• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Side B ledge snapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterD1

Smash Rookie
This seems really hit or miss and I'm pretty sure it must be a bug. I use it from the same distance and height every time, similar to a falco illusion, and sometimes he grabs it and sometimes he doesn't. I don't know if this is just something that needs to be buffed or if it's just a bug, but I'm putting it here just in case.

PeterD1

Smash Rookie
Do you have a video of this? His sweetspot sideb can be a bit tricky to do.
I don't have any way to record or upload anything unfortunately, but just go try it. side b from the same height and distance over and over in training mode. Sometimes he just wont get it. i think they should buff his ability to grab it in general, like if he hits the ledge mid trajectory he should stop the move and get the ledge, rather than just hit the side of the stage and drop like a rock, but that has nothing to do with this.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I don't have any way to record or upload anything unfortunately, but just go try it. side b from the same height and distance over and over in training mode. Sometimes he just wont get it. i think they should buff his ability to grab it in general, like if he hits the ledge mid trajectory he should stop the move and get the ledge, rather than just hit the side of the stage and drop like a rock, but that has nothing to do with this.
The reason you aren't getting it 100% of the time is because it's precise and sometimes you may do it incorrectly. Like you may be charging slightly longer or shorter or you may be slightly further or closer at times.

I agree that it should be easier to do, though.

Dustin Ashley

Smash Rookie
You must come from slightly below the ledge, and you must reach the ledge at the very end of your misfire. I have never noticed any buggy-ness from sweet spotting Luigi's side-B, it's just hard.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
This thread is 2 years old. Pay attention before necrobumping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom