• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
People don't do that just cause someone beats M2K.
Honestly the person casuals look up too is Zero more than him these days. Which explains the millions of falcon mains now.

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
I dunno M2K wasn't doing very well against me, and I made tons of mistakes myself.

but It's still literally a dream come true.
Compared to what I've seen, that was still really really good. That last stock kill was just beautiful though, Steam.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hey, it's not bad being cynical.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
After watching that match between Steam and m2k, I realize my Lucario is currently trash lol. How did Steam USmash out of charging aura sphere? I've tried doing that but I always have to shield or something else first

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's a jump-canceled Usmash out of ASC. You didn't see the shield since he did it fast enough and I assume it was not streaming at 60fps.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
After watching that match between Steam and m2k, I realize my Lucario is currently trash lol. How did Steam USmash out of charging aura sphere? I've tried doing that but I always have to shield or something else first
Tap jump is your best friend. After you cancel the charge with sheid, input jump out of sheid and hit A in quick succession so the game thinks you're inputting a Up smash. It will take a bit of practice to do it fast enough for it to combo.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It can also be done with tap jump off, though you just need to add X/Y/whatever strange button you have mapped to jump. Probably not as "efficient" but meh.

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
People don't do that just cause someone beats M2K.
Honestly the person casuals look up too is Zero more than him these days. Which explains the millions of falcon mains now.
The millions of falcon mains is more of the combination of he is a good character and he has at least a thousand memes

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
He's good until you realize no kill setups and only good falcons that play him are the ones that get the best reads.
Otherwise yes again, falcon meme and Zero making "the plays that's never been seen before" while other people who been playing him since 3DS don't get recognized.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Speaking of Zero and Falcon (6:50)
Honestly, I think he did the right thing in calling out every Falcon player. Hopefully this is the push this community needs...

Last edited:

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
Speaking of Zero and Falcon (6:50)
Honestly, I think he did the right thing in calling out every Falcon player. Hopefully this is the push this community needs...
The only question is if it will work. I'm not sure if that was the best move on his part calling everybody trash. He is Zero, and his actions are arguably what keeps smash 4 popular in the future. Turning himself into a jerk like that could make him lose a lot of respect, which he needs to push the community forward. Of course, this could work perfectly and I could look like an idiot but I'm sure there are better ways to get people motivated than this.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Question.

Is aura sphere charge>sheild drop a thing yet? I haven't been following this site since I lost my internet for months..

Guys, please don't ignore this.

Think of this as an aura sphere charge sheild canceled into a jump. It is very useful and without it, there would only be the option of rolling or grabbing. ASC>jump has added many new options and has opened many new opportinuties, so much so that every lucario main does it.

Now, theres that same amount of NEW OPTIONS that aura sphere charge sheild canceled sheild drop OPENS UP. I'm serious that the stuff that i've been practicing i have NEVER seen anyone else do. Stuff like b-reversal onto a platform ASC canceled sheild drop to uair ALL WHILE KEEPING THE FORWAD MOMENTUM, to b-reversal to another b-reversal using that same momentum. THATS TWO BOUNCES FOR ONE JUMP. And thats not even HALF of what you can do with this.

Its like the total opposite of ASC>jump, you could even dsmash right out of it. All i have to say is that you better be dedicated, as this is in no way easy. But if you put in the time into it, it can open up even more options for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937

Think of this as an aura sphere charge sheild canceled into a jump. It is very useful and without it, there would only be the option of rolling or grabbing. ASC>jump has added many new options and has opened many new opportinuties, so much so that every lucario main does it.

Now, theres that same amount of NEW OPTIONS that aura sphere charge sheild canceled sheild drop OPENS UP. I'm serious that the stuff that i've been practicing i have NEVER seen anyone else do. Stuff like b-reversal onto a platform ASC canceled sheild drop to uair ALL WHILE KEEPING THE FORWAD MOMENTUM, to b-reversal to another b-reversal using that same momentum. THATS TWO BOUNCES FOR ONE JUMP. And thats not even HALF of what you can do with this.

Its like the total opposite of ASC>jump, you could even dsmash right out of it. All i have to say is that you better be dedicated, as this is in no way easy. But if you put in the time into it, it can open up even more options for you.
Could you show us some examples of this technique of...Well I'm not sure on what to call it. Just ASC> Sheild/Dodge? Idk

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Warning Received
wat.

make a video or send someone a replay

or you might just be full of it like mti

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
You should send a replay showing it on action.
<<<<<< Here is my NNID, you can add me and send me the replay.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This sounds complicated...I don't do complicated.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Could you show us some examples of this technique of...Well I'm not sure on what to call it. Just ASC> Sheild/Dodge? Idk
Aura sphere shield drop?

wat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1sbVuKksFUQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You should send a replay showing it on action.
<<<<<< Here is my NNID, you can add me and send me the replay.
^ link

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I sort of figured that is what you were talking about. It's flashy to say the least...

Could be useful though.

I need to practice shield dropping...

Last edited:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I sort of figured that is what you were talking about. It's flashy to say the least...

Could be useful though.

I need to practice shield dropping...
Lol its all flash. Super precise.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
wat.

LMAO
infracted for this when people are talking **** about zero, calling him lard and other insulting names
kill yourself mods

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol its all flash. Super precise.
Precise and flash do not belong together.

But yeah, I'm sure someone dedicated will figure something out.

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
Last edited:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Kudos for you!
This is completely worth to add in the guide!

I just need 2 things:
First, your permission to add it.
Second, How you do your shield drop input.

And of course, if you don't want this to be mentioned in the guide, I can comprehend it, I'll develop it on my own, but still give you credit for it.
Sure go ahead, anything for the community. Dont bother giving me credit though, I'm a nobody here anyway.

I learned it from the wiki http://www.ssbwiki.com/Shield_platform_dropping

Top Bottom