• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Breakdown

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Sup everyone! Origin and I have made a video of some of the basics of the character and ways you can combo/ improve with her. While a lot of it is basic we feel there are some things that you may not know in here. Give it a look and tell us what you think!

Alaya

Smash Cadet
Very nice video. You didn't mention that there's no landing lag if you start a side b combo mid air and land, so you can follow through on it as an air to ground attack, but there was plenty of other stuff in there that I hadn't considered using like the empty short hop into air dodge punish or the dtilt and followups (I had mostly written dtilt off)... or even up b as a possible kill move. I had never wanted to risk it since it leaves you vulnerable, but it is very fast and if it has that kind of killing power it's worth looking into as a mix up finisher against fast opponents.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
How do you do the dash attack into grabbing cancel. Like for instance in this video how you down poke them then fallow up with a grab. Can some one help?

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Well there are two ways to propel your character before grabbing. Dash attack canceling and also Roll canceling. Dash attack canceling is you start up your dash attack and cancel it with grab. This causes you to slide forward a bit and then it goes into the grab animations. Same concept for the roll one but I believe the timing is tighter, however you more distance. Also Yes Nike. I'm playing Lucina, Marth, Zero Suit Samus, and Peach!

Top Bottom