• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for some help with keeping Nana and Popo desynced

TinySpaceships

Smash Rookie
So I've gotten pretty decent at desyncing (I've read the tutorial about 10-15 times now before playing, go into training mode, then mess with PCs after some training mode) against computers but the trouble with that in comparison to playing human players is that it's much easier to desync against the computers.

What I'm finding when I play human players is that it's much more difficult to find that 1 second where they aren't attacking me so I can desync, and then I can't keep them desynced for very long once I do find that opportunity.

So I'm hoping that I can get some advice on how to manage this. I notice there's a lot of tutorials on desyncing Nana and Popo, but I haven't seen any on how to maintain the desync.

Does anyone have advice on how to do this?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Try to practice against real players more, this will help you learn to wall people out a little better. You have to focus on your opponent, where the holes in you wall are, and what they can/are going to do to try and counter it.

Also remember that being desynced isn't always good. Sometimes you need to be synced, a lot of time you only want to desync really quickly, then return to being synced. A lot of characters have ways of getting through things like blizzard wall, so you have to just be cautious with it.

As you start to get more experience against real players you will start understanding the micro-scenarios in regards to desync stuff a lot better, but it takes playing people to get down.
I also recommend watching top level ICs and looking at what positions they desync, why they desynced, how they desynced (which can be harder), and, if they got punished, why/how they were.

Last piece of advice, because I know I got in this habit early on, when you're desynced, you can do way more than just Iceblock/blizzard. Start playing around with things like smash attacks, aerials, tilts, w/e. practice staying desynced with every move you can.

Top Bottom