• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Lock/Delete please; resolved) Hackless wii method freezes on stagebuilder every time

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Every time I select stage builder with the SD card inserted it looks like it's about to start then 2/3 of the screen turns green and the wii freezes completely. If I wait to insert the card until after I select stage builder it freezes when I select the card to check contents.

I've been googling and searching SWF for an hour but haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but my internet is down and searching on a phone suuuucks.

I'm using a physical copy of Brawl and a 2GB SD card. I was able to run Brawl- from the same card no problem. The frozen screen looks like this:

:phone:

Edit: Just noticed the picture is upside down. I am amazing.

Edit: 1984th post. Big Starman is watching you.

Ninjapanda

Smash Rookie
That's the momentary screen I get right before it loads for me. I wouldn't know anything else to do besides erasing all the content on the SD and re-installing to try again? :/

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
That's the momentary screen I get right before it loads for me. I wouldn't know anything else to do besides erasing all the content on the SD and re-installing to try again? :/
Thanks, I decided to try reformatting the SD card, noticed it was previously formatted to FAT (not FAT32). Hopefully this fixes it; if not I'm betting my Wii is the problem. My Wii is definitely on its deathbed (makes a loud buzzing sound at all times when there is any game disc inserted and frequently fails to read discs) so I'll try my Wii-U if it fails again. I only have the Wii-U gamepad and no actual controllers yet though so if it works I still won't get to play right away ):

Thanks again.

Edit: Just tried again, still doesn't work on the Wii, but it works fine on the Wii-U so my suspicions were confirmed. This thread can be locked.

Top Bottom