• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi pillar? Luigi Lawnmower?

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Luigi shield break.

Haen't tried this against a human, so I have no real idea whether it works.

I believe that if you do a short-hopped D-air and an L-cancalled N-air in the same jump, then follow it up immediately by Luigi Sworyuken, it will break the opponent's shield (or close to it) if they shield all three attacks.

Let me think, the shield takes how much damage? I always thought it was 60, give or take. Assuming no Stale Moves effect, the combined damage for those three moves is 56, plus any time-related shield fatigue.

Alright, here's the part there you all call WTF and tell me how wrong I am.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Luigi pillar? I thought that was where you d-air spike into n-air, then repeat lol. man I love that thing.

umm, I'm thinkin' the combo you said wouldn't do enough damage to break shield, but i'm not sure.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Eh, guess not, then. But maybe it'll shield-stab...

I can already hear you guys saying strike two. At least I can use the "Luigi isn't my main" excuse.

Binx

Smash Master
Eh, guess not, then. But maybe it'll shield-stab...

I can already hear you guys saying strike two. At least I can use the "Luigi isn't my main" excuse.
No johns.

Also thought if it was a shield breaker you would have a simple guessing game if you think they will roll, you can wavedash and try to catch them, thats whats good about Falco's too, since you wont really hit many high leveled players with it.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Why not just spam sweet spotted up b's? I did it and broke the shield ONCE and it was the greatest feeling ever

Everyone should experience that moment

Top Bottom