit in the background keeping your hands clean with a list of people you "would lynch" but don't actively feel are scum. That ain't townie play. Especially not from you.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
But if you had no "scum-read" you wanted to push or pressure, why did you make a point out of my early play and the fact you disliked it? Why even mention it at all if you didn't want to push or pressure me?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You know why I vanished for a day and a half, yourself. Think about which days those were and what I said I would be doing. *cough* Spending the night places *COUGH*

I am too annoyed at you, personally, to talk to you. I am going to focus my attention on a slot that isn't you because it's aggravating.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
vote: J

you don't get to cop out of playing the game and then through a bitchfit when someone calls you out on your play.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Protean, you're pushing against J for inactivity... Right when he's becoming active again. It makes zero freaking sense.

And if he does this every game like you've said (iirc), what makes this time special?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Protean, you're pushing against J for inactivity... Right when he's becoming active again. It makes zero freaking sense.

And if he does this every game like you've said (iirc), what makes this time special?
He's just being a tool at this point to be a tool.

@ Protean- Protean- I am not even using my playstyle as a cop-out. I have been playing and not saying anything regarding it. YOU are the one who brought up as my playstyle.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I have nothing nice to say, so I am going to take that as my cue to exit the thread and work out. I also need to think about this game more.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry

No.

I don't like his play. I have absolutely no reason to like his play. It's not his inactivity, though that amplifies his case because there's not a lot to judge him on. That's his fault for not being here but is ultimately null in the long run.

It's the fact that his reads are whack and the fact that the posts he has made are so disgustingly non-committal. He has a bunch of slots sitting at or around null that he's willing to lynch for...reasons. We're long past that point in the game and yet despite the fact that I know he's reading, he's still walking around making real reads. When he's actually looked like he's making moves, he's not actually. He walks in here and starts poking at me as if he wants to pressure me. That'd be a pretty good move, right? Except he doesn't. He ties his vote to Ami's, ******* that they won't move theirs, does nothing about my pressure whatsoever, and yet still sits on me in the "lynch pool". Despite not having a scumread. Despite not even initially having a scumread regardless of that early prodding he did (remember, he claimed he hasn't had a scumread he's wanted to pressure or push). He walks in here to say that Jexs and Levi are town and that we shouldn't be pushing them. Okay, that's fine, but he's not actively doing anything about that. He's not pushing us down another alley, he's not providing us with alternatives. He's just telling us we're idiots and then going back to sitting in the background. There's literally no movement from this slot but he'd try to make you believe otherwise. How is that anything other than scummy play? He's safe as **** and refuses to stick his neck out further than he has to.

Why should I like this slot?

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
@ JeXs JeXs : I know you are working on BardulL atm. (Still wanting an answer to that q when you can btw, no pressure)

I'm just wondering how you are reading the Protein v J argument just now, as you seem to be reading and caught up with what J said.

@ Lore Lore : You too. I'm interested in your input on this.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
He's just being a tool at this point to be a tool.

@ Protean- Protean- I am not even using my playstyle as a cop-out. I have been playing and not saying anything regarding it. YOU are the one who brought up as my playstyle.
I have nothing nice to say, so I am going to take that as my cue to exit the thread and work out. I also need to think about this game more.
Yeh that's right, go straight to the ad hominem and the AtE. No need to read my actual arguments.

JeXs

Smash Champion
@ JeXs JeXs : I know you are working on BardulL atm. (Still wanting an answer to that q when you can btw, no pressure)

I'm just wondering how you are reading the Protein v J argument just now, as you seem to be reading and caught up with what J said.

Wait for me to get home. Protean vs J is pointless. J's play is fine. He had a good reason to be inactive. I don't see what problem Protean sees, if it's him not actively pushing then I really don't see him as scum since I'm doing the same thing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You have not been reading mine and I am tired of repeating myself to you but just to sum it up.

I think you are wrong, incorrect, illogical, and the train of thought you are following is delusional to that of decent truths.

Trust me, that's neither ad hominem or AtE.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Nah. I can tell you after they respond. Unless you have a reason for me to give it before
I don't care about their opinion nearly as much as I care about yours and forcefeeding them talking points doesn't do **** for me. They'll talk about it at this point as Jexs responds to everything and Werekill seems to make note of everything.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

After the last post where Protean quoted me, I feel more that this is him latching on to the idea of J being inactive = scumminess and not letting go of it. J has seemed fairly town in his responses, just frustrated.

Whether Protean latching on is scummy or not depends on the reread I'll do tomorrow after I get some sleep, plus whatever he posts tonight.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
You have not been reading mine and I am tired of repeating myself to you but just to sum it up.

I think you are wrong, incorrect, illogical, and the train of thought you are following is delusional to that of decent truths.
Buzzwords at best, not an actual defense.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
I don't care about their opinion nearly as much as I care about yours and forcefeeding them talking points doesn't do **** for me. They'll talk about it at this point as Jexs responds to everything and Werekill seems to make note of everything.

They have already involved themselves. Jex by liking a ton of J's posts, Werekill by asking you a question. I care more about their opinions more than you care about their opinions. Plus I wouldn't want to influence their reads by first giving out my opinion before them giving me what I want. It would make my questioning pointless. I'll give thoughts in the next post.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
@ #HBC | J #HBC | J I'm not looking for you to call me wrong. You can call me wrong until you're blue in the face. I don't believe you and your own damn play belies you. I want you to show me that you're not doing the things I think you are. I want you to actually play the ****ing game. I want you to make moves, to stick your neck out, to develop real scumreads, and to stop hiding behind some half-assed "there's no scumreads yet" excuse when every slot except Kantrip has some valuable content put out. As of now, you're not doing that, and I'm inclined to think you're scum because of it.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Sorry, I actually need to verify something before I answer. Next post I promise.

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J : Can you quote or link the post where Laundry brought up the sheepiness? I want to look at this for context. Thanks.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Think I'm scum all you want then. The game itself will speak for who is right at the end. Till then, I'm actually going to look for scum instead of continue this insipid argument you want to have with me over that of my playstyle>my actual posts. You can say I'm questionable, but until you present proof consider yourself on mute.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Ran, compare what I just quoted to all of this:

ACO? I don't know what that means. And eh, why not, if I don't have to do anything D1 I'm fine to paxi my vote to you guys for a bit considering I'll just be watching.

@#HBC | Laundry : You asked me a feel read on the one slot I don't have anything really at the moment on. Zen will show in due-time if Ranmaru doesn't sooner. Also I will say I have feels but they are weak and no real scum-feels at the moment. If you want me to play D1, you have to get me interested in something.

I'm more interested in the flavor of the game over that of the actual posts so I'm going to sit here giggling a bit.
You are adorable in games, Laundry.

Why not just ask me a question as to why I feel nothing on Zen's slot? Btw your case is reachy as balls atm but that's to be expected D1 and why I hate it. Idk why you are so uppity about him though.
What? Now I'm confused. I'm not baiting you. You asked me questions and I answered them. How is that baiting?
Oh. Well I guess that answers that.

Would you lynch Laundry toDay? If not, who are you looking at? If the reasoning isn't evident, could you let me know a bit? Thanks.

=====
Pumping out some "reads" in my next post. *quotation marks needed because they are weak and not like substantial*
I'll support a lynch of Protean/Slam at the current time. @ #HBC | Amidamaru #HBC | Amidamaru : You are being incredibly dull with the fact you guys have my vote and I don't give it to anyone like ever so I will be taking it back shortly if you guys don't use it soon.
He's talked around me the whole ****ing game. He's asked if people would push me. He's said he's willing to lynch me. He's constantly prodded at me. At no point does his vote come out on me, at no point does he actively say I'm scum, at no point does he try to push me. Maybe he's not a sheep for it (gorf thinks he is) but it doesn't change the fact that it's still scummy as ****. There's a very obvious disconnect between how he's held me at arm's length this whole game and what he's saying about his own damn reads.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
ebwop: laundry's note, i'm caught up in the moment and gorf may not think he's actually sheep-y but i do recall him commenting on that original post as being somewhat sheepish at the time, though i could be wrong.

#HBC | Amidamaru

Zen|Ranmaru
Thanks, getting to the reasoning.

@ Protean- Protean- : When was the last time you talked to Gorf? I'm still wondering on his reasoning for MB/Levi and how his levi read progressed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm holding you at arm's length because I am trying to differentiate from bad play or scum play. It's truly a toss up at this point.

Tbh I am leaning on bad play of a fiesty WL.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EBWOP: *Now that I have calmed down and lifted weights for a bit to think.

@ Protean- Protean- : Okay, you say I'm scum. Who are my partners then? What do you make about Ami/Jexy/WK seeming to not dislike me based on your posts but seem inclined to like me more of it?

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
I'm holding you at arm's length because I am trying to differentiate from bad play or scum play. It's truly a toss up at this point.

Tbh I am leaning on bad play of a fiesty WL.

No. You don't go half a phase saying "I'd lynch WL, I'm okay with lynching WL, would you lynch WL?" if you're "trying to differentiate between bad play and scum play." That's not how that works.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
EBWOP: *Now that I have calmed down and lifted weights for a bit to think.

@ Protean- Protean- : Okay, you say I'm scum. Who are my partners then? What do you make about Ami/Jexy/WK seeming to not dislike me based on your posts but seem inclined to like me more of it?
Not important at the moment.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry
Thanks, getting to the reasoning.

@ Protean- Protean- : When was the last time you talked to Gorf? I'm still wondering on his reasoning for MB/Levi and how his levi read progressed.
This morning or thereabouts. I work from 8-5 tomorrow and I assume he's MIA for the rest of the night. Will probably not see him again for the next couple of days unless he makes himself available for me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Make no mistake, I am okay with lynching you still. You are a nuisance this game and would be better dead than alive at this point, to me, personally moving forward in this game.

Your last post proves this fact with you saying "it's not important at this point" shows you aren't really looking at the big picture that this game is.

Protean-

Gorf|Washed Laundry

Make no mistake, I am okay with lynching you still. You are a nuisance this game and would be better dead than alive at this point, to me, personally moving forward in this game.

Your last post proves this fact with you saying "it's not important at this point" shows you aren't really looking at the big picture that this game is.
Naw I just don't give a **** about who your mates are at the moment. I'm 100% confident in my ability to snag them after you flip scum. Right now it's infinitely more important to show people that you are scum and convince them of it than wasting time hunting for potential mates when I don't even have your flip in hand yet. There's no reason to put the cart before the horse at this stage of the game.

Top Bottom