• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

While history may have been important for Clefairy in the past, there is the thought that Jigglypuff would most likely not be in Brawl at this point had she not been in Smash 64 or Melee, which kind of kills what little hope Clefairy had.

And even then, yes Clefairy is a popular manga character with his (I assume) slapstick rude comedy, there is another non-video game example of a Pokemon that is waiting in line; Meowth. Like manga Clefairy, anime Meowth is popular and relevant as well, and even HE is a bit of a long shot at this point.

But would Clefairy be interesting? More so than Jigglypuff IMO. It's just that Clefairy missed it's chance years ago. Kind of like how Mario came to be, when the Donkey Kong game that debuted him and the namesake ape was going to be a Popeye game instead.

Though you put a lot of effort into this, so I give you props on that.

jigglover

Smash Lord
No. Just no. Actually, I may as well give you reasoning as to why there is no chance of Clefairy getting in, just because I'm nice.
First of all I won't use the fact that it's pink and therefore a clone, because that really makes no sense. But the arguments you countered and mentioned are rubbish and the people who use them must be drunk as they type (no offense to anyone who's used the above arguments, I'm just assuming he made them up.)
Secondly, why? No one has thought about Clefairy before, maybe in 64 or melee, but not now. If he's one of the main three pokemon ever, don't you think he would have got in by now? I don't have a personal problem with it or anything, it's also the fact that nintendo/gamefreak hasn't showed any interest at making her stand out from the other 633(?) Pokemon in existence. She hasn't even been in every game like Pikachu or Jigglypuff have. Maybe Nintendo originally wanted Clefairy in the trio, then kicked her out to make a duo.
Thirdly, she has no chance against the competition. I will rate the Pokemon in order of popularity: Mewtwo, P&M, Zoroark, Meowth, PT, Dunsparce (hopefully as a troll,) Victini, Clefairy. (Tell me if I missed any out.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Clefairy seems like a Pokemon that's more meant to be given the Poke Ball status, considering its Metronome move. Of course, Togepi seemed to have replaced Clefairy there.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Clefairy had actually been the mascot of Pokemon instead of just being a main character in one manga, I would definitely agree that it should be playable (although it probably already would be), but as it stands now Clefairy is just one of the semi-popular Pokemon of many 1st gen Pokemon. Ignoring all the other gens, Clefairy still wouldn't be included before Mewtwo and Meowth.

I don't disagree Clefairy would be interesting and could work, but at this point it's unlikely we'll even get another playable 1st gen (not counting Mewtwo), and Clefairy really doesn't have that much going for her anymore compared to alot of potential Pokemon reps. I would like to see it as a Pokeball Pokemon again, but I think that's the most Clefairy will ever get.

jigglover

Smash Lord
If Clefairy had actually been the mascot of Pokemon instead of just being a main character in one manga, I would definitely agree that it should be playable (although it probably already would be), but as it stands now Clefairy is just one of the semi-popular Pokemon of many 1st gen Pokemon. Ignoring all the other gens, Clefairy still wouldn't be included before Mewtwo and Meowth.

I don't disagree Clefairy would be interesting and could work, but at this point it's unlikely we'll even get another playable 1st gen (not counting Mewtwo), and Clefairy really doesn't have that much going for her anymore compared to alot of potential Pokemon reps. I would like to see it as a Pokeball Pokemon again, but I think that's the most Clefairy will ever get.
To put it simply, this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom