• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LoVo vs Forward ,Pros help me out

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
I watched the first one, and well you played it about as well as possible against someone as fast as him, its an incredibly hard matchup my only advice is to maybe up-b out of shield somemore, if for nothing else than to just create some space at times.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Wow. At first I though this would be some n00b getting ***** by forward, but then I saw you were really good. If you are good enough to almost beat forward on FoD, I have nothing to tell you.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the Vids they were great.From what I see counting in the fact that you were playing Foward you did great.From purely watching the video disregarding who you were playing your edgegaurding needs to be looked into some more.Just kidding that was a crazy edgegaurd using down smash in the falco fight.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lovo, I admire your dedication to link, playing him vs links probably two hardest matchups and doing so well, and vs forward!! And yes... you HAVE to stay out of the sheik triangle he was needling you like crazy.. but forward was playing like a freaking spider crawling around the platforms changing the triangles size/direction constantly....and forward.. your falcos too good and you make sheik look... fun somehow lol. Tips for vs his falco.. the way he was playing made it really tough to get away it seemed so i'm not sure what you could have done.. i don't really play link i playf laco and i'd probably like falco vs link very similarly, All i can say is falcos love when people shield and just running down you shield and following you with lasers/pillars builds their confidence real high and i feel i play better, try rolling more thats kinda frustrating i dont' really know sorry

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
I guess I got my answer with Link vs Space animal vids. :)
Bill I hope you're checking these out.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Great matches guys...

Lovo if you want to do better:
Upb more
Play a better character
-----seriously though-----
CC more... like a lot more. Took a long time for me to get it through my head and I still don't do it enough.

Sweet link though. I'm very impressed. Good dodge waits/predictions and all that jazz.

Forward
Come to Florida and teach me how to play. <3 your style

If you can't do that, then maybe you can tell me how the F to beat falco. there are some matches of me vs a mediocre FL falco coming up in the LTEC matches thread... and i just look like a ******. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated. Here's the thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=96399

EDIT guess those weren't recorded... still i'm dying for general knowledge on what to do vs falco.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
lol these matches remind me of forwards gas problem :D and recording Forward's C.o.c.k.

Kaiser-GL

Smash Journeyman
Lol stay under or on top of platforms vs sheik so u dont get needled, and expect falco to fall through platforms with another aerial, it gets very predictable and if you're expecting it, u dont allow him to mindlessly fall through platforms with more aerials. It's very easy to use falco like that versus people who dont know how to fight it. You killed yourself a lot and used wrong move choices such as arrows when you had openings to do whatever you wanted. Also dont try to fight sheik or falco from your shield, its better to roll away or not get hit in the first place. Dumb down your game and play more effective instead of trying to look flashy, you're already using a difficult character, trying to make it look good only hurts you, let the higher tiers who can afford to lose effectiveness look good.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
My brother has a mediocre Falco? :chuckle:, I know what you mean.

But I didn't get your matches with my brother recorded though Exarch, sorry bout that.

:urg:.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Your style really reminds me of Aniki... You obviously have experience playing falcos, and have an excellent link so I doubt there's a lot others can tell you. DI less predictably, and change things around often. Other than that, there's not too much to suggest aside from practice.

I loved your recoveries; you seem to be able to land a hookshot nearly every time, and you adapt and react really quickly and well.

Well done.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Lol stay under or on top of platforms vs sheik so u dont get needled, and expect falco to fall through platforms with another aerial, it gets very predictable and if you're expecting it, u dont allow him to mindlessly fall through platforms with more aerials. It's very easy to use falco like that versus people who dont know how to fight it. You killed yourself a lot and used wrong move choices such as arrows when you had openings to do whatever you wanted. Also dont try to fight sheik or falco from your shield, its better to roll away or not get hit in the first place. Dumb down your game and play more effective instead of trying to look flashy, you're already using a difficult character, trying to make it look good only hurts you, let the higher tiers who can afford to lose effectiveness look good.
Kaiser is too good.

Good **** though Lovo, Kaiser hit points I would have, actually more than I would have.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
nah buddy thats how lovo plays hes not trying to be flashy SON!

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Pretty cool vids, fun watch. Forward is a beast at attacking! Perhaps you can try to mix up your game from time to time and slow, or attempt to slow, his approaches down and try to slow the game speed down in general. When Falco goes on the offensive with heaps of confidence and into "combo mode" he's nearly impossible to stop.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i'm no pro, but i have a playing style note for something i saw working, then you not doing it and getting killed:

patience

kind of like what doug was saying...on your first kill, you patiently waited for a good opportunity to up+ out of your sheild, and it paid off. it was only seconds later, though, that you were on a platform, and decided to roll to getup after not teching, instead of waiting for forward to do the next move. i know it's hard to be patient, quick, and think intently all at the same time...it's a ridiculous demand, but you're a quick player with link, and you seem like a smart player, too, so just work on being patient when trying to create openings, because with a character like link sometimes trying to force an opening can be punished badly when it fails.

i hope that helps a little bit. if not, sorry. good luck, though, and your link was amazing to watch :)

derf

Smash Ace
wow these are amazing...genuinely amazing. the downthrow jab sequence in the 2nd sheik match was brilliant

crouch cancel more v sheik its the single biggest reason i quit just getting ***** by her. you could also crouch cancel falcos jabs out of your shield...or roll away before you get pinned

ehjay111

Smash Apprentice
maybe i got the videos wrong then. but whats the song called that goes on about little girls. Its like little girls make me feel good or something. Im pretty sure i heard it in one of these vids?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
maybe i got the videos wrong then. but whats the song called that goes on about little girls. Its like little girls make me feel good or something. Im pretty sure i heard it in one of these vids?
watch em again, I didn't add any songs to the videos. It's just the music from the game.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Lovo these matches are amazing, you guys are relentless in attacking =)

I hope to play you guys when I visit CO Springs sometime this year =D

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
I got nothing to say. I guess everything to say has been said already. Your Link is crazy good and I just don't feel right critiquing it in anyway. Seriously, too good.

Deva

Smash Lord
Nice Link, though I'm wondering what was up with all those self destructs from Forward. You still played well. My only advice is don't hesitate. There are times when you just kind of stood there when foreward landed on the stage. I was like "free combo/spin attack" and instead you dashed back from him. You did really well against his Falco despite his self destructs. I would say play faster but since you did so well I don't think it would have mattered much. Overall really good Link, but don't hesitate. it led you do doing random moves in random situations. I wouldn't call them mind games since you had free combo opportunities that you passed up. Still, doing that well against Forward deserves props.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Those are hard match ups man. Good Link by far. Tell your friend to pick link and you be falco an shiek. Wonder whos gonna win

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
man.. im a hardcore link main as well. i have similar problems against falco. forward is also an incredible player, having just watched him at cataclysm.

the latest videos of The Germ show him having the same troubles against falco.

the only things i can suggest are crouch canceling more, to open up a few more attack opportunities. also, spamming no charge arrows in the air can help counter the laser spam. im kind of stumped at this matchup as well :ohwell:

but if i figure more out ill gladly share with you.

Top Bottom