• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina, a new character only because she's female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisamefishfries

Smash Journeyman
source: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=121384840&postcount=8201

So a long time ago I had a topic on here asking why smash needed more females, I stated that I am all for their inclusion as long as they belong in the game and aren't in solely because they are girls. According to this interview with Sakurai Lucina is an identical clone to Marth in every single way, except that her sword does the same damage throughout whereas the tip of Marth's sword does more... He even states in the article that he considered having Lucina be an alternate costume for Marth.

I mean there is really no point to having this character when it could just be an alternate skin for Marth as Sakurai states even with different models and voices they will be alt skins. I understand that a clone doesn't exactly take up the development time it takes to make an individual character, but I don't really want clones in the game at all. Fire emblem doesn't exactly need a fourth slot IMO and Lucina would have been just fine being a skin like the alt Robin or the male WFT.

Am i glad that we have a more equal sex roster? No. Not in the slightest. Because Sakurai more or less says that lucina is like Marth but takes less skill to use and isn't as powerful. So idk why I would use her, it's more or less filler space to have an equal roster which is what my old thread was talking about. If they made her unique, maybe faster, or changed some of her moves I'd play her, but going into the game knowing Marth has more potential I won't even bat an eye at her.

I'm sure many of you disagree with my statements and for some reason have a strong preference in playing females so the slight sword damage won't change you playing Lucina. If you disagree let me know your thoughts and if you want to add something go ahead. This is not meant to be a complaint thread (while it may come off as that), I would just like to see what you guys have to say about my thoughts.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
All this does is make the CSS have a fourth fire emblem character on it. Since it changes almost nothing else, and she would have been in anyways, I'm not thinking that this would effect anything female or not.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This belongs in the Lucina board section if anywhere at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom