• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's Infinite/Second Jump Recovery

c3gill

Smash Ace
thanks for the video!- when i first heard about it i thought that sounded hard, but looking at it the idea seems pretty simple. Video is definatly useful. pity you couldnt get PK Fire.... :ohwell:

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
If I had put in the number of tries it took to get it, you would've saw so much fail. It took like 20 tries just to do it with one move. And I tried like 100 times with PK Fire, and still failed. :(

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you have a character that has an awesome midair game, like Ness or GnW or other random character, you can stay in the air all the time. If you have a character that's better on the ground, then you don't really need to use it.

c3gill

Smash Ace
honestly i just play on spamming Nair once ive got it down :) maybe a few Dairs or Bairs........ but Nair ftw!

Levitas

the moon
Note that ISJR should only be used against people who are camping above a fullhop height. ROB and Wario can do this, and you should probably just SJR a PK fire and hope they stop camping there.

It's the same as rushing down someone who's camping you in an attempt to get them to approach you from that point on.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Note that ISJR should only be used against people who are camping above a fullhop height. ROB and Wario can do this, and you should probably just SJR a PK fire and hope they stop camping there.

It's the same as rushing down someone who's camping you in an attempt to get them to approach you from that point on.
That explains how it can be useful, but I think that for Lucas, the Nair and Dair could be really useful on racking damage. Getting by campers is good too.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I still don't see what's so special about this......
It seems the same as FHing over and over again.

I thought of something. Did you try combining ISJR with Zap jumping? Aerial camping/stalling for Lucas. XD Sounds hard though...

Is buffering airdodging right before you hit the ground?

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
I still don't see what's so special about this......
It seems the same as FHing over and over again.

I thought of something. Did you try combining ISJR with Zap jumping? Aerial camping/stalling for Lucas. XD Sounds hard though...

Is buffering airdodging right before you hit the ground?
Well, I had no clue what buffering was, but I still did it anyway. I just think that it means to use your 2nd jump right before you touch the ground.

You don't have to use it, it is special, it just depends on how you use it. Zap Jumping might be useful with it, but it might be way harder to time the aerial.

Levitas

the moon
I'll see if I can get the zap jump ISJR to work, as it might.

No buffered airdodge, just jump while the move is ending right above the ground iirc.

Lucas DJ is larger than his FH, so this is different in application (as well as the mechanics at work)

Edit: ninja'd

Top Bottom