• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lil Advice on how to improve

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hello All. I have been playing smash for like a year With all the techs. (L-cancel, wave dash,etc). But I feel Im improving very slowly. I just now started to improve to a level I should be playing. I only Play with Peach I dont know how to use any other chatacters. Zelda is my secondary but I dont use her alot these days. So yea I guess you can say I play with Zelda and know how to use her too. But I she is not as good as my Peach and my Zelda is not all that great anyway. I just now got the hang of Peaches FC. But I still have trouble with it. Like I Float to low for an attack, or im too close when I do one and ether get attacked or get grabbed. I read and watch many videos of these pro and japanese Peaches and try to learn from it but its hard. I have some one who is teacheing me her but. At times its hard. Like I think I dont have the mindgames to do what I need to do. Im at times too predictable and and times rush. and in certain situation. I have no idea what to do. For example. In a Peach ditto, if a Peach throws an trunip at me and im near the edge and she comes at me Dashing. I dont know what to do. so I shield and pay for it. See? cases like this I dont know how to react fast and save myself. I dont counter pic characters for my conters and dont want too. I belive Peach can beat all in the game and I want mine to do that. That how I got my name "Dark.Pch" cause im the only Peach around here that wont counter pic a stage or character. All hi tiers that can abuse her bad and C.Falcon as well I always use Peach. Even if I could play with other characters I would still use her.

Ok so to sum it all up My problem is.....

-I have slow mind reaction (my exmaple I gave up there is one way for you all to understand.

-not very good at tech skills. Every time I hit the florr I cant tech it right and just drop to the ground and get combed from there. (like with falco)

-Im not fast with Peach at times and my movement is kinda so and easy to read. Im kinda slow and dont really know how to throw my enemies off with my movement. times I try but do it to a point where it helps them get me or I do it all wrong and get killed for it.

- Certains I have no idea what to do when getting attack and all. I assume this can fall as the slow reaction part.

Well with all this said. How can I improve my Peach and fix all of these problems? Some say This problem is caused cause I use Peach only and know one else. Sure I said I use peach in all my battles with all characters but to improve her more (cause she is slow) I should play with others (outside of Zelda since she is another one I can kinda use but not all that good.) I tried useing others put they feel so wierd and I dont know how to put mindgames into them and I play with them as if I just started playing smash. So what should I do so i can play at a decent level and do what I have to do in matches and kill these problems I have here?

I know this is alot to read but I want to get better and I think at the rate im going with all that I said I have trouble wth, I wont make it far. So thanks for reading and all that leave tips and advice in advance. (and incase this pops up, yes I started going to tournaments more. so thats one way im working on this. but dont help much if I have these problems)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Peach is slow. Even the fastest aggressive Peaches I've seen can't make Peach move at blinding speeds, just fast enough to do really painful things to the enemy. Just learn the timings of your attacks to cut down standing time, I guess.

If you're getting combo'd, all you can do is DI, maybe Nair to try to break the combo, and hope you don't immediately die.

Main whoever you like, play whatever characters you feel like. Just figure out who you do best with and focus on those.

Ground-teching isn't difficult. Remember that you have 20 frames to hit the ground once you hit R or L; you don't have to time it right on, just a little early.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ah ok, thanks for this advice. Its olny a small % of helping me out so I'll need some more to fix the problems I said in this thread. But this did help. I'll work on it thanks

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Sounds to me as if you mainly just have mental barriers that keep you from focusing properly, but I really don't have any advice on how to take those down. For me on of the several walls just crumbles randomly while practicing/playing. That really involves having a clear state of mind towards the game as far as I can tell. So if you get frusterated while practicing, take a break; you won't get any better when you feel like defecating on your copy of Smash.

Also that advice about finding other characters to play is GREAT. Definitely find someone else you can get a handle on. For years I only played with Marth... no one else worked for me at all. (note that most of this time I was a noob.) and three months ago I tried Mario for the purpose of getting good with someone that will definitely be in Brawl. It turned out I liked how Mario handled better, and now I'm several times better with him than Marth. As I got better with Mario I found even more characters open to me (such as Luigi and Young Link, who are now my secondaries.)
The point is to not be pessimistic and limit yourself. Picking up other characters will simply enhance your knowledge of the game, and you may end up having a good secondary to mess around with.
I think the reason I picked up Mario so quickly is because he moved similarly to Marth, and thusly wasn't a huge adjustment. So for a Peach player trying out other floaties such as Jigglypuff, Luigi, etc. would probably work. I bet Samus would be a good shot as well.

Hopefully some of my rambling was helpful; good luck on improving!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sounds to me as if you mainly just have mental barriers that keep you from focusing properly, but I really don't have any advice on how to take those down. For me on of the several walls just crumbles randomly while practicing/playing. That really involves having a clear state of mind towards the game as far as I can tell. So if you get frusterated while practicing, take a break; you won't get any better when you feel like defecating on your copy of Smash.

Also that advice about finding other characters to play is GREAT. Definitely find someone else you can get a handle on. For years I only played with Marth... no one else worked for me at all. (note that most of this time I was a noob.) and three months ago I tried Mario for the purpose of getting good with someone that will definitely be in Brawl. It turned out I liked how Mario handled better, and now I'm several times better with him than Marth. As I got better with Mario I found even more characters open to me (such as Luigi and Young Link, who are now my secondaries.)
The point is to not be pessimistic and limit yourself. Picking up other characters will simply enhance your knowledge of the game, and you may end up having a good secondary to mess around with.
I think the reason I picked up Mario so quickly is because he moved similarly to Marth, and thusly wasn't a huge adjustment. So for a Peach player trying out other floaties such as Jigglypuff, Luigi, etc. would probably work. I bet Samus would be a good shot as well.

Hopefully some of my rambling was helpful; good luck on improving!
It did help, thanks. Guess I have something to do. Man this is gonna be a tuff one......

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Hand-Eye coordination can be overcome/improved with lots of practice. It just takes time.

Also, its fairly simple to keep your mind clear, but again, one needs to practice. Because feeling rushed/relaxed is bad. Thats something that screws me alot, as Doc. I get rushed and forget that Marth's sword will pwn my n-air no matter how fast I *think* I am doing it.

Related to that is just watching/focusing. Try and make sure you know where your opponent is in reation to you (not just where he is, where you are) That will help you keep spacing/timing better (and train your hand-eye coordination) There was a great thread on that somewhere here...

Playing with other characters does help a bit, but more because it lets you get a better understanding of the characters you are facing.

Regarding predictable movements. Even if you DD, unless you vary the speed and length, you are still moving in a controlled, easy to read manner. If you mix up the speed, length, and throw is WD's it becomes harder. Also, remember that DD doesn't mean you won't be hit. The point is to use it to provoke them to try and hit you, while not actually being in range. If your entire DD is within their attack, you'll still get hit. (This is common sense, but so many people think that DDing automatically will make their game better)

Hope this helps!

TURF

Smash Cadet
for the whole "thinking too slowly" thing or "feeling rushed" a lot of people bring an ipod and put on music that just takes their game to another level. some people have a couple beers. a lot of people smoke weed. lol i feel like a horrible influence but i'm not trying to get you to do anything like that i'm just saying see what puts you in your game.

i know when i smoke, i am immediately better at any game. i hyperfocus. sometimes i have to change my name to TURF.No.Jutsu. (no technique, i believe) because of my amazing gameplay lol.

anyway sometimes people just need something outside of tactics to improve their gameplay. try drinking a red bull. maybe it'll give peach wings.

i doubt this was helpful but it was fun to write lol. good luck on your quest i hope you make it so i can play you one day.

Sensai

Smash Master
It sounds to me like you just have trouble playing Peach, which is completely understandable - she's a weird character to play, what with all the float cancelling and such. I used to play Fox but realized about the same things you did; I wasn't going fast enough, my mindgames weren't up to par, he didn't fit my playstyle, etc...I switched over to Ganon, who I'm infinitely better with.

Also, it's incredibly difficult to play just one character and be ready for all situations. Every character has bad match-ups, so it makes sense that you need someone else to cover all the bases. As I said earlier, I main Ganon meaning slower based game, more mindgame-y, and it really really suits me in every way; I'm still having fun playing Ganon, even after about a year of it. But back to my point: Ganon gets owned by Sheik, so instead of just struggling through it (which I did for a bit, failing miserably) I've decided to pick up another character to beat Sheik and Falco.

Wow, long read. My bad. Main point of the article is that you should try to get interested in your character. Whether that means changing characters, like I did, or just having a break through is up to you, although it sounds like you're not having any amount of fun playing the way you are now. Try playing someone on the other end of the spectrum, technically speaking, and then go back to Peach. It worked for me and Fox.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It sounds to me like you just have trouble playing Peach, which is completely understandable - she's a weird character to play, what with all the float cancelling and such. I used to play Fox but realized about the same things you did; I wasn't going fast enough, my mindgames weren't up to par, he didn't fit my playstyle, etc...I switched over to Ganon, who I'm infinitely better with.

Also, it's incredibly difficult to play just one character and be ready for all situations. Every character has bad match-ups, so it makes sense that you need someone else to cover all the bases. As I said earlier, I main Ganon meaning slower based game, more mindgame-y, and it really really suits me in every way; I'm still having fun playing Ganon, even after about a year of it. But back to my point: Ganon gets owned by Sheik, so instead of just struggling through it (which I did for a bit, failing miserably) I've decided to pick up another character to beat Sheik and Falco.

Wow, long read. My bad. Main point of the article is that you should try to get interested in your character. Whether that means changing characters, like I did, or just having a break through is up to you, although it sounds like you're not having any amount of fun playing the way you are now. Try playing someone on the other end of the spectrum, technically speaking, and then go back to Peach. It worked for me and Fox.
Your ite. i dont have much fun at times. I lose to do things. Other day I played a Peach who Dsmashes like crazy but also does FC and uses her well. and I try to look at him and all but just cant seem to react fast and etc. Its really depressing how you try to give it your all and it fails bad. I lose to others in cases like this. then get bad mouthed, bad remakes and think I cant complete my goal for the person in my sig. its really hard. and I just dont feel at times that I have what it takes to belong in the smash world. I said I go all out but.............I just dont know how. . And I refuse to let her down. I dont really get much support at times. so maybe it might be the cause of all of this........but I do keep trying.....

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Wow, with the attitude you're displaying, I can see why this is giving you so much trouble. Think POSITIVELY and have fun. Having a depressed defeatist attitude hands you a failure almost guaranteed from the start. If you make a big mistake in a match, take a mental note of it, but don't let it get you down. Look at it as something new and exciting to work on.

If the person in your sig. really cares for you and/or your happiness, they would not be upset over you simply trying other characters in a video game... so I still suggest attempting that.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow, with the attitude you're displaying, I can see why this is giving you so much trouble. Think POSITIVELY and have fun. Having a depressed defeatist attitude hands you a failure almost guaranteed from the start. If you make a big mistake in a match, take a mental note of it, but don't let it get you down. Look at it as something new and exciting to work on.

If the person in your sig. really cares for you and/or your happiness, they would not be upset over you simply trying other characters in a video game... so I still suggest attempting that.
I try not too but I have depression so with that on my back its hard. sometimes keeping a good mind of the game is hard. But I have meds for that now so hope it will help.

well Guesss I can try marth sinse he is kinda floaty like Peach and Zelda, just gets sent flying rather....

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I main peach, and always felt like I could get her to a level where I wouldn't need to counterpick with other characters. for a couple months now, I've been playing around with Marth, Sheik, J.Puff, and G&W, and I found that different characters helped me develop certain tech skills and mindgames. Figuring out the timing with the other characters helped me advance my Peach game even more.

think of it as just a step in making your Peach as devastating as you wish her to be.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I main peach, and always felt like I could get her to a level where I wouldn't need to counterpick with other characters. for a couple months now, I've been playing around with Marth, Sheik, J.Puff, and G&W, and I found that different characters helped me develop certain tech skills and mindgames. Figuring out the timing with the other characters helped me advance my Peach game even more.

think of it as just a step in making your Peach as devastating as you wish her to be.
So it seems then I have to play with other characters then to improve my Peach. My techs skills are not all that good so for a beginner as myself for techs and useing other characters I guess a good start is Mario. I'll work on him for a while

Miharu

Smash Hero
I try not too but I have depression so with that on my back its hard. sometimes keeping a good mind of the game is hard. But I have meds for that now so hope it will help.

well Guesss I can try marth sinse he is kinda floaty like Peach and Zelda, just gets sent flying rather....
Someone else with depression, eh? Smash for me was a stress reliever that helped to keep my mind off some stuff when I was depressed. Glad to hear that you're dealing with it better now.

Just to clear something up, not all the high tiers can abuse Peach. Fox has a significant advantage, yes, but Falco, Marth, and Sheik only have slight advantages, not anything too major. And Peach completely ***** CF up the ***. Also, playing other characters doesn't mean that you have to use them in a serious setting; it's just that when playing from their point of view, you might notice certain subtleties that you wouldn't have noticed when you were playing against them as Peach. And now you'd be able to take advantage of those weaknesses or habits.

Your problems can be fixed with just two things: practice and tourney exp.

When you practice, with either just a level 1 comp or other people, have a goal in mind, and try to achieve that goal within a certain time frame if possible. It's easier to keep track of your progress that way. It doesn't hurt to practice consistently either.

Attend as many tournies as you can. I've gotten to a point where I only improve at new tourneys, since that's where I'm exposed to many different playstyles, and I'm able to incorporate new tactics and things that I might not have been able to come up with by myself. There's a great many things to be learned at tournaments simply because there will be people there that are better than you attending, and you can just learn from them.

And don't be so negative, it doesn't help at all. A positive outlook usually makes things go more smoothly. Best of luck with your Peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Someone else with depression, eh? Smash for me was a stress reliever that helped to keep my mind off some stuff when I was depressed. Glad to hear that you're dealing with it better now.

Just to clear something up, not all the high tiers can abuse Peach. Fox has a significant advantage, yes, but Falco, Marth, and Sheik only have slight advantages, not anything too major. And Peach completely ***** CF up the ***. Also, playing other characters doesn't mean that you have to use them in a serious setting; it's just that when playing from their point of view, you might notice certain subtleties that you wouldn't have noticed when you were playing against them as Peach. And now you'd be able to take advantage of those weaknesses or habits.

Your problems can be fixed with just two things: practice and tourney exp.

When you practice, with either just a level 1 comp or other people, have a goal in mind, and try to achieve that goal within a certain time frame if possible. It's easier to keep track of your progress that way. It doesn't hurt to practice consistently either.

Attend as many tournies as you can. I've gotten to a point where I only improve at new tourneys, since that's where I'm exposed to many different playstyles, and I'm able to incorporate new tactics and things that I might not have been able to come up with by myself. There's a great many things to be learned at tournaments simply because there will be people there that are better than you attending, and you can just learn from them.

And don't be so negative, it doesn't help at all. A positive outlook usually makes things go more smoothly. Best of luck with your Peach.
Thanks. and when I play serious I always use peach anyway if I was to start playing with others. I just want to use mario, maybe he can help boos my speed up and as for Marth im not good at DI his combos and his grabs and such kill it for me. and CF is my worst match up in the game period.

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
I have never seen someone unleash so much self pity in my entire life, especially over SSB:M. Depression is incredibly common, so don't think your situation is unique, except they don't want to kill themselves after they botch an edgeguard.

Firstly, you can't expect to be good at teching since you're not all that experienced, nor should you know exactly what to do in all situations. Consider each loss a blessing, bringing you closer to understanding the techniques and mindgames of your opponents. I think you should stop being so set on one character and maybe try out a few other ones, they may be more amusing for you.

Fight some level one computers and try to play SSB:M with your friends at every opportunity, and bring down the mindset of "*sniffle* i suck at teching/everything/my reaction times are horrible" and give yourself a more optimistic one. Smash is incredibly invigorating if you're having fun and I assure you, once you're absolutely destroying your friends you'll feel a rush like never before!

Goodluck

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have never seen someone unleash so much self pity in my entire life, especially over SSB:M. Depression is incredibly common, so don't think your situation is unique, except they don't want to kill themselves after they botch an edgeguard.

Firstly, you can't expect to be good at teching since you're not all that experienced, nor should you know exactly what to do in all situations. Consider each loss a blessing, bringing you closer to understanding the techniques and mindgames of your opponents. I think you should stop being so set on one character and maybe try out a few other ones, they may be more amusing for you.

Fight some level one computers and try to play SSB:M with your friends at every opportunity, and bring down the mindset of "*sniffle* i suck at teching/everything/my reaction times are horrible" and give yourself a more optimistic one. Smash is incredibly invigorating if you're having fun and I assure you, once you're absolutely destroying your friends you'll feel a rush like never before!

Goodluck
Guess I have to fix somethings then. I'll keep this in mind, thanks

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Wow. Wow. Wow. I have been in the exact same position before, and in some ways I still am. I think for once I can actually help. This is going to be a long read, so be prepared.

First off, I'm new to this game, like you. I've only been playing for 4-5 months. I only use 1 character, like you. I use Marth. That's it. I get criticized for it a lot, especially by my teammate, but I try not to let that get to me. But I get the same thing over and over and over. "TRY NEW CHARACTERS!"

To me, new characters are boring. I don't really like any other character except for Marth. He's my character, and I like him. A lot. There's a problem with this though. There's really only 1 character that Marth has terrible trouble with. Sheik. When I start going to major tournies, I know I'm going to lose to sheiks. That's why, eventually, I will play more characters, but as of right now, I want my Marth to get better. First off, I'd like to say a few things to you in general.

Set goals. This helps immensely. These were my goals:

1.Become good with Marth
2.Become better than my friend with Marth
3.Become the best Marth in my area

Now, I've accomplished those goals, but 1 of them(the last one) is debatable, and most people wouldn't agree with me if I told them I was the best Marth in my area. But I feel i've made significant improvement in a short amount of time...only using 1 character...but how? I can actually explain it to you.

When I play, I don't play to win, unless it's a tourney match. I play lots and lots of friendlies where people accuse me of sandbagging. But, what I'm really doing, is trying out new things. For example, one day I will just only work on 1 thing, spacing. For a whole day. I'll end up losing a lot. A LOT. I almost never win in friendlies, but, while you play, focusing on 1 thing will help you so much more than trying to win. The only problem with this is that you will lose almost every match, but when a tourney comes, and you implement everything you've been practicing...You will do much better. ONLY PRACTICE 1 THING AT A TIME!! I don't care what anyone else says, at least try it. Please, try it. It really works.

2. Don't play to win, play to LEARN. Learn everything you can. When you play to learn..you do just that. You learn. When you play to win, you don't really learn that much. If your not practicing a specific thing, just study your opponent. When I do this, I get 3-4 stocked. It sucks, especially when you find out that the people that beat you are bragging now, but you learn. It really works, you really learn. If you just set aside a week to just studying your opponents and not worrying about winning, you'd be surprised at how fast you'll catch on to people's bad habits. It works wonders, just studying your opponent. It's not gonna help your morale at first, but come biweekly time, you'll be like "wow. I'm glad I got better at understanding the way people play."

3.Be knowledgable. Learn everything you can about Peach. That's what I'm still doing with Marth. It gets annoying when someone I play with always says they know more about Marth than me, when they really don't. You need to test things out with Peach, when you play friendlies, DON'T PLAY TO WIN!! Play to experiment, keep track of your opponent's percentages throughout the match, and find out what works during which percentages. Try everything. It's likely someone will be like "wtf are you doing?" but ignore them.

Another thing I mean when I say be knowledgable, is talk to other random smashers. Sometimes, I will go on AIM and IM 20 people. 10 of them I will know, 5 of them will be pros, and 5 of them will be scrubs. I will ask them all an extremely simple question like "What buttons do you use to Short Hop Double Fair?" I will ask that to everyone of them, just to get opinions. My friend tries to make me feel bad all the time by saying "YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION." But it doesnt matter! It's good to get opinions from all different kinds of people, whether they are good or bad. From there, you make your own decisions on how you take their advice.

4. The reason you are playing. Your signature. It's tough, it really is. It's also a weird reason to play. Part of me plays for the same reason, but if I were you, I wouldn't display it publicly. I'm not trying to talk down on you or anything, but I wouldn't display it publicly if I were you.

I'm not a pro. I'm not even that good of a player, but I know how to improve. I'm not good compared to a looooot of other people, but I'm good at improving. Improving is the key to smash. Although I encourage you to take my advice, it's all my own opinion. People will disagree with a lot of things I said. I don't expect you to take my advice, but I DEFINITELY encourage you.

Oh, and not to start an argument or anything, but Genocide I don't know if you intended it to be this way or not, but the way you were talking sort of seemed like you were talking down on Dark Peach. Saying how once he starts destroying his friends the game will be awesome, and how he can't be expected to be good at teching since he's inexperienced. I would put my money on it that Dark Peach will pwn you. Look at his location. He obviously plays with good people, and they probably give him advice too. I'm not sure if you meant your post to be insulting or make it seem like your better than Dark Peach...But in case you did, I assure you that's not the case. If not I apologize.

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
Ha, and how exactly can you assume that Dark Peach is better at Smash than me? It almost sounds like you're begging for me to defend myself by cutting down Dark Peach some more, doesn't it?

I'm going to spare some mercy and just tell you to silence, lest you begin a flame war. The only thing I was trying to point out is that Dark Peach needs to stop pitying himself/herself so much over a game.

And yes, I know how to do all the advanced techniques. I truly don't believe you have any ability to even imagine who would win if we fought, because neither of us have any proof of our skills.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I like the suggestion others gave of trying other characters. I'm not saying to try other characters out in tournament or money matches, just in friendlies. You could find yourself a new main or secondary that way accidentally. Or, at the very least, learn a bit about how that character plays, which would help your game when you play more seriously. Don't expect to be good with your screw-around characters at first. You don't have to stick with your screw-around characters either, although I ended up doing so with some of them.. Ask anyone in OAK how much my GW sucked when I first picked him up (around December last year), but now he's probably my 2nd best character. My Sheik and Marth are still pretty bad, though...

Why Peach anyway? Why not any other character in the game? Is it because of her floatiness? Her powerful attacks? Or because you are a fan of the Mario series?

I've played against you before, as did my brother, and you're definitely not bad enough to unleash this kind of self pity for everyone to see. I know I do it sometimes, but never to this scale. Maybe you are just getting frustrated with Peach. I know I have, which is why I officially quit her, and picked her up again maybe about 20 or so times. Usually picking her up due to a "need" for a high tier, and then a realization of how much my Peach sucks compared with my Zelda. If this is the case, find another character, if for no other reason than to have fun in friendly games when you shouldn't be caring about the outcome of the match anyway.

Best of luck,
Emmy

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
omg i couldn't stop laughing reading this topic...

dude. you win games you lose games. there are people better than you, there are people worse than you.
if you want to get better practice. you can see what the best do on youtube easily, and read up on it here from there its up to you. there was no guides for alot of people before you remember that, they learned from scratch

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im gonna ignore this post above me for it will start a fight so moving on.....

Emmy- Reason I play Peach is cause she is my favorite nintendo character. All mario games that have her in it, I always use her. I can never switch mains for if I were to, I would be like a beginner cause I can use anyone else. Peach is the best I got and Im gonna work on her. And who is your brother? I dont remember him. nor do I remember playing him.

JesiahTEG- Thanks for the DEEP advice. this really help me alot. I have matches where I took your advice and did all that you said. Thanks a bunch. your advice really did a number on me.

In general, I decided to Just use Peach. I tried other characters and they just feel too wierd. I used Peach since day one.......(oops I already went through this....lol) So yea, others just feel wierd and the mindgames I put in them are no good cause they are just too wierd for me. they dont feel right and dont know how to use them at thier best. But I remembered I secondary Zelda. and she is ok. I was useing her today. She did pretty good. Im gonna use her to help my Peach out. I have been useing Zelda for a long time as well. maybe about Half a year But payed more attention to Peach. Zelda can help me cause she is based on patients and the waiting game, thus a whloe nother set of mindgames. which is just what I need. After I used Zelda today, I pcked up Peach. and she was doing better than she ever did before. I was like......O.O!! So Zelda is gonna help me out. Im gonna use both equally. thanks all for you advice. it really helped alot. and now im a new better person. I'll have matches of my best in melee history maybe tonigght or 2morrw so stayed tuned and see what your advice did to me:)

imareject

Smash Apprentice
as a player whose skill is 95% dedicated to peach, my only advice is similar to everyone elses- play other characters to sharpen certain skills. i picked up falco and sheik waaaay after peach, and if nothing else, my speed went up a bit. a good example of this is cort's peach and the way he moves so quickly around platforms. i dont really know him well, but the first time i played his peach prob last fall, his peach wasnt much faster than mine. i even managed to win the friendly set against him, however, a month or so ago i played him again and his peach was much faster. i also noticed that he was playing a bunch of other characters that 2nd time around, which i think made him able to move around platforms a lot quicker. from my pov, it was through playing other characters that he got that much better. (i prob couldnt take a game from him if we played today)

while neither my falco or sheik are really up to tourney standards, i kno that they made me a little quicker if nothing else. lets face it, peach isnt the most technically challenging character in the game. if ur spacing is good and u kno ur matchups, the only main thing left to do is get a bit quicker.

i dont recommend watching youtube...i think too many people watch that and try to replicate it, and end up doing it poorly. in my opinion the most important part of the game is knowing ur character and the game inside and out, and the only way to sharpen that is through putting the time in. thats why so many foxes out there suck.... sure they can waveshine cuz they saw PC do it on youtube, but there is so much more to fox that ppl overlook. so as far as youtube, use it for ideas, but don't treat it like the bible.... ya prob never heard of me cuz i never chat on the boards, but i'm ranked in NY ::flashes badge:: hope this helps.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
My brother is Adat. He was at both Gauntlet and the Killer Fleet tournament. He told me that he played against you. He switches mains a lot, so i don't know what characters you would have played against. Probably Samus, Ganon, Captain Falcon, or Dr. Mario, unless he was bored and/or screwing around, or he changed mains again around then.

Top Bottom