• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario vs. DDD (4) EXPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^ I agree with most of that except for Snake. But other than that, it seems pretty clear that these matchups get marginally harder.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
I would agree with D3 and olimar being on the same level of difficulty, but snake is really not that bad IMO. Unless all the snakes just suck in the NW.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Naw, it isn't just that we have bad snakes. There's a lot of videos (including of Ally vs. Lee) where they've had close matches. Ally wins the first one, but Lee wins the second (and he doesn't switch, lol). Lots of other videos too, and I don't even agree with how they're played out, and I think it's safe to say that it is only a slight advantage for snake if lucario pulls the right tricks.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
^ agreed.

BTW, what happened on the 3rd match? Ally won the 1st, Lee won the 2nd (he counterpicked battlefield vs snake!! and won!! lolz), but theres no 3rd match up

Timbers

check me out
not to downplay Lee or Ally, but I do think Ally was really unfamiliar with the Lucario matchup. No punishing Luc dair oos first game, overly aggressive against Luc, no attempts at edgeguarding from the stage, and always spammed into the second hit of ftilt no matter what (very difficult for Luc to punish Snake if he's spacing with only first ftilt and not throwing his hurtbox into Luc with the second hit) and just overall dying to really dumb **** lol (rolling into fsmash)

You could very well be right in your matchup numbers but using that set alone as example is really hard to accept lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh no, I'm just saying that it is a decent example. There's a few other vids out there, like if you really want to, Chillin and Azen (who both play really unorthodox in their match, snake uses lol [as in few] amount of explosives and just goes close combat, and Azen mains Azen). I'm pretty sure there's some other, more legitimate ones out there that could demonstrate what I'm talking about.

Timbers

check me out
Anything from '08 is outdated because Snakes were stupid and didn't know how to use nades at all, which was why even I believed this matchup to be even at the time. Any Snake that either aggros Luc or doesn't use nades is a hella lot easier than a campy nade whoring one.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That's a lot of decent videos. I guess we'll have to wait for more recent ones of "bigger" names with lucario in them, huh? Besides, Ally is a nade crazy snake, even though he doesn't get too many lucarios (he has I think only like Wolfblade in his region or something, and he's not really "good" at lucario), he sure knows the ins and outs of that move.

btw, I'm starting to see some debatable reasons for 60:40 D3, but it seems to me almost like "63:37" lol.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
Lee vs DSF is another good one to watch.
Lee wins first match vs snake, loses second match to d3, then loses the third to snake.
He doesnt take the set but i think it shows that lucario can hold his own vs good snake players.

About D3: Like I said before, i am fine with the 60:40 as long as matchups like Marth/Snake get changed to like 45:55 or something because I really don't think they are even on the same level.

Here's my opinion, in order of difficulty for Luc's bad matchups:

Easiest >> Hardest

Snake, Marth, Metaknight, D3

I don't know where to put olimar in because honestly ive never played a really good oli player and I don't really have an opinion to give.

I play MK as well, and I <3 snake vs lucario--I use lucario over MK in that matchup.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and I completely forgot GW.

I actually like this matchup too, lolz. Not as much as snake, but I prefer Lucario over MK in this matchup.

I play against the best G&W in the northwest on a semi regular basis (once a month?) and I feel like this is a doable matchup (I lose to him, but not by that much)

ckm

Smash Journeyman
so to add Gdubs in, I would probably say (from easiest to hardest)

Snake, GW, Marth, MK, D3

with olimar added in somewhere

Jupz

Smash Master
DDD is hard for Lucario, although he combos Dedede easilly if he misspaces Dedede can get off a grab and punish him badly. He can gimp Lucario easily and ruins Lucarios camping by putting waddle dees on the ground. He lives the longest with DI so it could be a problem for Lucario, while he kills lucario around 115% with DI with a Utilt. 60:40 Dedede's favor IMO.

I'll hopefully post some more later.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've been practicing with Kev's new "D3", and even tho it's friendlies, I can say for myself at least this matchup is one of the harder 60:40s. I've gotten my inside pressure game and switchups to make it so I gain like at least 50% on him, but then I start losing steam and it is really hard to kill D3.
imo it goes like this from easiest > hardest:
G&W (ckm, Valdens loves doing predictions based on what you are doing with your controller after dthrow (at least that's what he did last tourney I fought him), it's so funny to switch at the last minute and see what he does), marth, snake (snake and marth are kind of evenish, maybe snake being harder), oli, MK, D3, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom