• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas potential to be move swapped version of Ness

R-E-D

Smash Rookie
All of this is under the assumption that custom moves for DLC characters will be released. From what it looked like in the trailer, Lucas's special moves were all just Ness' custom moves (pk fire variation, pk freeze, pk thunder and pk magnet from lucas) so if Lucas recieves custom moves, it may also be possible that they'll be ness' regular moves, thus creating a completely swappable moveset between the two such as having Lucas' A moves while having ness' pk fire and magnet. This may turn out completely useless with their probable difference in control but it's still a very interesting concept to me.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I'd prefer not to be able to use Ness's regular moves... this isn't going to happen.

Specials are all I care about, and I don't even use customs.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I already made a potential custom moveset before.
Neutral B:
PK Flash - Green PK Freeze with no freeze but more damage.
Rising PK Freeze - Rises up constantly. Less damage.

Side B:
PK Roast - Less range, but hits more than once.
PK Bonfire - Does more damage, but less range.

Up B:
Rolling PK Thunder - Colored black and similar to Ness's
Shocking PK Thunder - Colored green and more damage, but less control.

Down B:
Protective PSI Magnet - Ness's PSI Magnet.
PSI Vaccuum - similar to Ness's PSI Vaccuum, but in front of him and more damage.

Last edited:

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
All of this is under the assumption that custom moves for DLC characters will be released. From what it looked like in the trailer, Lucas's special moves were all just Ness' custom moves (pk fire variation, pk freeze, pk thunder and pk magnet from lucas) so if Lucas recieves custom moves, it may also be possible that they'll be ness' regular moves, thus creating a completely swappable moveset between the two such as having Lucas' A moves while having ness' pk fire and magnet. This may turn out completely useless with their probable difference in control but it's still a very interesting concept to me.
Doesn't matter. Every move other than B specials are different and make his playstyle completely unique compared to Ness.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Doesn't matter. Every move other than B specials are different and make his playstyle completely unique compared to Ness.
creating a completely swappable moveset between the two such as having Lucas' A moves while having ness' pk fire and magnet. This may turn out completely useless with their probable difference in control but it's still a very interesting concept to me.
This is not the case, though. OP is just expressing interest in the possibility of playing as Lucas with Ness' specials, or vice versa, for the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
I know and I'm stating it doesn't really matter because either way it's going to be complete different game play both ways. That's all. Regardless based on what I understand Lucas will not have customs so it's a pointless concept provided by the OP anyhow.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I know and I'm stating it doesn't really matter because either way it's going to be complete different game play both ways. That's all. Regardless based on what I understand Lucas will not have customs so it's a pointless concept provided by the OP anyhow.
Dude... That's what OP is implying. Mashing up both of their unique gameplay mechanics into one thing. He isn't implying they are the same characters if that is what you're saying.

And we don't know for sure if we're not getting customs for DLC fighters yet. It has not been confirmed 100% either way. We could be getting them in an update. I don't know. You don't know.

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
Like I said that's what I heard from multiple sources. I never said it was 100% confirmed. Also didn't realize the OP was implying his concept was completely pointless (which I don't think he was) but regardless that was my point.

Thanks for blindly implying and assuming things I never stated though. Later!

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Like I said that's what I heard from multiple sources. I never said it was 100% confirmed. Also didn't realize the OP was implying his concept was completely pointless (which I don't think he was) but regardless that was my point.

Thanks for blindly implying and assuming things I never stated though. Later!
lol nono, I meant OP was implying that both the gameplay of Ness and Lucas would be very different with the other one's specials.

Also, I fail to see when I blindly assumed something? You're the one who said it was a pointless topic that he brought up. I was simply saying that it wasn't for sure either way.

Calm down man. :p

Lysergic

Smash Cadet
I'm calm; in fact almost told you to chill lol.

You felt the need to state I don't know if it's 100% or not when I never did or assume it was; which I felt was kind of an awkward thing to say. You also said what I stated was exactly what the original poster was stating or something. You just worded your post poorly I guess, I don't know.

Regardless it's all good, I just think you took my post wrong and got offended or something. We're all friends here man, no need to get offended. Peace.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I'm calm; in fact almost told you to chill lol.

You felt the need to state I don't know if it's 100% or not when I never did or assume it was; which I felt was kind of an awkward thing to say. You also said what I stated was exactly what the original poster was stating or something. You just worded your post poorly I guess, I don't know.

Regardless it's all good, I just think you took my post wrong and got offended or something. We're all friends here man, no need to get offended. Peace.
My bad, I think we both read the posts wrong. I thought you misread the first post and I was attempting to explain to you exactly what OP was saying.

Of course, this is the internet and so we're both obligated to be slightly hostile towards anyone who seems to disagree with us. If I seemed like that, I apologize, and I assure I was only trying to help out a bit.

We both goofed a bit here, but yeah, I agree. We're all fans of Lucas here.

Have a good night my man.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Ness' alt moves that are similar to Lucas' are useless.
Have fun with that snail-paced PK Freeze.

Top Bottom