• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas: High tier material?

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
lucas is amazing, but i'm having TONS of self destructs :-(

GofG

Smash Champion
lucas is amazing, but i'm having TONS of self destructs :-(
Are you playing online? PKT is fairly hard to control when you have 1-2 seconds of lag, as me and SIMNA found out last night. (Lol name dropping ftw, i can't believe i was actually playing Simna, the man himself, over wifi.) Of course, it might be that you just aren't any good at aiming PKT, in which case, you will get better with time.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I seriously hated Lucas when I first saw him...

But after playing the game, I've found that he is more than tolerable, and I will, Probably, main him

His aerial game is FLAWLESS
His running attack is great for spacing
His smashes are BRUTAL and really powerful, Up-Smash's range is RIDICULOUS
His specials ALL have a use, in some situation or another
His combo potential is over 9000!!!
His FS (much to my surprise) is nearly unavoidable
And Orange hair (ala Claus) rocks

gsusfreak

Smash Rookie
anyone who has played me can say that lucas certainly has potential......but then again...that can be said for everyone...because it all comes down to the actual player and what he can do with it.....remember, smash has always been a mind game

mNag

Smash Rookie
I prefere Ness' f-dash, fair, bair and pkt to lucas'.

I'm definately more proficcient with Ness still, but that's because I'm so familiar with him. Lucas' dair is probably my new favorite attack. Also lucas has a far superior up and down smash that I'm trying to work into combos.

Although Lucas has a wicked dair, I miss the ability to meteor smash that Ness has. Also PK Thundering, with Ness, works great as a poorman's juggle for opponents that are a little stronger in the air. For more competitive fights I think I might prefere Lucas, but for average schmucks, it's too easy to school people with Ness still for me.

EDIT: I should note, the air game seems much more important than it was for melee and I feel Lucas' power in the air is greater, but his lack of a meteor smash might be a back breaker.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
EDIT: I should note, the air game seems much more important than it was for melee and I feel Lucas' power in the air is greater, but his lack of a meteor smash might be a back breaker.
Not to nitpick, but Lucas has TWO meteor smashes. The third hit when of his Dair when sweetspotted is a (kind of weak) meteor, and the last hit of his Back Air is a GREAT meteor.

mNag

Smash Rookie
hm... I noticed on his dair that you can fire them down... but not with enough force to finish someone at 150% who plays any good so really I don't think you can count that. I didn't notice his bair meteor'd, I'll have to check that out.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
dair can spike and kill way before 150%.
And the spike doesn't necessary have to straight out kill. It has enough knockback that it'll screw with most of the characters recovery.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
hm... I noticed on his dair that you can fire them down... but not with enough force to finish someone at 150% who plays any good so really I don't think you can count that. I didn't notice his bair meteor'd, I'll have to check that out.
It's the third hit on his dair, and i can kill someone at 70-80% with it.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I love how 75% of the character boards have a "omg, character X looks top tier!" thread. I saw one in the Yoshi boards, for crying out loud! Just goes to show that the game (so far) seems to be pretty well balanced... or that everyone is living in a fantasy, lol.

Until we break the game engine, of course, and find something that gives a few characters a clear advantage. XD
Ha, jerk. What's so crying out loud about yoshi being top tier? let me go english and call you an ignorant bloke. Ha, but yeah lucas has a better chance because I'm one of the mere 25 yoshi mainers out there. Lucas PWNS

Izzy-B.E.Z-

Smash Rookie
I always enjoy jumping and doing dair goin upwards in my jump and It is great when it ends up ending in a meteor smash dair =D Lucas definately my new main, not only that his bair is a nice meteor smah with some practice, thats 2 meteor smashes =D

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Ha, jerk. What's so crying out loud about yoshi being top tier? let me go english and call you an ignorant bloke. Ha, but yeah lucas has a better chance because I'm one of the mere 25 yoshi mainers out there. Lucas PWNS
you sir are right, lucas does pwn. In fact i always find myself playing with him, whether i want to or not i just gravitate towards him because he is so nasty haha

mith

Smash Rookie
Back in very early February, I was trying out all the new chars on my friends japanese version. None of the characters were sparking my interest at all. Thats when I came to Lucas.

Five minutes later I declared Lucas my main, LoL. This guy is a beast and fun as hell to play.

To be perfectly honest, his Bair sold me. I exclusively played only mario in melee, so any form of jumping aerial spike I'll love. Lucas has two!

Erro

Smash Rookie
Is there a thread anywhere explaining all of the lingo? Such as spacing, tethering, dair, etc...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Well, Lucas IS the King of the Smash Ball. PK Thunder breaks the thing in practically one shot if you have half decent aim. His air moves are lightning fast, and PK Fire is a great crowd clearer. He's my number 4, as you can see in my sig ^^

P.S.: PK Starstorm is MUCH better than I thought it would be. If only it worked well on New Pork City X<

Story-Tyme

Smash Rookie
Lucas is nasty.

I'm saying Lucas has a decent shot at high tier prestige, I'm a decent player, was a good Melee player as well. If you don't believe thatn Lucas has potential and you are in the South Jersey or nearby low lag areas let's 1v1, perhaps I'll be able to change your mind.

Top Bottom