• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
everything about this day so far leaves a bad taste in my mouth marshy throws out a case and we've been people doing the almost literal same thing that happened yesterday like im gonna read it but still calm the **** down and stop voting so ****ing suddenly jesus

#HBC | ѕoup

actually nevermind im stupid rake voted before and so did gorf (why i dont really know)but still i really dont want this to end up like territorial bull****

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hey Joey, like, is he wrong because he's thuggin or is he wrong because frito is town? Either way I'd suggest you take a chill pill man, because that part about the Joey distraught AtE is totally spot on. Think objectively, and don't let people hurt the scum hunting vibes man :)!

#HBC | ѕoup

i was gonna respond to gorf but i really just dont have it in me to write tryhard wordposts right now i just kinda wanna vote nabe and see him ignore me and be content with his openly scummy play that will not get noticed at all like usual

#HBC | ѕoup

basically yes scary do you agree that nabe's vote on sokr was bad and gross and he should get pressured for it to discern his intentions as to why he made a bad and gross vote would you ignore the mob on ft right now and vote nabe with me???

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Looking at the wagon again, I certainly would wanna know a little more about his slot and his though processes.

I can forgo either wagon for now, let's go digging.

Vote: Nabe

I find myself getting immensely frustrated already trying to get a beat on what the **** Friday Townie is doing, why Gorf decided to change his style for this game, and why Rake suddenly decides he has confidence to blurt out gut reads like that out of nowhere. It's like I've stumbled into the wacko world of DGames where everyone acts completely different, because I certainly don't expect this aggressive behavior from a Ruy/Rajam slot and I don't expect hyper-poster Rake to be outing his reads like that so suddenly. Gorf isn't much of a concern as those two and I'm actually enjoying his gimmick and posts.
This stuff you were worried about here is one of the points of marshy's FT case. Does it still bother you?

#HBC | ѕoup

I changed my mind once I looked at it from a different perspective and took Gorf's advice about taking a breather. I'll look at it again later when I'm not tired.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
frito is a slot that really screams dumb or scum throughout the entirety of this game in nearly every word he types and the fact that hes been getting a free pass all of d1 just cuz is disappointing

first off the rajam side. the lack of definite direction throughout yesterday in all of his posting remained extremely prevalent as a part of his play which is weird because the rajam that im used to seeing is a lurker at heart. he ususally spends most of his time in a game catching up but here he was right in the middle of the current action. we all know aggros position about his posting in pregame but frito went ahead and helped start the "serious" side of pregame with this and multiple posts like this

Are you going to back up your #38 come the start of the game?
this is in regards to soup saying hes got a solid read on ryker. this is just one of MANY early game (and what i feel is still current) examples of rajam just posting to post to give the impression that he's looking to do something. i challenge everybody (including you frito) to give me one example of rajam showing town motivation toward any of his posting, cuz 90% of his "aggressive playstyle" leads to a dead end. i just happen to think he's doing it on purpose rather than just dropping all of these questions n posts n whatnot. and no. "reaction" is not a valid response. very dumb or scum throughout all his posting, but in this case signs point more to scum

the one thing rajam says that doesnt fade to darkness immediately is his read on me based on my "indecisiveness on whether soup is scum or town," which ruy verifies in one of his opening posts. how scummy of me. im sorry
I'll address the part directed at me; Ryu can answer what's directed at him.

See? You're opening the indecisiveness window by calling us dumb or scum; I won't: you're just plain scum and you're dying today sir.

I've lurked and played catchup in the past both as town and scum. Therefore the change in the playstyle is null. Oh but what do we have here? You using a null point again and attempting to pass it as something scummy. Yeah good try

First: if you're saying that's one of many examples, then show those many examples. One example =/= many examples, so you're making a reach. That quote in particular I didn't care to follow up because I quickly developed a town read on soup and later I developed a town lean on AM. Also, check the history or sequence of the quotations I've been making and guess up to which page I've been analyzing things further in (hint: pg 8)

That was the startup. The lean. I've pointed out more things throughout the game. I talked with Ryu in our hydra and pointed him out that that post was scummy; he checked, he agreed.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
SOMEBODEH HAMMAH
I forgot to elaborate on this. You're clearly stepping outside your town meta here. When, as town have you ever been #HBC just lynch someone D1? Never.

But it's not just that you're outside your meta. It's that when I called you on it (#517), you tried to downplay it:

To get reactions, i mean cmon
Come on. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. What sort of reactions were you really expecting?

Because what you've got is me going for your throat.

Don't get me started on that textbook Rake scum vote from the top of toDay.

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
but your interests are bad and wrong

if scary is scum i will mail you a japanese sword

if he is town you review the next 3 setups sent my way

deal?
Something about this is bugging me, it's like we thuggin is so sure Scary is town but IIRC he doesn't have solid reason to think so.
dabuz makes an interesting observation. If the trade-off is analyzed, checking 3 setups is a lot less compared to mailing a japanese sword, yet thuggin is willing to take this umbalanced bet prize-wise. It implies a lot of confidence on the towniness of Scary by thuggin's part

thuggin is this bet still up?

Where is your town read on Scary coming from?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe tell me where's your head looking at

thuggin y/n?
n

Gorf, if FT flips town who do you want tomorrow?

Nabe, who's scum?
I forgot to elaborate on this. You're clearly stepping outside your town meta here. When, as town have you ever been #HBC just lynch someone D1? Never.

But it's not just that you're outside your meta. It's that when I called you on it (#517), you tried to downplay it:

Come on. Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining. What sort of reactions were you really expecting?

Because what you've got is me going for your throat.

Don't get me started on that textbook Rake scum vote from the top of toDay.
^
Vote: Rake

#HBC | Gorf

dabuz makes an interesting observation. If the trade-off is analyzed, checking 3 setups is a lot less compared to mailing a japanese sword, yet thuggin is willing to take this umbalanced bet prize-wise. It implies a lot of confidence on the towniness of Scary by thuggin's part

Geez man, my eyes! All this scumminess is just giving me a headache man! Like, now that you mention it, it must be immensely scummy that thuggin made a bet like that about Scary's alignment right? Man good thing you found that gem Rajam, now I'm more than convinced that thuggin is scum since he SO BLATANTLY jizzed his confidence juice all over soup man! Only scum can have that much confidence to post in thread that they have a strong town feel on a slot and not back it up! Let's just say screw logic man and listen to THIS guy! He's got ALL the answers man :)!

#HBC | Gorf

Kary, like, you should totally stop reading here if your vote on Rake isn't because you think he's scum. If you don't think he's scum, just drop the Rake thing, it will never go anywhere man. But if you really think he's scum, let me get my knife out and let me spread some wisdom flavored cream cheese on that plain bagel of understanding brother.

Ya see, Rake's not following your principal, man. He's being more brash about and more open to the things you obviously seem to detest man, like quicklynching and sarcasm. One isn't scummy because you don't enjoy what they're doing! Like, you gotta look at what they're doing and why that's scummy man! So, how about you tell me what it is about Rake's quickhammering that is scummy enough to pursue a vote?

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
oh hello rajam how are you

See? You're opening the indecisiveness window by calling us dumb or scum; I won't: you're just plain scum and you're dying today sir.

are you serious...

how about i school you for a second rajam. when i say "dumb or scum," that is a definite stance. this town is giving you a free pass because you're doing... things, i guess. i'm saying that you're both ******** and scum. so maybe i should say dumb and scum OH **** I'M SO INDECISIVE I MUST BE SCUM

frito said:
I've lurked and played catchup in the past both as town and scum. Therefore the change in the playstyle is null. Oh but what do we have here? You using a null point again and attempting to pass it as something scummy. Yeah good try

that had zero to do with your alignment. in fact if that part meant anything, it meant that id have to read you differently BECAUSE youre not just in catch up la la land. i said it was weird that you were so active. thats it. get your **** straight scum

frito said:
First: if you're saying that's one of many examples, then show those many examples. One example =/= many examples, so you're making a reach. That quote in particular I didn't care to follow up because I quickly developed a town read on soup and later I developed a town lean on AM. Also, check the history or sequence of the quotations I've been making and guess up to which page I've been analyzing things further in (hint: pg 8)
for further reference read through the thread for any post you may have made. there you will find the lack of direction im talking about. yea im scum cuz i didnt flood my case with quotes n **** i knew id be getting that from someone some time

frito said:
That was the startup. The lean. I've pointed out more things throughout the game. I talked with Ryu in our hydra and pointed him out that that post was scummy; he checked, he agreed.
shut up. your posts are full of hot air. thats about it. and actually ruy didnt agree that that post was scummy, if you kept reading that case itd show that one of ruys first posts this game talks about the disagreement that you guys had of the read on me based on that particular stance, how he found it null. you havent pointed out more things. youve said bull**** about bull**** and left it as bull****

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Okay. I'm caught up for the most part.

Currently Town-reading Kary, Soup and somewhat Frito.

Most importantly, I really want to look into Kary's Rake angle. Rake's play around the quicklynch was whack as ****, and he's not playing his Town meta. Rake usually keeps his thought process specifically on the table so that people can WATCH as he runs around like a headless chicken trying to find Town-reads.

That was distinctly absent in his play yesterday, and I want to see this angle explored.

Rake, talk to me about your play yesterday. Why in the world were you in "SOMEBODY HAMMAH" mode?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Crashboards needs to get it together imo.

first off the rajam side. the lack of definite direction throughout yesterday in all of his posting remained extremely prevalent as a part of his play which is weird because the rajam that im used to seeing is a lurker at heart. he ususally spends most of his time in a game catching up but here he was right in the middle of the current action. we all know aggros position about his posting in pregame but frito went ahead and helped start the "serious" side of pregame with this and multiple posts like this
You make it seem like it's bad that he's posting this way, when in reality you have no idea how he plays when he's not playing catch up. Terrible thing to make a case on.

...Oh wait.

On reading through recent posts, I realized that you meant nothing by this? Why would you word it this way if you didn't mean anything by it? If Rajam wouldn't have commented on it, then it would have continued to come across as something he was scummy for instead of something that you're just commenting on for no reason. Also, yes, this means that Rajam wasn't the only one to read it this way. I find it funny that you're calling him scum for reacting the way he did when it was your wording that caused it. :v

this is in regards to soup saying hes got a solid read on ryker. this is just one of MANY early game (and what i feel is still current) examples of rajam just posting to post to give the impression that he's looking to do something. i challenge everybody (including you frito) to give me one example of rajam showing town motivation toward any of his posting, cuz 90% of his "aggressive playstyle" leads to a dead end. i just happen to think he's doing it on purpose rather than just dropping all of these questions n posts n whatnot. and no. "reaction" is not a valid response. very dumb or scum throughout all his posting, but in this case signs point more to scum
>_>. Do you really expect every player to post their reads right away (especially when the game hasn't even started)? It feels like you do. He may not be showing "town" motivation, but he's not showing "scum" motivation, either. He's showing "I'm trying to get into the game" motivation. Don't see how this is scummy in the slightest. You ask questions, you get answers, and if you're satisfied without asking more questions, you develop a read and drop the line of questioning. Seems pretty standard to me. :x

Also, just because he asks a question doesn't mean he's playing seriously. This is the same problem you had with Aggro, and it is kind of stupid to assume that questioning something = play from here on out is serious. I don't know if he is or not, but assuming that he is and trying to push him off of it (aka what you did with Aggro) is completely idiotic and is a very easy thing for scum to push and get away with. From the looks of it, he still wasn't playing super seriously after this post, though.

the one thing rajam says that doesnt fade to darkness immediately is his read on me based on my "indecisiveness on whether soup is scum or town," which ruy verifies in one of his opening posts. how scummy of me. im sorry
Town read on Dabuz? :p

Outside of that, Rajam didn't post too much in the actual pre-game before he started getting into the scum vibes he got from you.

Also, read 180, then read 181. Hint: Common sense shows that they're connected posts. Also, just throwing this out there, but assuming he's referencing these two posts could be completely off base. He could be referencing 308/309, where Ryu actually agrees. :x

You commented on 181. All I will say is that it looks pretty grimy. What was reaching about it? None of it looks like reaching. If anything, Ryu is fence sitting, but reaching doesn't even make sense here. He's saying that you're just saying stuff to say it (what you're accusing this slot of doing, might I add).

That whole "Oh this is what scum hydras do iight" is literally the definition of reaching, by the way. Why are you going to attempt to call Ryu out on reaching when he's really not and then literally pull the text book definition of reaching out of your ass? Please. The way that people choose to play out their hydra is completely null, especially if you have absolutely no meta to back this thought process up with. This is their first time hydra'ing, no? Not sure how this isn't 100% null.

Last of all, let's all take time to read Ryu's 443... Specifically the part where he talks about Marshy

Marshy in turn, I don't get the read he has on you. He's trying to say you refusing to post and ignore the pregame pressure is scummy when I take it as null. His thought process doesn't jive with me when he admitted to me earlier when I asked him about the read on your vote ok Sokr, he said there was no tell so I'm taking his read came all from you saying, "nah u dudes wack!" I really find it hard to see him do that as town, Marshy while wanting to hardbody still has a seeable and readable thought process.

Marshy even when wearing the #HBC, has this as town. Otherwise he has an alternate motive to place his read and vote. Here it's like he is trying to put that face on, like he does #HBC but I don't see him putting the kind of read out with what was posted. I rely on a lot of Meta with Marshy because his style is amazing at keeping his readability regardless of alignment hard. Meta and me trying to see smaller things is how I try to see what his alignment is.

Here, it's even too much of a stretch for me to see him go through the steps he went to get there when he answered what I asked him and how he responded to me.
I feel that I read this correctly, but look at Marshy's case and look at what he said Ryu stated word by word in those two quotes. Yeah...

This wagon is literally Aggro 2.0 >_>.

I don't see anything similar to what you're seeing. Tell me which posts specifically bother you about Friday Townie. You don't have to say why, but specific posts so I have a general idea to see what you're basing this stuff off of. What were you expecting from this slot in pre-game?

I'm not buying this case at all, honestly. Not even because I find your slot scummy. There's just a lot in this case that is either reaching, completely farfetched, or just shows that you aren't really trying to nail scum.

Gord, he's wrong because he's wrong. Not because he's thuggin. Not because FT is town. It's simply because his case is... kind of poor to say the least.

The good thing about this case is that it made me re-read FT.

FT still town imo lul #townbuddies5evr

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam

thuggin is this bet still up?

Where is your town read on Scary coming from?
Geez man, my eyes! All this scumminess is just giving me a headache man! Like, now that you mention it, it must be immensely scummy that thuggin made a bet like that about Scary's alignment right? Man good thing you found that gem Rajam, now I'm more than convinced that thuggin is scum since he SO BLATANTLY ****ed his confidence juice all over soup man! Only scum can have that much confidence to post in thread that they have a strong town feel on a slot and not back it up! Let's just say screw logic man and listen to THIS guy! He's got ALL the answers man :)!
Per se the thing is not scummy enough, but it serves as a plus or a lean. For me it's the former. I want to know how marshy developed such a strong town read on Scary that lead him to make that ridiculous bet based on Scary's fluffy posts

#HBC | Gorf

Per se the thing is not scummy enough, but it serves as a plus or a lean. For me it's the former. I want to know how marshy developed such a strong town read on Scary that lead him to make that ridiculous bet based on Scary's fluffy posts

It. Doesn't. Make. A. Difference. Man. Why is there this weird misconception that people should be obligated to justify their town reads?

#HBC | Gorf

Crashboards needs to get it together imo.

You make it seem like it's bad that he's posting this way, when in reality you have no idea how he plays when he's not playing catch up. Terrible thing to make a case on.

...Oh wait.

On reading through recent posts, I realized that you meant nothing by this? Why would you word it this way if you didn't mean anything by it? If Rajam wouldn't have commented on it, then it would have continued to come across as something he was scummy for instead of something that you're just commenting on for no reason. Also, yes, this means that Rajam wasn't the only one to read it this way. I find it funny that you're calling him scum for reacting the way he did when it was your wording that caused it. :v

>_>. Do you really expect every player to post their reads right away (especially when the game hasn't even started)? It feels like you do. He may not be showing "town" motivation, but he's not showing "scum" motivation, either. He's showing "I'm trying to get into the game" motivation. Don't see how this is scummy in the slightest. You ask questions, you get answers, and if you're satisfied without asking more questions, you develop a read and drop the line of questioning. Seems pretty standard to me. :x

Also, just because he asks a question doesn't mean he's playing seriously. This is the same problem you had with Aggro, and it is kind of stupid to assume that questioning something = play from here on out is serious. I don't know if he is or not, but assuming that he is and trying to push him off of it (aka what you did with Aggro) is completely idiotic and is a very easy thing for scum to push and get away with. From the looks of it, he still wasn't playing super seriously after this post, though.

Town read on Dabuz? :p

Outside of that, Rajam didn't post too much in the actual pre-game before he started getting into the scum vibes he got from you.

Also, read 180, then read 181. Hint: Common sense shows that they're connected posts. Also, just throwing this out there, but assuming he's referencing these two posts could be completely off base. He could be referencing 308/309, where Ryu actually agrees. :x

You commented on 181. All I will say is that it looks pretty grimy. What was reaching about it? None of it looks like reaching. If anything, Ryu is fence sitting, but reaching doesn't even make sense here. He's saying that you're just saying stuff to say it (what you're accusing this slot of doing, might I add).

That whole "Oh this is what scum hydras do iight" is literally the definition of reaching, by the way. Why are you going to attempt to call Ryu out on reaching when he's really not and then literally pull the text book definition of reaching out of your ***? Please. The way that people choose to play out their hydra is completely null, especially if you have absolutely no meta to back this thought process up with. This is their first time hydra'ing, no? Not sure how this isn't 100% null.

Last of all, let's all take time to read Ryu's 443... Specifically the part where he talks about Marshy

I feel that I read this correctly, but look at Marshy's case and look at what he said Ryu stated word by word in those two quotes. Yeah...

This wagon is literally Aggro 2.0 >_>.

I don't see anything similar to what you're seeing. Tell me which posts specifically bother you about Friday Townie. You don't have to say why, but specific posts so I have a general idea to see what you're basing this stuff off of. What were you expecting from this slot in pre-game?

I'm not buying this case at all, honestly. Not even because I find your slot scummy. There's just a lot in this case that is either reaching, completely farfetched, or just shows that you aren't really trying to nail scum.

Gord, he's wrong because he's wrong. Not because he's thuggin. Not because FT is town. It's simply because his case is... kind of poor to say the least.

The good thing about this case is that it made me re-read FT.

FT still town imo lul #townbuddies5evr

Your goggles are on way too tight man :/

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
Okay. I'm caught up for the most part.

Currently Town-reading Kary, Soup and somewhat Frito.

Most importantly, I really want to look into Kary's Rake angle. Rake's play around the quicklynch was whack as ****, and he's not playing his Town meta. Rake usually keeps his thought process specifically on the table so that people can WATCH as he runs around like a headless chicken trying to find Town-reads.

That was distinctly absent in his play yesterday, and I want to see this angle explored.

Rake, talk to me about your play yesterday. Why in the world were you in "SOMEBODY HAMMAH" mode?
Raziek do you get something from the way Gorf hammered yesterDay?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's funny. I tried to look objectively and take the goggles off, and then that post was made. My goggles are pretty lose. He's just scummy. :v

Friday Townie

Red Ryu|Rajam
It. Doesn't. Make. A. Difference. Man. Why is there this weird misconception that people should be obligated to justify their town reads?
weird misconcepion??

ok I don't even; without wanting to enter a discussion on how to play Mafia, I'll just state that we clearly have a different approach at fundamentals here.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Also Gord, what else would I be commenting on? I don't find anything wrong with Friday Townie, Raziek, or AM. Your post style is too much for me to read through personally, so I'm relying on others for a read on you until we get more flips. Rake is 100% null to me because his play is so out of the ****ing window random. We're still waiting for more people to get here for the purpose of discussion.

Yeah... >_>.

Top Bottom