• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link/Y. Link Matchup

Peaches

Smash Lord
Suggestions, opinions, who has advantage? Because I usually seem to have more trouble than I should against the 2.

Chip.

you know what to do
Ha ha, Peaches. I'm actually surprised that you beat me in tournaments with your Peach. Perhaps it's the fact that I never train against them cuz' I always think it's an easy win. I took you for granted, and I regret that. Anyways, to put it simple, Young Link and Link have a superior advantage over her, which is spamming. Peach is a very slow char. so for YLink and Link, it's just easy target practice. Your turnips are a joke in comparison with their projectiles no offense, but it is one of your only defenses against them.

You have to find ways to fill in spaming gaps btween you and your opponents, like fast wavedashes. If your luckey, then you can start comboing the crap out've either of them.

Your d-smash isn't as useful as it should be either. Once you hit with the attack, then they can just shoot out their boomerang at the stage, to face it, and then use a hookshot. You need to crank up some edgegaurding pressure when they try to get back up.

But then again, I don't even use Peach, so what would I know :).

Peaches is awesome.

Mythos

Smash Cadet
In fact link has a big advantaged cuz my friend is playing link i learnd powershielding ...
helped out great :)
Also the air game in peach vs link works pretty well at higher percentages against Link.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to go with Peach on this. I play against Pine's YL fairly often and I usually do pretty good against him. I even beat him sometimes. People might say that that proves YL is better, but Pine has a very good YL and I can't beat any of his other mains.

So do with that what you will

Jash

Smash Lord
I think everyone knows about Colt right? I fought him one time in a tourney and he beat my Young Link with his peach. Some things i have seen him do against me is just one mind game that kept falling for =D. It was a Fair shuffle to the Dsmash, its SO fast. What i suggest is NEVER get hit by young links bomb, it won me a game from Colt. Once you get hit by his bomb, its like combo practice. Another thing is don't EVER float at young link with a slow attack *Fair* unless your doing some kind of mind game. If you do that with your % at zero, you WILL get Uair shuffled till like...60 and it hurts.If you know that her recovery is slow so the Uair shuffle mini infinite with Young Link Does work. If i find out anything else ill let you know ok bro? Hope i helped!

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
You'll just get pwnt if you run away. Its pretty difficult, but try and get as close as you can to them two. Especially against ones that are heavy spammers, they'll pull out a laggy bomb even if they're one foot away from you. Close range is really the only way to go, because turnips can't defend against bombs, arrows, and boomerangs. But I don't really know much about Peach. I just posted because Jash and Chip were here.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You should rush link and young link. Stay in their face, constantly stay close, and you can actually combo them and toss them around. Always give chase.

PeachFx

Smash Rookie
Either way, Link/YLink got insane range with some pretty cheap projectiles. That boomerang is always my bane. Charging in then smacked in the face with a boomerang or a bomb.

Top Bottom