• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"M0ney matCh"

Syk0

Smash Journeyman

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Flashy isn't the same thing as "real technical". You could have traded many of your drill-shine or shine -> nair combos for a simple upsmash and it would have been much more efficient. After watching top tier foxes like m2k, kdj, pc, etc, you will see that they are extremely technical (read: don't miss their necessary l-cancels, don't miss jump-cancels, turn some of their shines into a waveshine -> upsmash or waveshine -> grab instead of your shine -> nair you did every time) without using shine erroneously.

Against Peach, I would have liked to have seen more upsmash kills (especially in the first match on Princess Peach's Castle and even the last match at Fountain of Dreams) instead of bair/nair kills at percents over 100%. Also, I lost count of how many times you jumped into Peach's dsmash while she was on a platform above you. When you do that, it simulates your crouch-canceling her dsmash, totally ****** you. When she is above you on a platform, she will almost always want to do that to you... so don't let her. :)

You seem to have the right idea and the tech-skill, it just seems like you're practicing the same shine -> nair over and over again and using that as your "tech" weapon. You have a really good short-hop percentage... why not use that to camp some SHLs or SHDLs? You seem to hit most of your jump canceled shines... why not waveshine out of it into a grab or an upsmash? I saw a lot of drill-shine combos in the first round... but not many waveshine combos on the ground (you can do that to Peach). And remember: Peach is a floaty, so upsmash is your friend.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
hey, thanx dude. you seem to know what your talking bout so, ill take your advice, but just know. im not trying to be cocky or insult my opponent by sating this, but in the first match, definetly, i allready knew i was gonna win, so i was just trying to look good. yeah ive seen the way m2k and all the other names you mentioned plays. personaly i wouldnt wanna play like anybody else, but myself. i think smash is a game that allows that which is why i still play it till this day. but i definetly get what you mean ill try to fight someone who forces me to play like that atleast. no offense Ex0 once again. thanx bro

Love

Smash Rookie
nice vid syk0. your fox has to be one of the best in florida, of that im sure. you should go play the big names of florida though, because people will never respect you as a good player, till you do. personaly i think you could go toe to toe with anyone in florida, judging from what ive seen so far. you should really get involved in the tourneys more. later

Pritch

Smash Lord
I don't have a lot of time to watch the whole set from start to finish, so I can't comment a lot about play decisions in general, but a small comment about counterpicks for peach. Peach has a lot of great counterpick stages, but the only one on the random is dreamland and that's not her best (fd is also an option in some matchups, this one included). I'd be much more inclined to take a fox to mute city, jungle japes, or brinstar than any of the levels you used. Japes has the highest ceiling in the game and you can camp the side platforms with turnips easily, brinstar is almost impossible to get shinespiked on, also has a high ceiling, gives peach a lot of good recovery options since she can either go to the side platforms or skip them to go to the middle, and mute city's advantages for peach are well documented (though the lack of grabbable ledge is big - it's incredibly easy to edgeguard fox there, and he doesn't deal with cars too well either).

If you're limiting yourself to neutrals, fd is WAY better than fountain too. One grab on there if fox is above 45% or so, and fox should die.

Peach's best weapons vs fox are chaingrabbing, edgeguarding, and to a lesser extend turnips to disrupt his ability to approach. His best weapons vs you are upward kills and shinespikes. Your counterpicks should exaggerate your tools (removing or making it difficult to sweetspot the grabbable ledges, no/limited platforms to allow him to escape grabs, campable platforms, etc) and hurt his (high ceilings, varied recovery options, pits of acid that prevent kills off the bottom, etc).

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
his fox is flashy and technical. just b/c he's using a different, albeit less efficient method, of killing peach doesn't mean he isn't playing w/good tech skill. if you really felt that confident in winning the set, then there's nothing wrong w/a little showboating. that being said, yang is right: there were plenty of times where you could have done a uthrow -> uair or waveshine -> usmash instead of nairing. nice fox.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
thanx love i appreciate the comments and your compliment. yeah, im pretty technical, and i have good mind games too, so i probably would do well against some of the big names out there. and it kills me knowing this and not doing nothing about it, but its not my falt. its just that i dont have a car and most of the "big names" live far away, so till then all i can do is play people in my region. i sometimes try and get my boy to take me but, thats just too much to ask; he works all the time, and would have to take a day off just to do it. by the way, PRITCH, do you play peach or somn? you seem pretty knowledgible about her. i see what your saying about the stages and all, but either way, didnt peach have the stage advantage in most of the vids that i put up? are you implying that Ex0 should have counter picked better or somn, because i think most of the stages were to her advantage, excluding the first match, on peach's castle. either i would like to play more peaches, because i think i could learn alot from them with fox. thanx for the advice pritch and for watching. peace

ancientevil11

Smash Apprentice
man...every time i see a video of your Fox it makes me wanna play you even more...i dont have to say it again but i will...

i like what i see.

lets try smashing this weekend. lemme kno.

laterz...

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
thanx man. no problem. we'll definetly smash this weekend i have no other priorities this time, so you can count on it. later

i want to play you too, so don't sweat it.
oh yeah, when are you guys putting up the mew 2 set?

ps: i hate mew 2

Pritch

Smash Lord
You should know I play peach syko, I've played you at the last 2 megacons. Come up to the next gigabits, so I can play you without having to play ffa with ****ty controllers.

Anyways, dreamland is a good stage for peach, don't get me wrong. It's just if you're going to pick a stage with long sides and high ceiling vs a fox, I don't see why you wouldn't make it mute city to get the easy edgeguards on fox from the lack of ledges and the easy chaingrabs from the lack of platforms. The others are strong counterpicks for the reasons listed above. Dreamland is a strong counterpick for peach and is rarely a bad level to go to (though there are exceptions, like if you're against ganon), I just think that for this matchup mute, japes, and (debatably) brinstar are better.

For that matter, there are really very few times that mute city isn't strictly better as a stage than dreamland for peach. It causes a lot of problems for most characters, but peach can ignore most of the issues that people have with the stage and just capitalize on the openings they provide. Only thing dreamland really has on mute for peach in most matchups is the fact that you can get it on random.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
oh sht, for real, i played you last megacon? oh yeah! i remember you. wassup? yeah we never got to really play eachother though, and yeah your peach was good, so i aint gonna hate. i wanted to test my fox against you, in a 1vs1, i still do. yeah those controllers were so garbage. member that stupid girl who played peach, and her brother who played mario? his mario was good too. well, i didnt even know it was you, but nice to talk to you again. you got any vids up? i wanna see.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Only recent vid of me is a set from a gigabits tourney back in december (I think) vs phanna. I do ok, but I was real rusty from having not played any tournaments since mlg orlando in august and not having any good people to smash with up in jacksonville. The first and last minutes of round 2 kinda prove this, as I don't think I hit phanna during either :ohwell:. Still not too bad a set, though I'd like to think I'm substantially better now than I was when those were recorded.

Come up to the next gigabits and we'll get that match though. I'm sure you guys could travel with xif and co when they come up.

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
fore sure man. ill go with them. as long as i can get together with them this weekend, in a smash fest. ill keep in contact and make sure next gigabitz, im there. where can i find your vids? youtube? by the way have you played zif b4?

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
M2 Set

thanx man. no problem. we'll definetly smash this weekend i have no other priorities this time, so you can count on it. later

i want to play you too, so don't sweat it.
oh yeah, when are you guys putting up the mew 2 set?

ps: i hate mew 2

Sadly, those won't be going up. WMM kept crashing everytime I imported it, so I had no other choice but to delete it. We'll have to record again on the weekend or something. Oh and those were some entertaining matches you got there :chuckle:

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
omg

you guys are all noobs, dont play anymore LOL just kidding whats up Pritch, yo dude sorry we didnt get to play at all in orlando, we were like throwing parties , the girls drinking all this **** and we coulndt get together and play, hopefully next time we ll have some time do to so, allthought were throwing a bigger party next year O_O but we can squeeze it in somehow anyway ill go with syk0 for the next giga tourny , its just it always seems to *** me up since sometimes I work on Saturdays, but yeah... hopefully we can get to play each other soon.

Lavagolem and ancientevil, we gotta play this weekend for sure, lets see if we can get together on like friday or sat, let me know keep me posted, ill most likely take our friend reggie ( hes probably going to talk **** abou the game) but hes good. Anyway keep me posted.

Syk0, you suk... bish

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
you dumb booch breath having *** *****. lol yo i got your vids coming up aight. people will love laughing at how garbage you play. cant wait to get everyones opinions. noob!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
playing a unique fox is great, this is what i like to see more of, is a wider variety of gameplay. good job on ur tech skills and keep going!!

although, some parts an usmash/uair would be much better than a nair, but everyone will learn that later anyway :)

Pritch

Smash Lord
Ugh. Yes, I've played xif several times in tournament and in friendlies, and he ***** my **** every time I play him. I can hold my own in peach dittos vs every other peach in fl (including ones that do well vs him), but I just can't deal with xif. I'll get him yet, though.

Just search "Pritch ssbm" on youtube and you'll find me. Ignore the doubles vid on there, it's ancient and I sucked ****, the phanna set is the only recent one (and like I said, even that one I'm not particularly proud of).

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wow, nice first vid. I have yet to watch all of them but I will tomorrow, I'm kind of tired right now lol. Good stuff again on that first vid, I really liked it :).

You took my double shines!!

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Needs more usmash and uair. The walls on peaches castle are perfect for drill shining/waveshining(which you took advantage of) to jc'ed usmash or just an usmash(which you didnt take advantage of). You have a pretty fast fox though. Saw a few double shines and you dont miss too many l-cancels which is good.

--I only watched the 1st match because I'm lazy and my internet sucks.

guesswho

Smash Cadet
is florida where al the best players are i read that lot so ppl frm all over give them props. i Know smash mac Phanna and others are here. if thats the case then i can play with the best wooooooot

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
yo thanx shiz, well yeah, i guess i kinda took a bite out of your double shines, hehe. it wasnt too bad though was it. good job at "giga" you won didnt you? your matches against darkfalcion were sick man. the fights looked like the classic "ken vs bombsoldier" matches, but better. i like the way you handle that marth. he was good too, but remember i hate marth, so ill always be alittle harsh on em. lol. thanx tyson for saying that i have a "unique playing style" i figure whats the point of still playing ,at this point, if your just gonna play like everyone else. know what i mean? hopefully i wont have to convert too much when i play the real good ppl out there.

yes *gues who* florida has some pretty good players now, so you have means to get better , as long as your willing to take a few trips and meet these ppl.

yo *pritch* ill check out your vids to see what ill be up against next year at megacon, hopefully. To LAVAGOLEM: that sux that you guys had to delete that awesome mew2 battle. ill do my best to not let you guys get another opportunity, if you know what i mean lol. see you this weekend man.

oh yeah, shiz come to xifs this weekend i wanna play you again. lol yeh i know what your gonna say, but lets let the fox and falco do the talking. later man. thanx guys. WATCH THE THIRD MATCH, ITS THE BEST ONE THERE. I DONT CARE ABOUT THE REST JUST WATCH THAT ONE PLEASE. LATER PEEPS.

offcell

Smash Apprentice
I could just tell from match 1 you were being flashy :p So many drill shines, lol. Then I definitely knew you were messing around when it was the last stock for both of ya on match 3 and you shined like crazy to try to keep her off the stage. too funny.

ancientevil11

Smash Apprentice
call me up Syk0 to make sure that you and R4w can smash this weekend. lets try Saturday since that is probably the only day we can smash with you guys. and if you can, bring that Samus dude...he and i should have a crazy projectile battle.

oh yea...im still waiting for dem Link vs Sheik vids lol.......

Syk0

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah ill call you ANCIENT, and il definetly try to bring the samus. dont you worry about them vids i got you on that. remember, i liked them too. those matches were insane...i got you man.
hey cant you play this friday? i plan on going to xifs on saturday.

TO offcel : yeah after a while i noticed i was gonna win so, i tried to look kool. lol. sorry if i offended

Love

Smash Rookie
:: Wakes up out of a boredum induced coma::

Wow i swear one day im gonna put a straight jacket and a muzzel on that rabid mut...... Nah guys dont leave me out If yall going to a Practice event i do think Love wants to come. I mean if The Samus is going then The Roy is tooo. Jesus i swear always left out stupid graveyard shift job. Oh Well back to sleep I mean Work.

:: Falls Asleep dreams of 4 stocking Syk0 (Hey I can Dream Can't I) ::

Top Bottom