• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Match Ups - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Well, Aevin's guide is very extensive and even has a place for match ups, so if he wants to use some of the information from this one that would be great. Also, I haven't had much exposure to Fox or Falco, sorry.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Well, Aevin's guide is very extensive and even has a place for match ups, so if he wants to use some of the information from this one that would be great. Also, I haven't had much exposure to Fox or Falco, sorry.
I'm glad you liked the guide. I didn't mean to try to get in your way, or anything. We've both fought different opponents, and I think having more than one source is good for getting different viewpoints. Besides, since the guide is for Lucas AND Ness, this is a great place to have Lucas strategies for every opponent. It's looking really good so far.

S623

Smash Apprentice
I've got a match-up question. Does anyone have any impressions against Olimar? If not, I'll get some.

Also, does anyone know if Zap-Tapping is a viable recovery option? Thanks!

KafKa

Smash Rookie
I don't get why people can analyze fights and draw conclusions already.
I think it's way too early to say how well Lucas does against other characters.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
... Um, thanks, but isn't this the wrong place? Or did you mean Mikezor?

KafKa--Many of us are playing the Japanese Brawl extensively, and that's where we're drawing our information.

Devenski

Smash Rookie
(My report on how I counter Olimar on allisbrawl)

Well, My 2v2 partner, Mattshield plays Olimar and he is definatley the most annoying character in the game.
Just a brief overview of his moves/advanced moves.
His chain grab will get you, watch out for it. It looks just like his down a smash.
They'll try to keep you off the edge with their up B, kill their pikmin so they cant use it (I use my baseball bat if I'm at a range)
When he picks out his pikmin, if he has too many out and trys to pull one he'll 'fall over' rush him fast!

Okay. What I do.

When I play mattshield, if I play aggresive it just shield rolls and lets his pikmin beat on me, its VERY hard to hit Captain Olimar through his roll, so don't do that unless you can spare the damage and you want to get him worried.
When he chain grabs you, roll behind him and short hop -> PK Fire and if hes high enough %, then shoot a PK Thunder and keep comboing him with it until he hits the ground.
Basically, you want to fight it at a range. If its a good Olimar, hes going to throw his Pikmin at you to block your PK Fire spam so, whenever I PK Fire I short hop and then do it, It seems much faster, So I usually fake a few of them.
PK Thunder the **** out of them, if you miss, make it hit the ground ASAP!

Jaxx

Smash Cadet
Could I add something about the dedede. He has a considerable hard time consistantly chain grabing Lucas. If you proper di you have a chance to roll out of it, or spam a attacks

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
LMFAO! I just realized I got an infraction for saying MikeZ suuuuuuuuuucks.

Whichever moderator did that musta been trying out their newfound superpowers. Epic failure on their part, that wasn't flaming, that was joking between friends.

Why have so many failures been appointed mods recently?

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
V.S. Zelda:
Well I've played a Zelda, and this person was good with her, but not great. He often used the Din's fire to knock me off and kill me when i was in the air. But after a while, i started to PSI magnet the Fire and gain some %. This was very helpful. Zelda's up smash can hit you when you are close to it, even if you aren't jumping, so i recommend using projectiles when she does this. If you are caught in it, prepare to lose some vital %, because that thing is amazing. A good Zelda could probably predict your PK fire/Thunder/Ice and use the Neutral B. So becareful and be cautious of this.

Top Bottom