• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas is D tier

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I got curious on the Pit boards seeing a thread similar to this based on the Japanese tier list.

Lucas places at D tier position #26. He holds D tier with Bowser and him alone. Though the funnier aspect is Lucas is above Ness in the Japanese tier list.

What the heck are we doing wrong over here?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231731

Thoughts?

Kole

Smash Lord
He's only a few spots above where he is on our list. :x

he prolly has a bit more rep over there

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yea but i wonder what makes them think he is better than Ness and putting him in his own tier alone with just Bowser.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
yea but i wonder what makes them think he is better than Ness and putting him in his own tier alone with just Bowser.
Isn't it to show that Lucas/Bowser is borderline between Mid Tier and Low Tier? Just in case TO's wish to include those characters?

It's nothing big though. To be honest, I think Lucas should be a couple spots lower on our tier list.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hm maybe your right Tokaio about the boderline thing.

:O Tokaio noooo don't go to the dark side. Stay positi......not even I can about Lucas ;_;

Until he gets better rep he should move down a bit.

and your right it's nothing drastic like with Pit being S tier (which is still "....huh?") but curious nonetheless.

Also the best Japanese Lucas is fun to watch on yt

Chuee

Smash Hero
Probably the same reason why Ness is there in our tier list.
Rep.
Though I think I saw a pretty good Japanese Lucas that had some neat Bair tricks.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
idk why but I think Bowser/Lucas are right being next to each other.

Just me lol.

If you type into youtube, "Taiheita" you will see some vids of a pretty rapin Lucas o_o

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8nfIrKjdKM

taiheita dusterslides at 1:53!

japanese players:

-more aggressive, they rack damage slowly by flooding the opponent with attacks, never give any breathing space. when they're far away, they're pk firing. then they're up close, they don't mind getting only one hit of dair or one-two hits of nair in.

-they also don't care what attacks they use, as long as it's an attack. be it dair, nair, uair, fair, bair, as long as it hits, they use it.

-they abuse lucas' weird momentum mechanics more. i used to think that a turnaround non-wavebounced pk fire was useless, guess not.

-they're also more crazy with movement. onstage, offstage, it's all back and forth. instead of recovering directly to the ledge, at 3:05 kiida doublejump airdodges before tethering. their battles are really fast-paced and crazy that way.

-even with b-stick, their air control is amazing.

-they've mastered all of lucas' ATs. they shoot pk fires in tons of ways, and can even dusterslide when none of you guys can. that's japan for you.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8nfIrKjdKM

taiheita dusterslides at 1:53!

-they've mastered all of lucas' ATs. they shoot pk fires in tons of ways, and can even dusterslide when none of you guys can. that's japan for you.
Correction: at 1:53 it's not really a duster slide, it's more of a ledge hop using the rope snake, i've done this a few times. (it's hard to tell the difference bc of the pixelated video but it's different) He does dusterslide though at 2:10.

And i can dusterslide, just not consistently yet. :( It's harder to dusterslide with Y as your grab button, but i'm working on it and i'm getting used to the timing :)

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i realized that a bit after i made that post but nevermind, it's almost the same, just probably about a few frames slower. they're both quick ways to get onstage from the ledge without using any of those slow commands.

Top Bottom