• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightspeed Interviews - The Sonic Community Interview Thread - KC be timing us out | And KID ↓

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
IF POSSIBLE I would like to have the red tint changed to blue

but if that cant happen id just like it to be all black.
I'll try that and see if it works.

I don't even use my gift texture anymore.

Also, that white texture hack Kupo put in his interview made me ****.
Lol thaaaanks. Dunno what to colour him though ._.

Is that how the sonic got so white?
Yeah, cause I used that white texture as a base.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Why do I have a feeling KID wasn't referring to anything that involved technology...

Perhaps I just need to get my mind out of the gutter, why don't you all help me with that by voting for a new candidate? >_>

*Tails.*

Browny

Smash Hater
Whos is this djbrowny fellow you refer to

Oh yeah its that guy I keep locked up in the basement

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That would be the basement in his head.

... I'm going to give this one more day. I'm wondering how many of us voted.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh right, I can't forget about this thread.

DJB, it looks like you're up next, as long as you don't mind?

I'll see if I can think of any questions this next week.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Here are my questions for Browny

-What made you pick up Sonic?

-What was your reaction when you heard that Sonic is in the game?

-If you were part of the team to create Brawl, what changes would you do to Sonic and to the game itself?

-Do you have a Sonic plushie?

-What are your favorite Sonic games from both old school and new school series?

-Do you read any Sonic comics?

-Do you ride the bus?

-What is your favorite and least favorite match-up with Sonic?

-Do you like chili dogs?

-Are you planning to get either Sonic Colors or Sonic 4?

-Do you know what a Irisbus Civis is?

-What are your favorite Sonic songs?

-What is your favorite song from Crush 40?

-What kind of music are you into?

-What other characters do you play in Brawl?

-What characters do you play in Melee?

-Do you read any manga? If so what is your favorite manga?

-Do you watch anime? If so, what is your favorite anime?

-Do you like waffles?

-What is your favorite game show?

-Do you have a hack Wii?

-What is your favorite Sonic texture?

-Besides Brawl and Sonic games, what other games do you like to play for fun?

-What is your favorite subject in school?

*sigh*…I’m done. I can’t think of any more questions. If something comes up, I’ll add some more.

Browny

Smash Hater
So am I meant to wait for a given time-frame to post responses to all questions at once or do them as they come etc?

Kupo Rose

You best answer them now and save them in a text file so you can post it later.

That's what I did for Tail's questions lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...Two days dry?

Allow me to alleviate that.

How's Australia?

Plan on moving anywhere or going touring sometime soon?

What made you change your mind about playing Sawnik?

Wait, actually, what do you do as of late? In terms of smash and otherwise?

How cool are you with internet memes?

What, or who inspires you to keep on truckin'?

How'd you get the name?

Out of curiosity, how do Aussies in general look at Americans when the topic comes up? Negatively, amirite?

If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?

If you had to live somewhere else, where would it be and why?

You're stranded on an island, what three things do you need to have?

Same question as above, but let's assume that there's no way you're getting off. That means no cell-phones, no liferafts, no laptops, basically, no cheating. :p

You seem to look down on WoW for some reason. Have you had to deal with withdrawal or something?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
what is up with the geographic layout of your country? it seems like the entire country is like texas, a bunch of cities 3-4 hours away from each other with nothing but desert in between them.

have you ever seen and/or eaten any aussie only animals? Kangaroo, dingo, Koala.

How common are said animals?

I was under the impression you quit smash. why?

does your brother still play?

if you are retired, are you coming out of retirement to go to that robocop tournament that m2k is supposed to be going to?

do you like this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ-krx5IF0A

remind me what you are in school for?

you seem to be a bit less lighthearted about most things than the rest of us, why is that?

Kupo Rose

- Who's in your avatar?

- You were djbrowny before you got your name change. Was the dj part inspired from your love of music mixes, beats and dance style music? Or did I totally get this wrong?

- Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

- What are you currently listening to?

- Why is there 2 Sonic frame data threads?

- Favourite colour?

- Favourite food?

That's all I guess (maybe for now) ol' chap

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
- How big are the spiders down there?
- Is Australia really as manly as people make it out to be? IE: You need to be a man to survive. Is this true?
- What flavor would Renamon be? E-L-A-B-O-R-A-T-E.

Browny

Smash Hater
Since I dont know who else might ask questions... (I figure if anyone was going to, 4 days was enough time lol) I guess I'll post this so far. Any others asked afterwards I can edit in I guess?

Name: Daniel Brown
Residence: South Australia
Race: Australian? does that count as a race lol

Here are my questions for Browny

-What made you pick up Sonic?

The fact that he is an interesting character who actually has a personality... Hardly any of the characters in brawl would have anything to say about themselves besides what they have done in games. Ike, Lucario, Lucas, Marth, Ness, Snake, Sonic... That’s about it, of which Sonic is far more interesting than those guys anyway. Then of course there’s the fact that he’s a blue anthro hedgehog :p That was why I chose to main him before the game came out. His games had absolutely nothing to do with it. Afterwards though I stuck with him coz the freedom and mobility to do pretty much whatever you want, always recover and never really be pressured hard is fun to play as, much like metaknight.

-What was your reaction when you heard that Sonic is in the game?

As much as I was hyped for brawl, I lost all interest for about 6 months while I was busy with uni and playing PC games. I heard about Sonic, and the dojo about 3 months after he was announced and was pretty hyped. I never cared for Sonic games but the idea of playing him in smash was great. My real reaction though, was to get to know Sonic better. I instantly downloaded all episodes of Sonic X, Sonic heroes and sonic rush for DS and finished them all before brawl came out :p

-If you were part of the team to create Brawl, what changes would you do to Sonic and to the game itself?

To change Sonic... probably nothing you haven’t heard before. Homing attack to work as it does in the sonic 3d games, sideb maybe throw rings or something lol, ZSS paralyser style, something to give a set-up into fsmash. And make Dsmash much better, give it a much lower angle, faster release and the second hit has actual KO power.

-Do you have a Sonic plushie?

Nope, I’d get a tails one before I’d get a sonic one though :p

-What are your favorite Sonic games from both old school and new school series?

SA2B (surprise surprise). I don’t really like the rest of the sonic games, they’re all ok but I spend my time/money on other games.

-Do you read any Sonic comics?

I’ve read a few of the archie ones online but that’s it. I’m a little annoyed I missed ‘free comic weekend’ here when I definitely would have gone and got one. I think I’m a bit too old for comics though :p (Unless its MAD lol).

-Do you ride the bus?

Do I ride the bus... They’re my second home. Caught it every day to and from school/uni for 9 years and still use it very often. Where I live, its near something called the O-Bahn, or guided busway as a direct link from the suburbs to the city where it can do up to 100kph (62.5mph) with no traffic :D At a rough estimate my time spent on buses so far would be around 1400+ hours. Bus travel is also very cheap where I live (compared to the rest of Australia), MUCH cheaper than a car and sometimes faster due to the O-Bahn so I don’t mind all the travel, gives me so much time to play my DS :p

-What is your favorite and least favorite match-up with Sonic?

Favourite matchup with Sonic would probably be DK or Fox. They both can KO you extremely early but wont land that KO move if you are careful and DK is a good punching bag, easy to juggle while KO’ing fox at low %’s due to fsmashing his recovery etc never gets old :p I also have a lot of experience as Sonic vs wifi marths (some are very pro offline) so I like that one too lol. I really don’t like playing against spammy characters like Wolf and Olimar though, I’m at a loss trying to understand why people play such mind-numbingly boring, straightforward characters and the fact that people actively CP those characters and camp entire matches is enough to make me not want to play anymore. With Sonic, or with anyone >_>

-Do you like chili dogs?

Never had one.

-Are you planning to get either Sonic Colors or Sonic 4?

If they’re very good... I’m typically a collector of games, I’ll sometimes buy games even if I don’t really like the genre but the reviews are amazing (Red Dead Redemption, Okami) I don’t have high hopes on those games getting high reviews though :/

-Do you know what a Irisbus Civis is?

Nope, gonna guess it’s a type of bus though lol.

-What are your favorite Sonic songs?

Un-gravitify is amazing omg. I can’t believe how awesome it is, right up there with my favourite songs ever across all genres. The brawl version of his world instrumental is also epic. Zebrahead version of his world possibly a close third and of course the usual suspects, Live and Learn and Escape from the city are often listened to on my MP4 player :p

-What is your favorite song from Crush 40?

Honestly, their version of his world is the only one I like. Open your heart is ok but the lyrics are a bit weird. The rest have even more bizarre lyrics to the point I can’t like them. Knight of the wind is alright though I guess.

-What kind of music are you into?

VG music/DnB/Electronic. Lyrics these days in songs just ruin them for me so I prefer the stuff that is just pure music (Exception for Sonic songs of course :p). Since I play the piano, I don’t care much for singing so anything without lyrics over 120bpm is usually alright for me :p And of course the occasional classical-style song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLpJtvzlEI#t=4m49s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiaOFOMPOBc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFS4zYWxzNA#t=2m55s
Gusty Garden Galaxy is the greatest song of all time btw, Koji Kondo is god. Im also a fan of pokeremixstudios work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poiqPQpiTN0
Just one of his many epic remixes.

-What other characters do you play in Brawl?

I play a ton, mostly Lucario Sonic and Metaknight but I use Jigglypuff a fair bit with some marth/wario/ness/snake/luigi/ike/ganon/diddy.

-What characters do you play in Melee?

I used to main ness and mewtwo exclusively in melee but now I only touch jigglypuff and mewtwo. I cant go back to melee ness, hes so bad >_< at least mewtwo never got buffed in brawl lol.

-Do you read any manga? If so what is your favorite manga?

Nope

-Do you watch anime? If so, what is your favorite anime?

I watched anime... DBZ, but who didn’t watch that lol. Besides that, only Sonic X, thats it.

-Do you like waffles?

Yes, who doesn’t?

-What is your favorite game show?

Can’t go past the original gladiators... or ROBOT WARS :D Do they classify as game shows? If not, I used to watch the price is right all the time so I guess that would be my favourite.

-Do you have a hack Wii?

Nope, I have a launch day wii and am paranoid it is prone to failure due to its age, 2-layer DRE’s for example. I don’t care enough about hacks to have issues when it needs fixing if it has to be sent to nintendo, hoping it never will though.

-What is your favorite Sonic texture?

Perfect shadow da bess, even though ive never actually seen it ingame, or played as it :(

-Besides Brawl and Sonic games, what other games do you like to play for fun?

I play a lot of games, mostly PC FPS ones (as in, total hours put into it). Other than that, random action/adventure ones like Dragon Age, Borderlands, Mass effect 2 are great time wasters and am currently playing Worms reloaded :p

-What is your favorite subject in school?

Well its been a long time since then, but I did like physics. Getting to play with geiger counters and various electronic equipment was fun :p
...Two days dry?

Allow me to alleviate that.

How's Australia?

Hot and pretty boring. The distances between major cities huge and we have severe problems with immigration, jobs, political correctness, censorship and the legal system. It’s pretty bad at the moment. I used to think Australia was a lucky country and yeah compared to many others it is but progress is held back so far by idiotic religious and extreme capitalist ideals and politicians are too scared to change things for the future which might compromise their immediate popularity and/or insignificant monetary gain >_>

Plan on moving anywhere or going touring sometime soon?

If I move anywhere It’ll probably be to a bigger city here, not overseas. Im going to Hong Kong next month though so yay.

What made you change your mind about playing Sawnik?

I just could not beat my brother with sonic in tournament once he mained snake, taking a match off was just too hard. Against everyone else I could beat them but it was always so much effort, it felt like my effort was 50:50 with Lucario and Sonic, I could make it like, 70:30 and still use sonic in matchups which I felt confident in and wouldn’t result in rage when I just couldn’t land that KO move to end it. I still use sonic in friendlies and on wifi, he will always be the most fun to use (second to metaknight :p).

Wait, actually, what do you do as of late? In terms of smash and otherwise?

I don’t go to tourneys much anymore, haven’t been to a serious 1vs1 since October last year and entered a big FFA and 2 doubles tourneys since then. The brawl scene here is very small and super serious side of brawl just annoys me so much with all the ego, tripping, metaknights/snakes/rainbow cruise that go with it, it’s just no fun and games dissolve into camp fests which I really don’t like playing, it’s not the game I bought anymore. Friendlies only for me plz. I was losing sleep and my free time was caught up in thinking about stupid random **** caused me to lose a stock it for weeks on end. I felt like I achieved everything I set out to do from the start and continuing on hardly seems worth the effort. I still play wifi with anyone who asks, but that does get a lot rarer these days :( Otherwise, I’m still looking for a fulltime job seeing as I finished uni last year and no luck yet and catching up on many games I missed out on from 08-09 due to uni taking all my time and money.

How cool are you with internet memes?

Too ‘cool’ for my own good. Saying them out loud IRL is a bad sign :p

What, or who inspires you to keep on truckin'?

Idk, nothing comes to mind :/ Just the waiting for good things to happen I suppose >_>

How'd you get the name?

Letters addressed to me are ‘Mr D J Brown’ and it’s a common nickname in aus to make everyones name end in y (or ie). No matter the name, people will try to find a way. So Browny is very common. So I stuck the two together :p.

Out of curiosity, how do Aussies in general look at Americans when the topic comes up? Negatively, amirite?

Honestly, yes. Probably nothing you don’t hear about what other countries think though (general ignorance about other countries for example).

If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?

Maybe buy my own helicopter/plane and get a pilot license :p still have like 300k left over to cover life’s necessities as they arise though like a new car.

If you had to live somewhere else, where would it be and why?

Probably Denmark, highest quality of living afaik. Europe would be cool anyway coz its only a few hours’ drive to a new country :p

You're stranded on an island, what three things do you need to have?

To escape with you gotta have that yellow food dye (lots of it) maybe a couple hundred tires and a flare gun would do the trick

Same question as above, but let's assume that there's no way you're getting off. That means no cell-phones, no liferafts, no laptops, basically, no cheating. :p

I guess my piano + books, flint and a knife would be enough to keep me alive + sane for long enough :p

You seem to look down on WoW for some reason. Have you had to deal with withdrawal or something?

WoW annoys me because of how incredibly noob friendly it is now. I feel like I wasted 600 hours in a constant struggle just to be able to have good enough gear to ever get into a raiding guild or the endless grind in pvp to take the easy way out. Back when I played (2005), it was seriously hard to get gear and half the time was spent grinding just to pay the stupid repair bills and afford a mount. Now the game is a joke how easy it is and you can level to 60 and get covered in epics in mere weeks. Sure that doesn’t affect me directly but knowing that had I waited a few years before I started, I could have got to the exact same place I did in less than 100 hours and I’d have 500 more hours of my life back which wasn’t spent fighting against chinese farmers in the plaguelands or riding my pathetically slow mount etc just to get to and pay for the repair bill from the failed instance because it was always so difficult to clear in 1 pass :/
what is up with the geographic layout of your country? it seems like the entire country is like texas, a bunch of cities 3-4 hours away from each other with nothing but desert in between them.

Well the majority of the country is uninhabitable desert with only 6 states and 2 territories. Outside of the capital cities which are all along the coast except for 1, there are very few cities in the country with more than 100,000 people. All the cities have to be very far apart due to the fact that you can’t really go far in-land before you reach deserts, so they spread along the coast. And it’s a bit further than 3-4 hours lol. It’s an 8.5 hour drive to the nearest capital city for me which is the closest of any 2 capital cities (not including Canberra, that’s only a 3 hour drive to the nearest one but it’s also very small for a capital with around 350,000 people).

have you ever seen and/or eaten any aussie only animals? Kangaroo, dingo, Koala.

I’ve seen plenty of kangaroos but no wild koalas. Dingos live way out in the desert and hunt at night so I don’t think I’ll ever see one in the wild :/ I refuse to eat any national icons, even though I do love eating meat :p

How common are said animals?

Kangaroos are all over the country and you’ll probably see them when driving between major cities. Koalas are probably just as common but they are very hard to see given they hide in trees. As before, dingos are rare.

I was under the impression you quit smash. why?

I quit going to 1vs1 tournaments. As stated above in kinzers question, it really annoyed me when I would watch my tournament videos and I turn into a spamming idiot. There are a lot of reasons why I quit and I know how you don’t like emo rants so I’ll keep it quick. After my brother quit I had no one to practice against and no one else here seemed to care much about getting better at the game, at least from what I saw. The game got stale and boring fast with all the camping. Also I’m not the fighting game type, I literally had never played any other fighting game outside of melee which I only played FFA item matches. I don’t have the right mindset, I can be good at it because I’m smart and I make the right decisions more often than not but I prefer competitive games where there is a much bigger factor in preparation and strategies, hence why I prefer FPS team games for competition. I only want brawl to be fun these days. Wifi is great for that :)

does your brother still play?

Nope, he quit long ago. Still enters events when he happens to be there but hasn’t played a round vs me since maybe September last year :(

if you are retired, are you coming out of retirement to go to that robocop tournament that m2k is supposed to be going to?

If I would go, it would only be to play friendlies. However since I’m going to Hong Kong next month I really haven’t considered it. It would be extremely lame of me to accept my dad paying for my flights to HK and then fly to a brawl tournament, I wouldn’t do that.

do you like this song? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ-krx5IF0A

Lol... nice lyrics :p i don’t really like rap though.

remind me what you are in school for?

I actually graduated college last year, bachelor of aerospace engineering :)

you seem to be a bit less lighthearted about most things than the rest of us, why is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x-QCmsx2WI
but mostly this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LofaJ66bWM
It feels like I’ve been lied to my whole life. All these promises of what you can achieve if you work hard enough in school, only to see all these opportunities disappear before I could even finish. Every day the population grows, old people hold onto their jobs longer and make graduate positions redundant. I really don’t like where this is heading, for me, anyone else in my situation (a lot) and people who will follow :( I take things too seriously for my own good but w/e, at least I’m not lying to myself by pretending that life should be all care-free and happy.
- Who's in your avatar?

Thats anthro Amaterasu, from Okami.

- You were djbrowny before you got your name change. Was the dj part inspired from your love of music mixes, beats and dance style music? Or did I totally get this wrong?

Refer to kinzers question about it. After I made it I found out it was actually annoyingly common for people to do that, people assumed I was following a trend of trying to act cool by putting it there. I only kept it on swf because someone told me the djb was like, a part of me on swf or something lol but now I’m changing my nick everywhere I can to remove the dj.

- Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

Because Mentok wills it so!

- What are you currently listening to?

Probably the same thing as always, brawl soundtrack with about 50 other VG songs and some random electronic/DBZ/dnb songs on my mp4 player :p I guess my response to Tails' question is what you meant though.

- Why is there 2 Sonic frame data threads?

Mine was made using a pretty crude method, SL’s was done properly but mine was made a long time before :p there really only should be one though, SL’s.

- Favourite colour?

Used to be red... but now its blue. Funny how that happened only after brawl came out :p

- Favourite food?

Vanilla anything. Vanilla cake, vanilla slice, vanilla ice cream :lick:

That's all I guess (maybe for now)
ol' chap

Hahaha... I actually made one of those myself when that fad was going around but yours is better :)
Why did you stop going to tourneys?

The negatives outweighed the positives. As I said before, there were a lot of reasons... Im just not the fighting game type and tournies could make me ill by thinking about it too much. I will fly to Sydney for a weekend if I could play friendlies with a few people all day (dead serious) before I feel like going to another tournament.

Fave Sonic character? (Other than Sonic himself)

Tails of course :D only the year 2000+ tails when hes like an engineer though, I feel like I can relate to him so much lol.
- How big are the spiders down there?

HUEG LIKE XBOX

Nah not really spiders here aren’t that much bigger than anywhere else. They are extremely dangerous though. Its the smaller ones you gotta watch out for, just as lethal but you cant see them :O

- Is Australia really as manly as people make it out to be? IE: You need to be a man to survive. Is this true?

IDK how others consider manliness and Australia but definition of manly here (besides the town of that name lol) is how many beers you can drink and not pass out. Our supposed record holder is a national hero :p
http://sportzfun.com/contests/boonie.htm
I have no idea about the likelihood of survival relative to amount of beer one can drink before passing out though :p

- What flavor would Renamon be? E-L-A-B-O-R-A-T-E.

Vanilla of course, All the best things are vanilla flavoured :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1: SL's frame data thread is incomplete. :p
2: I've yet to see someone respond to "Do you like Waffles?" with "Do you like pancakes?"

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
And here I thought I was the only person that even understood the reference.

Anyway DJ, yeah sure, if anybody else asks you questions, you can go ahead and edit them in that post. I'll probably start the next voting process...

... Friday.

Oh also, best part about playing WoW back then is the nostalgia factor today. Call me crazy, but it feels so empowering to have experienced all the raiding content back when it was actually hard, and it was even harder still if you didn't have connections like I did and (illegally) got a Shaman powerleveled.

Back when Shaman were exclusive to Horde, b****.

Of course though, now it's so easy to get to level 80 that it certainly doesn't feel special other than being able to get into WotLK raids, except now it seems to be even more elitist, what with this "gearscore" system that is so flawed in telling actual competent player skill that I don't even want to get into it now.

No really, I don't, I have some Calculus homework to do. Maybe I'll talk more about it after I get it done. >_>

Browny

Smash Hater
haha yeah, shammy ftw :D

Another big thing I guess that people dont see is all the UI's these days and even the most simplest ones such as an aggro meter change the game so dramatically. With timers telling you when the boss is about to use an attack the entire raid is just like a military drill, just do what the screen tells you and you really cant mess up :/ Takes a lot out of the game imo.

Life

Smash Hero
blah blah WoW is easy QQ

but srs

While you're still here... I don't want this to sound insensitive, but young Americans in some parts of the country sometimes try to talk in other nation's accents... do Australian kids ever try to talk in American accents? <.<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What American accent?

I could understand if you wanted to bring up stereotypical "American" topics like Football, Beer-Pong, and all that jazz, but I don't know about any accent.

What's that sound like?

Also WoW use to be more hardcore until Blizzard dumbed it down to match the I.Q. of the now typical WoW player. :(

Browny

Smash Hater
eccentuating vowels and holding them for longer.

like for example burger, we would imitate an american accent of 'burger' by going like 'burr-gurr' while we normally pronounce much quicker like 'ber-ga'.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I asked some good questions.

i dont know how many of you read his responces to my questions or watched his vids but some of that stuff was really cool (from a gaining perspective/information position, not an actual being in that situation postion)

@ wow discussion, I think that whole mods tell you what to do and when, thing, might be why from what I can tell, most people enjoy pvp a lot more.

I still loved pve and dungeons back in the day (2007) and I dont think it was all that easy but maybe that was because my mods were pretty much at the bare minimum. I had damage meters, the one that told me wtf was happening to me, (like if I was randomly running around and got garroted, garrote would pop up on my screen in big red, so that I knew I was getting ambushed by a rouge and could actually mount a defensive instead of just being like 'wtf?' and dying to stun lock) and something that helped me figure out wtf I was supposed to do for quests (some of those definitions were vauge as hell) and that was pretty much it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I never have ran any mods, not as a Resto Sham/Holy Pali in Vanilla/BC days, not as a Rogue in BC up until I quit the game temporarily in Febuary and getting back into it... Maybe two months ago? and Not now that I'm just leveling a bunch of characters and getting the "welfare epics."

I liked actually doing what I was suppose to do without the assistance of timers, auto-cleansers, threat-watchers, I did what I was suppose to do and keep counting in my head. :)

Strange thing is, if I do intend on picking up WoW again for late WotLK or into Cataclysm, I may go as a Feral Druid or Rogue. Rogues are awfully fun, but I've always wanted to tank and I was forced to go Holy on my Pali because we already had a Warrior and Druid MT back then.

...And what do you know. The Druid MT goes MIA and the Warrior Tank ended up using the guild to gear himself and transfer to a new server. Just when Zul'Aman actually came out too. If it were me I wouldn't have minded making 75% of the raids, especially since school was (and still is to some extent) still easy, I didn't have obligations or responsibilities (still holds some weight today but certainly not as much. Though I think I may be better off not getting too deep into this game (again...))

Boy, a lot sure has changed over the course of 4-6 years...

Top Bottom