• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Grab bug

ThirstenHunger

Smash Rookie
Im not a vet with the lingo but I've been playing smash competitively since melee so forgive me if I misspeak.

Today in a 1 v 1 on I noticed Lucas's grab will actually allow him to grab from his back hand at the end of the animation. Not sure if his whole body is supposed to be the grab, but I always thought I was like ZSS. I know the grab lingers out there for quite a long time, but I've never seen him grab from completely behind before and damn near at the end of the animation at that. IDK if this is the right place for this either, maybe this should be in the lucas char dis forum? Anyways...

thanks

Revven

FrankerZ
This isn't a bug and is a universal "feature". Every character's standing grab can grab characters that are behind them

ThirstenHunger

Smash Rookie
This isn't a bug and is a universal "feature". Every character's standing grab can grab characters that are behind them

Well im aware that a grab works as long as the enemy is touching the person grabbing even if they are majority behind them. Maybe its just exaggerated with lucas because his grab lingers for a longer period of time. It just doesnt seem right with the flow of the game to short hop over an attempted dash grab and because of the animation lag still be grabbed while the snake is fully extended and only lucas' back hand is touching you. I've tried to duplicate this with ZSS and cant...same with both links...i really dont think its a "bug" per say, but maybe a small oversight in the accuracy of the grab hit boxes with lucas since his throw animation lasts much longer than most

Top Bottom