• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I would be more shocked if Onett was the only Mother stage, even if the unlockable isn't from Mother 3. Melee had two Mother stages with just Ness, so why not Wii U?

If Lucas returns (as a Ness alt or alone), what alts does everyone want to see?

My personal top choice is his disguise from Chapter 5. While I've never played Project M, I adore their alt based on this.

I main the Claus alt at the moment (I actually prefer Lucas to Claus as a character and design, but the Claus alt just stands out), but if they made one based off of this, it'd be my instant favorite.

I'd also love the see a Kumatora color where he gets pink hair, as well as some based off the equips from Mother 3, such as the Leo Leo Shirt, DCMC Shirt, Good Boy Shirt, or even if we're REALLY lucky, the Awesome set.
I mostly prefer the Claus palette since it changes his hair color, and i really like that in palette swaps for Smash, it stands out more IMO.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I mostly prefer the Claus palette since it changes his hair color, and i really like that in palette swaps for Smash, it stands out more IMO.
This as well. Probably why I like red Robin more than blonde or pink- her hair is more different from the default. Same with all of Lucina's alts.

If they do a Lucas commander costume, they could also
give us a differently-colored version with Claus's colors, since his coat is more gray and so forth.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
While I'm not sure if we will get anyone other than mewtwo, I will be curious to see what the CSS will look like with just one extra guy kind of sticking out, if it looks too goofy I might just have to believe others will be on the way.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This has given me hope for Wolf and Lucas. It is very much possible to port data from Brawl.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It may be a bit unlikely, but I'll never give up on Lucas!

Maybe I'll get disappointed if it doesn't happen. But on the other hand, if it does happen, I'd be overjoyed.
But we'll see, I guess. It's kinda fun to see what happens. People keep saying things like "don't get your hopes up" and stuff like that. But grasping at straws is one of the most fun things when trying to predict what might be in the game.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
So I've been on this forum when it was up and running, and now that mewtwo is back as dlc, I can safely say there is possibly more to come, including Lucas. Also, would it be a crime if I said, "All aboard the hype train, again!"?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
The Ice Climbers veteran thread for Smash 4 got a fancy new title and OP. I think Lucas and the other veterans should have the same treatment.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I see a lot of people bringing up that his chances are lowered as Ness has Lucas' specials as custom moves.

Quite frankly, I don't think that would be an issue. First off; why would it really matter? Aside from the specials, Lucas has a lot ot differenciate himself from Ness. So what, give him some of Ness specials as custom moves. There's a few characters that have overlapping specials like that (Mario/Luigi/Dr.Mario, Marth/Lucina, Pit/DarkPit, Fox/Falco).

I think the BIGGEST obsticle in Lucas' way is that MOTHER 3 was never (officially) localized, and how the japanese crowd is rather divided when it comes to the game.

Either way, I ain't giving up hope.
'cuz, y'know, there's two ways of looking at something: you can either say "oh, it's pointless, why bother" and nothing will happen. OR you could say "I'm gonna keep on hoping and maybe, just maybe something will happen". I feel your attitude torwards something can make a difference. This philosophy can really be applied to many things, not just silly things like what will be on the roster of a video game. So hang in there people! :)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I think the BIGGEST obsticle in Lucas' way is that MOTHER 3 was never (officially) localized, and how the japanese crowd is rather divided when it comes to the game.
The funny thing with that obstacle was that Lucas was initially added despite such an obstacle existing in a first place... Meaning why on earth would it matter now if it never mattered then? His biggest obstacle isn't even a thing that exists!

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
The funny thing with that obstacle was that Lucas was initially added despite such an obstacle existing in a first place... Meaning why on earth would it matter now if it never mattered then? His biggest obstacle isn't even a thing that exists!
I believe Lucas' inclusion was decided before MOTHER 3 was released. So at the time they made the roster, they didn't have any feedback.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
At any rate, I'm just glad Lucas might be coming back. Properly balanced, too, so he doesn't have a nearly useless PK Freeze and have normals with low knockback. If they fixed those things Lucas could be perfect.

Shaymikyu

Remember guys Mewtwo had a trophy...... So did :pichumelee::popo:
:lucas::wolf:All bets are on :')
I'd actually love for :pichumelee: to return and be vastly improved. Pichu is one of my favorite Pokémon.

If this isn't just special treatment for Mewtwo, I think at least :wolf: is a given. :popo: could come back if Sakurai finds a way to implement them into the 3DS version. :pt: sadly seems unlikely (though I'd love a moveset based around the game's items). I doubt :squirtle: and :ivysaur:, but if they make many DLC characters, I wouldn't say they're impossible. :snake: sadly had rights issues, so he's likely gone even now. :lucas: and :roymelee: have their own western fanbases despite not seeing their games in the west, so I wouldn't doubt them, though they're Japan-only status could hold them back, especially with so many Fire Emblem characters already in :roymelee:'s case. I doubt we'll see :pichumelee: (being a joke character) and :younglinkmelee: (because :4tlink:), but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'd actually love for :pichumelee: to return and be vastly improved. Pichu is one of my favorite Pokémon.

If this isn't just special treatment for Mewtwo, I think at least :wolf: is a given. :popo: could come back if Sakurai finds a way to implement them into the 3DS version. :pt: sadly seems unlikely (though I'd love a moveset based around the game's items). I doubt :squirtle: and :ivysaur:, but if they make many DLC characters, I wouldn't say they're impossible. :snake: sadly had rights issues, so he's likely gone even now. :lucas: and :roymelee: have their own western fanbases despite not seeing their games in the west, so I wouldn't doubt them, though they're Japan-only status could hold them back, especially with so many Fire Emblem characters already in :roymelee:'s case. I doubt we'll see :pichumelee: (being a joke character) and :younglinkmelee: (because :4tlink:), but I wouldn't say it's impossible.
So at the very least these 3 are most expected :popo::lucas::wolf: I can deal with that :) "my mains" secret biased towards them XD

Shaymikyu

So at the very least these 3 are most expected :popo::lucas::wolf: I can deal with that :) "my mains" secret biased towards them XD
I adore Lucas (obviously) and the Ice Climbers, and while I rarely played as him, I certainly don't object to Wolf.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Honestly, what I really think will determine at least Lucas' and wolf's fate is how many people buy the game, possibly in response to a free mewtwo now. And how much money Nintendo rolls in with Mario kart dlc. If dollar signs light up in Nintendo's eyes you know we will be getting somebody.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Honestly, what I really think will determine at least Lucas' and wolf's fate is how many people buy the game, possibly in response to a free mewtwo now. And how much money Nintendo rolls in with Mario kart dlc. If dollar signs light up in Nintendo's eyes you know we will be getting somebody.
If that was the case we can expect Wolf & Lucas very soon this version will sell :)
If it doesn't sell very well I will eat an amiibo XD
I want this to be real so badly :')

it's only missing two things:popo::')

Last edited:

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
So what if the Doc and Mewtwo are the beginning of things, if Mewtwo's going to be changed a lot, along with a new model, you think they could do the same for Lucas,Wolf etc?

Servine

Smash Cadet
I don't think Ness having Lucas's specials means too much. PK Freeze still has the physics and graphics of PK Flash, rather than being a completely different move. And Lucas can definitely have a reworked special moveset. Going off my PSI information from Mother 3...
Neutral B- PK Love (could be a PK Freeze clone or an entirely different move, either works)
Side B- PK Fire (Ness doesn't have Lucas's PK Fire variant)
Up B- PK Thunder (Lucas doesn't have much of an option here)
Down B- There's a lot of room for moves here, so here are some options.
Counter (just a plain old counter)
Shield (It could be a limited use move that slightly reduces your knockback/damage for a bit)
PK Ground (It could summon shockwaves around him, this could also work as a down smash)

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
maybe that Duck hunt trailer really is hiding Lucas <3 :'D
I appreciate your enthusiasm, it's really a nice change from people being all bummed out about the cuts.
But I think you're a little TOO optimistic there.

I doubt we'll see Lucas, or any DLC characters in or after the Duck Hunt Duo trailer.
But I'm still carefully optimistic that we might see Lucas (and Wolf) as DLC somewhere along the line, just not right away. Maybe a few months after Mewtwo goes live.
But I would love to be wrong and see 'em earlier, but implementing characters takes time, so no need to rush.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Lucas will probably be early DLC, which I'm ecstatic about. I love me some Mother 3.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Lucas will probably be early DLC, which I'm ecstatic about. I love me some Mother 3.
Good Grief I hope your right :')
I also think he's got a great shot what with this most likely retuning to compensate to 8-player Smash:npc: And if it does return it will most likely have the love song remix.
He's on his Way, Pk Love all day.
PK FWEEZE FOR LIFE :')

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Although New Pork City was a pain in the butt sometimes due to its largeness, I still brings up good memories due to all the Mother 3 references and being able to fight with Mother 3 music in the background as well as Snowman. I feel like we would lose all of that with just Onett. So I hope if Lucas is DLC, we will get some Mother 3 stage, even if it is NPC.

Also, Magicant was strangely missing in the direct when listing the 3ds stages.

Top Bottom