• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightspeed Interviews - The Sonic Community Interview Thread - KC be timing us out | And KID ↓

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Oh. My. God. This interview. I just come in here to see what Crash took the time out of his day to post in here for, and I find you guys giving Excel the D. I wonder what his answers to those questions will be.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I seriously want him to answer our questions :( Jenkins And I took a lot of care for those questions :(

Who do you win more as? Fox or Sonic? Who has a better grab game?

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
lmao @ this thread getting bombarded.

Seriously, Excel wanted to be interviewed SO BADLY and is now taking the longest time to answer the questions lol.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The interview momentum's died. Sucks. People are gonna vote me afterwards like, "...oh, guess we might as well. We still got members right? lol"

This whole thing could have been done better imo.

/shrug

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well, not knocking Kinzer or anything as this was a cool idea, but I think we coulda done a bit better on the voting process or how quickly things went along? You know, before things get dragged out like this interview with Excel did. Less trolling mighta gone down if Excel was more attentive with it. Things are dragged along so slowly now it's like people don't care that much now that most of the bulk of top players were discussed.

You can't control lives though. Don't wanna. But hey, in a perfect world, right? I'm just tired. Disregard me. :p

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
That's because for like a week and a half it was dead. I was expecting more than 3 people to ask me questions. So I figured, why not ask the Fox boards since they probably want to ask questions and they did...
trolls.
I also asked a few of my friends who I play in tournament such as Hilt, Sovereign and Crash. I'm not dragging it out, I was wondering if people were actually gonna ask questions. Like everyone prior to me got a couple of pages worth of questions. Tails' list was probably the shortest I've seen him post since this thing started. It's almost like you didn't WANT me to be interviewed.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Name: Dariel Blakemore

TAILS

-What was your reason why you picked up Sonic as a main?

Well, like most people who main/mained Sonic, I grew up watching Sonic and playing the games.

-What was your reaction when you heard that Sonic was announced in Brawl?

I was like "I know who I'm using." I actually didn't start out maining Sonic. I mained Marth/Wolf and then started playing nothing but Wolf and eventually dropped him for Fox. I mained Fox up until August of '09 when I got tired of him and went to main Sonic. Best switch I've made tbh.

-Do you believe that they should of pushed back Brawl to correct any glitches and/or improve the game?

I think they honestly should've been more attentive when making the game in the first place. Some things in this game are absolutely ludicrous.
(Read: Meta Knight and Snake's gay *** disjoints)

-What changes would you do into Brawl if you were part of the team?

Fix Snake's Ftilt and Utilt. Fix MK's dumbness. I like Sonic's physics the way they are. As for his other stuff, I'd increase his grab range and buff his smashes and give him some kind of kill setup. I'd get rid of Big Blue and bring back Mute City. <3 Mute City. Also, make Link not suck for Christ sake.

-What characters would you add and/or remove from Brawl?

Remove ROB's stupid useless ***. Remove Zelda, she's pointless as well.
I'd add Amy, Knuckle Joe, Tails, Isaac (For the Golden Sun fanboys) and Megaman.

-What is your 3 favorite Sonic games from both old school and new school series?

-Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
-Sonic 3&K
-Sonic Adventure 1. It has a better soundtrack imo. It's only lacking Meteor Herd.

-Have you ever been on a New Flyer D40HF series?

Geez, you and these buses...

-Have you enter any tournaments that was for a fundraiser?

Nope. I would if there were one being held. I'm a potfiller anyways...

-What is your favorite song from Crush 40?

Open Your Heart. I always sing it during thunderstorms.

-What are your top 5 favorite Sonic songs?

-Livin' in Paradise (Big's Theme)
-Mystic Cave Zone (1P)
-Space Trip Steps (Meteor Herd)
-E-102's Theme
-Hilltop Zone

-Do you read manga? If so, what are your favorite series (up to 3 please)

Yeah. When I get the chance or if it's something interesting.
-Initial D
-Peach Girl
-Mars

-Do you like watching anime? If so, what are you favorite series (up to 3 please)

Yup. I like classics.
-Cowboy Bebop
-Outlaw Star
-Tenchi Muyo

-What is your favorite match ups? How about least favorite match-ups?

My favorite would be Snake, Luigi, Fox and Marth. Least favorite are Peach, Falco and Toon Link.

-Do you like playing Sonic dittos?

Friendlies, yes. Tournament, no.

-What is your favorite Sonic cartoon series?

I'm probably gonna be burned at the stake for this. Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog.

-What are you top 3 favorite and least favorite Sonic characters?

Least Favorite:
-Charmy (HATE HATE HATE HATE)
-Silver (We barely liked Shadow.)
-Chip (Die.)

Favorite
-Manic (Green d*ck is better than blue d*ck!)
-Espio (He's so chill)
-Sonic (Without him I wouldn't be gaming)

-Other than Brawl, do you enter any other tournaments?

If the SF scene here wasn't so non-existent I'd probably be playing that instead.

-Do you play trading card games?

I played Yu-Gi-Oh! forever ago. I occasionally play the Pokemon TCG whenever I'm at a card shop that has a league. I play a Bibarel deck and occasionally my Crawdaunt deck.

-Other than Smash and Sonic games, what video game series do you like to play?

Fighters, RPGs, Platformers and Puzzle games are my thing. I play SF2-3s, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Guilty Gear and Soul Calibur. I'm asssssssssssss at BlazBlue. I play Arakune to make up for my lack of actual skill in that game.

I swear by Xenogears and Disgaea.

I love the old school Mario games. I tend to die alot in them because I try to be overly stylish.

Play me in Mean Bean and you'll cry.

-What characters do you play in Melee?

I'm just as bad in Melee as I am in BB. I play Dr. Mario and Falco whenever I do play.

-Do you French Toast?

I eat French toast. I French fries
and occasionally men...

-Do you watch the Food Network? If so, what is your favorite 3 shows?

I do watch the Food Network when I want to piss myself off. I figured wifi is a better substitute, seeing as I can actually accomplish something.

If I do watch something it's Emeril Live.

KUPO

1. Why did you put Pictochat as Sonic's worst CP?

It's more of a player thing. Like most other Sonic's like it and I don't. Reason being that outside of iSDR there isn't too much going on with Pictochat other than stupid drawings that screw up follow-ups. It's a large spacious stage that makes killing considerably harder because of how wide it is. It's essentially FD with drawings and a silly gimmick.

2. Why isn't Yoshi's Island (Brawl) in Sonic's best CP?

Like Picto, it's just an obnoxious stage. The goofy terrain messes up my vertical spacing sometimes and the center platform isn't quite as useful as it's longer so it makes techchasing a little harder.

3. How did you come up with the user Oreo (Excel)?
a) Why is Excel in brackets?

Oreo is a nickname I got when I was in high school. Me and my friend Melxi were joking around about how I'm not really black and that I'm a white guy trapped in a black guy's body. So I was like "Basically, I'm an Oreo. Black on the outside and white on the inside." It just stuck. Plus, Oreos are my favorite cookies. The Excel part came from when I started an account on here and I tried to put Excel but it was taken and instead of being smart and throwing some other characters like a hyphen or a plus or something, I put Oreo and put the Excel in brackets so people who knew me or had recently met me, would know it was me.

4. Is there a reason you prefer using Green Sonic over the other colours?

I'm not a Scourge main, I'm a Manic main. Gotta represent. Stupid Scourge. I do occasionally use classic Sonic.

5. Favourite colour?

I have 4. Blue, black, purple and green.

6. Favourite Pokemon?

Golduck and Spinda.

7. Have you ever done a 100m sprint?
a) What was your time?

Yeah, I've done a 100m sprint. I never timed it though. I'm no slowpoke by any means though.

8. :093: or Steak?

Haunter evolves into Gengar and I hate dealing with Gengar because he's so **** good.

So, I'll go with steak because it's **** delicious.

TEH SHARPIE

- How do you feel about your community? Both the Sonics and in your region.

As far as my community goes, we have a very small amount of players KY. Like we have about 6 or 7 in Louisville and maybe 10 or so in Lexington and like a group of kids in Greenup that come out whenever they can. I've been playing more wifi and occasionally playing with Zephil, a Fox main from Panama that moved here to go to U of L.

As far as my region and Sonic mains go, we're steadily stepping it up. TBH the MW is like what Sonic was forever ago. Looked down on and underrated. Like we're not the best region by a long shot but we're not *** either. We'll get to a point where we'll be respected.

-Would how you feel about your region be the reason you became regionless?

Truthfully, I hate my state. I want to move somewhere that is a little more...active. Like the northeast. Despite my disliking of huge crowds and people in general, places that have both of those also have more of a scene for gaming, music and art. Things I love.

-Which Sonic AT do you use the most and why?

Probably SDC. I like to screw with spacing alot and SDC does the trick. ASC is a close second.

-How does it feel to finally be interviewed?

It feels like I have a chance to kind of open up to the Sonic community. Even though I've been here for a year and counting, it seems like you guys don't seem to know me well enough.

-Have any pets?

I have a little brother. Does that count?

-Have any siblings?

Well the post above gives away the fact I have a little brother. I have 3 half siblings. Another younger brother, a younger sister and an older sister.

-Is there another player in the Smash community that you look up to for inspiration?

Uh...I've modeled my Sonic after Malcolm's. I say I play like Malcolm with a sprinkle of Espy's tricks. I've thrown in a couple of X tricks like footstool combos and stuff. I tried switching it up a couple of times but it really wasn't working. The aggro Sonic is what I'm good at.

-Have you ever played Mario Party 42?

I love Mario Party 2!! :chuckle:

-Want to?

Yeah. I need an N64 though.

-Why is Boomer your favorite Rowdy Ruff Boy?

Because he's pretty hype. Like I should consider Butch to my favorite because he and I have similar personality traits. But Boomer is cool shiiit.

KURAUDO

Do you still play Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?

Eh. Not anymore. I traded it in because I had NOBODY to play. I'm sure I still have my BnBs with Polimar though. Polimar/Yatterman-1 and Megaman/Ryu <3

JENKINS

So you are pretty open about your gayness. So what do you look for in a man? Masculinity, girly girl ****, or straight up "G-ness"? Like you looking for a dude that's striaght outta compton or a dude that likes to get his nails done regularly?

Feminine dudes are kind of annoying. It's like a woman, TRYING to be womanly. I like nerdy dudes that aren't flaming.

You main sonic. He's fast. Does that indirectly mean that you're fast to finish in bed?

I would probably get infracted for the response that just popped into my head. So I'm gonna be nice and keep it there.

Since you're black, you have the ability to run as fast as sonic when the cops are after you. Do you wish you could run as fast as sonic when the cops aren't chasing after you?

It would sure save on bus money but I have terribad lungs. Yay, secondhand smoke...

Who's a smasher or smashers you look up to playstyle or personality-wise?

Well as I told Sharpie, I liked Malcolm's playstyle with Sonic so I basically just did Malcolm stuff. Personality-wise, I think Speed is a pretty cool dude. Just has some confidence issues. Goggles is pretty funny. I have a feeling when we meet it's gonna be a smacktalk fest.

What's your dream job? Dream Lay?

Dream job? Hmm...graphic artist. Professional gamer is also one. Dream lay? Elijah Wood. Jeez, I'm just laying it all out there.

also, WHY'D YOU LEAVE US!?!??! Come back TO FOX!!! we MISS YOU DAMMIT.

It was hard for me to make Fox effective in a tournament setting. I felt like I was running out of options in alot of match-ups.

CHERRY64

You seem to main a few different characters in brawl, is this a reflection of the many different positions you like in bed?

Nope. I just like playing multiple characters.

Fox is always competing against Falco, Do you have a "Brother" that you compete with?...He doesn't have to be black to be a brotha.

Clowsui and Joshkip.

Clowsui, has been on my case since I started traveling. He is definitely my rival. He even plays a character that I abhor fighting. Clowsui = Gary Oak.

Joshkip and I have been rivals since I picked up Sonic. I tend to 1up him alot. He's catching up though and it won't be long before I have to kick it into overdrive.

Uzi means, who do you think is faster, You or your prefered Partner?

You guys are...

speaking of which you seem to favour fast characters, does this mean you enjoy quickies more than meaningful stabs?

Sck trlls.

Who do you win more as? Fox or Sonic? Who has a better grab game?

My placings have gotten much better since switching to Sonic.
I think Sonic has a better grab game. Like Sonic's grabs have options galore.

What I'd like to know is how you got into the competitive smash scene?

I worked in a hobby store called Something 2 Do and they had weekly Smash tournaments. Me, being confident in my ability to waltz up and take Top 10, decided to enter a tournament. Boy, I got raaaaaeped. So, I was like "I got this next week." Got destroyed again. My ONLY goal was to take Top 10 and quit. I'm a fairly persistent person so, I kept playing and playing until I found myself traveling and basically loving what I'm doing. I remember after traveling to the MWC: Championships, Hilt was like "You're in the crew now." Which meant to me, I'm gonna be heavily involved in Smash. So, yeah I'm pretty happy where I'm at. I like the competition even if I don't always place well and the people I meet are also cool.

CRASH

Why don't you main falco?

I'm not black enough for Falco. Then again neither is Shugo. Falco is just mad boring.

HILT

Why you gotta snore like a *****?

No, I snore like a mother****er.

SOVEREIGN

I seriously wanna know where your username came from.

I answer that like a few questions ago. However, I never fully explained how I got "Excel" as a gamertag. I wanted to use something other than Oreo, so I picked Excel after watching an anime I like called Excel Saga. I've tried switching tags several times due to me getting bored with it and being confused for Excel_Zero on a number of occasions. Which STILL happens. I've tried 2D and Bebop and I thought about using Krazie D a long time ago.

KINZER

Do people address you as "*****?" (if it's astericks, it's basically the non-derogatory N-word.) If yes, who? Friends, family, anybody? If not, is it because you personally don't like to be addressed as such and request that people don't?

Yeah, it's used quite often between me and my friends black and white. It's used as if we were in The Boondocks. ***** moments, "THIS *****!!" and ecetera.

You've openly admitted to being homosexual. How often do you go about that? Are you passionate about it or do you tend to be more of a "closet homo?"

I've got nothing to hide. I'm pretty forward about anything regarding me. If you want to know, I'm gonna tell you no holds barred.

How do you spend your free-time as of late?

Just had a job interview today. So, once I get employed I'll be spending most of my free time working...hopefully. Lately, I've been playing wifi and ****** people in laser tag. Saturday, I came in 1st out of 21 in teams and 2nd in solo. When I do get the urge to leave the house I head to the skatepark and futilely try doing Frontside Smith grinds. Except, I do those on ledges and not rails.

Got any weird obsessions? It's a yes or no question, you don't have to say what they are if you do, but bonus points if you talk about it~.

I'm 20, almost 21 and I'm still in love with Digimon and Pokemon. Last Pokemon tournament my friends and I held I won. I tend to take 1st in alot of things BUT Smash. >.>

What was your childhood like?

I was an only child for 11 years. I spent most of my time gaming since I didn't do much else in the way of socializing. I didn't get along with other kids unless they were into games. From 4th grade up until 8th grade I had tons of issues with people picking on me. Didn't help I had a really short temper either. I got into numerous fights and such. Glad those days are behind me.

What are your plans for smash, and your future in general?

I plan on playing Smash until it dies out. I might start hosting more consistent tournaments once I get a steady job and a bigger place to live. In the long run, I do plan on going to college once my situation at hand stabilizes and I can finally focus on one thing. I want to be a graphic artist.

Is there any place you'd like to visit?

I'd like to visit Japan like any other gamer out there. I MUST go to Akibahara and bankrupt myself in Japanese electronics. I'd also like to England. Europe itself seems pretty cool. Might pay a visit to Switzerland or something.

Any place you'd like to live in that isn't your hometown?

Somewhere in the northeast. I'm thinking Massachusetts.

English mutha-f****a, do you speak it?

Yes...
Then you know what I'm saying?!
Yes...
DESCRIBE WHAT MARCELLUS WALLACE LOOKS LIKE!!
...What? I-i...
SAY WHAT AGAIN!! Say what again!! I dare you, I double dare you mothaf*cka!! Say "what?" one more god**** time!

I could go on but it would take forever.

3.14159265 tastes pretty good, right?

"Pie" tastes good. "Pi" however, is a series of never-ending numbers.

What's your favorite flavor?

It's tie between cherry and chess.

Do you still look out for the ice cream man so you can pay $1.00 for a popsicle of your favorite cartoon character or no?

If I have a dollar and I'm in the mood I'll buy one.

Do you know the muffin-man?

That ***** still owes me some banana nut muffins.

What makes the Gingerbread man so slippery and hard to catch?

He shouldn't be slippery. It's effin bread!!

Cumhm?

ENDE! <3 MKpor

¿Que hora es?

Es el momento de la aventura!

Did you get an online translator for the last question? If yes, was it accurate?

Yes, I did. It was.

U got soemthin' against Mudkipz?

Nope. I liek them.

You probably find me a tad annoying, do you not?

Not you, just your WoTs that I have to scroll past to get the TL;DR version.

How do you improve when you hit a stump?

By not playing. It'll come back to me eventually.

Is there any type of music that under any circumstances you won't listen to? Why not?

ICP. They are ****ing atrocious.

Do you wear hats often?

Yeah. I have a Marvin the Martian cap, a Kermit the Frog cap and a toboggan that has the word "BOSS" on it. I'm investing in a Sonic cap, finally.

What's your favorite brand of shoes?

I wear skateboard shoes so you may not know the brands so I'll post the pics.

Does almost count anywhere else besides horseshoes?

Darts, I would assume.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I've never actually seen much of Malcolm's Sonic back when he still played him.

Although I could take a good guess and say he mastered the Waft....as Sonic...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
That was hella amusing lol. Good thoughtful responses to the actual questions though, interesting that your tourni results went up after picking up sonic too.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
That was hella amusing lol. Good thoughtful responses to the actual questions though, interesting that your tourni results went up after picking up sonic too.
I always wondered if using Fox only in one of my tourneys would produce better results than Sonic.

Then I remembered that Reflex(who seconds Sheik) and Billy (3rd AL PR Sheik main) are regulars in GA lol.

Plus, people are starting to recognize me as a :sonic: and I'm getting better by the day with him.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, not knocking Kinzer or anything as this was a cool idea, but I think we coulda done a bit better on the voting process or how quickly things went along? You know, before things get dragged out like this interview with Excel did. Less trolling mighta gone down if Excel was more attentive with it. Things are dragged along so slowly now it's like people don't care that much now that most of the bulk of top players were discussed.

You can't control lives though. Don't wanna. But hey, in a perfect world, right? I'm just tired. Disregard me. :p
Your last sentence practically put the nail on the coffin broski.

I give people one week to get their interview out of the way. This is for two main reasons: one being that a week is usually enough time for people to come up with questions for the interviewee to answer. The second reason being that the interviewee will obviously have a life outside this forum, so they can get to it at their earliest convenience.

As for the voting process, that's always been fluctuating from 2 days to a whole week, business or otherwise. It doesn't take that much time if it's obvious whose going to be the next person, but when the votes are tied up and more even it takes some time before a tie-breaker comes up and breaks that tie. I also don't want to end it too abruptly because two people can come in and change the next potential interviewee and throw everything off. Granted, I could probably get things moving along faster if I weren't such a reserved person but that's the way I do my thing.

Now if you had said something like how the OP looks so empty, that's my fault. I'm a pretty lazy person and you have every right to criticize me being behind schedule on getting the interviews up. If you think you could do a better job at that, all the while keeping the interview process running as smoothly as it is now; if not moreso, then by all means you can claim ownership.

Until then, I just volunteered to keep things moving along. This wasn't even my idea to begin with. :X

... Also, yes, I do kind of like to give people some extra time, because this thread was dead. I just want to make the most out of this, because I'm sure the community has a bit of fun with this. I will not be the killjoy. :)

That's because for like a week and a half it was dead. I was expecting more than 3 people to ask me questions. So I figured, why not ask the Fox boards since they probably want to ask questions and they did...
trolls.
I also asked a few of my friends who I play in tournament such as Hilt, Sovereign and Crash. I'm not dragging it out, I was wondering if people were actually gonna ask questions. Like everyone prior to me got a couple of pages worth of questions. Tails' list was probably the shortest I've seen him post since this thing started. It's almost like you didn't WANT me to be interviewed.
Well perfect. You got more than just the Smashboards Sonic community to get in on this. That's exactly what I'm trying to promote around here, because a lot of communities are intertwined, and people know people outside of places.

I'm sorry you didn't quite get the response you wanted from this community in particular, but that comes with earning the respect of individual players. I personally am not bagging you, but I can't speak for everybody else, nor do I claim to. I'm just observing the... lack of activity from here as of late and trying to see if there's a pattern from it. :/

From what I gather, there's a very good reason why Espy and Tenki got the first two positions, while others like Goggles and Speed got theirs (Goggles is notorious for being the arrogant and cocky, but knowledgable and intellectual person he is once you get to know him, and everybody knows Speed as the talented guy who just happens to come here seeking advice every now and then even though he's still probably better than the grand majority of the people who help him out).

... Meh, I tried to word it as best as I can, and even then I don't think there was much I could've done to try and make it not sound offensive.

If it makes you feel better, you can just edit my question into your post, we can start the new voting process, and I'll work on updating the OP again.

My vote goes to Chis. I can't believe nobody else appears to be any bit interested in learning more about the origins of our (IMO strict but fair) personal moderator, a little bit about the way he thinks and his opinion on some things, and other stuff of that sort and otherwise.

Can I get a bandwagon started now, perhaps?

Excel:

Do people address you as "*****?" (if it's astericks, it's basically the non-derogatory N-word.) If yes, who? Friends, family, anybody? If not, is it because you personally don't like to be addressed as such and request that people don't?

You've openly admitted to being homosexual. How often do you go about that? Are you passionate about it or do you tend to be more of a "closet homo?"

How do you spend your free-time as of late?

Got any weird obsessions? It's a yes or no question, you don't have to say what they are if you do, but bonus points if you talk about it~.

What was your childhood like?

What are your plans for smash, and your future in general?

Is there any place you'd like to visit?

Any place you'd like to live in that isn't your hometown?

English mutha-f****a, do you speak it?

3.14159265 tastes pretty good, right?

What's your favorite flavor?

Do you still look out for the ice cream man so you can pay $1.00 for a popsicle of your favorite cartoon character or no?

What makes the Gingerbread man so slippery and hard to catch?

Cumhm?

¿Que hora es?

Did you get an online translator for the last question? If yes, was it accurate?

U got soemthin' against Mudkipz?

You probably find me a tad annoying, do you not?

How do you improve when you hit a stump?

Is there any type of music that under any circumstances you won't listen to? Why not?

Do you wear hats often?

What's your favorite brand of shoes?

Does almost count anywhere else besides horseshoes?

That's all I have for now. Start voting for a new candidate please.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'll super vote for Chis.
That's like, ten votes in one.
Sorry Espy, but I can't tell whether or not you have more influence than anybody else here. :/

Oh BTW, I didn't notice until now, and I won't say I'm not guilty of this either, but remember that if you vote for somebody, please at least have a couple of questions for the interviewee when and if the person you voted for becomes the next interviewee.

Reason being is because I don't want randoms to come here, vote for somebody, and not do or say anything in that week. It may turn out that the interviewee may not even respond in that given week, or to prevent an interviewee being put under the spotlight and in that week he/she doesn't have any questions. I trust this community but I will not have people being scapegoated and made a fool out of. Everybody likes to have attention, nobody likes to be felt humiliated or left out.

/says this as he goes to his council meeting, then off to Kita's house.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Sorry for ****ing up the thread. We were just playin', not meant to be taken as Troll questions, jsut bringing in some funny with all the serious questions.

What I'd like to know is how you got into the competitive smash scene?

Jenkins

Smash Lord
-What was your reaction when you heard that Sonic was announced in Brawl?

I was like "I know who I'm using." I actually didn't start out maining Sonic. I mained Marth/Wolf and then started playing nothing but Wolf and eventually dropped him for Fox. I mained Fox up until August of '09 when I got DIAGNOSED WITH DOWN SYNDROME.[

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Alright, I don't think anymore people are going to vote.

And with that said, Chis is our next interview, with 5 to 3 from Sonic-Rave A.K.A. Teh_Sharpie.

Maybe next time man, I'm really looking forward to interviewing you in the (possibly) soon future.

Until then, I'm going to have a lot of fun pushing the boundaries with our very own sub-forum moderator, Chis.

Also, I need something to do at school in 5 hours that isn't U.S. Government and I want to think of those questions in that time. Sue me. :X

:093:

Edit: Good grief, it's not 5, I counted 7 for him. This guy's definitely getting it.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Okay, here are my questions for Chis

-Why did you pick up Sonic as one of your characters in Brawl?

-What was your first reaction when Sonic was announced in Brawl?

-If you were part of the Brawl team, what changes would you do with Sonic or any other characters in Brawl?

-What characters would you add into Brawl?

-What's your top 3 favorite Sonic games?

-What are you top 3 favorite and least favorite Sonic characters?

-Have you ever been on a monorail?

-When did you become a moderator?

-What type of music are you into?

-What is your 3 favorite Sonic songs?

-Did you buy Sonic the Hedgehog 4 episode 1?

-Are you planning to buy Sonic Colors?

-Have you ever been on a GM Fishbowl?

-Do you read manga? If so, what are your 3 favorite manga series?

-Do you watch anime? If so, what are your 3 favorite anime series?

-Have you enter in any Brawl or any video game related tournaments?

I guess that should do for now. I'm kinda in a rush right now since I have to get my lab report put together and get ready to head to class :( (I still hate having this Friday lab class) I'll edit this post if more questions come up.

Edit:
Okay, currently just waiting for my class to start at 8:30am pdt so I have some time right now to add some more questions.

-Other than Brawl and Sonic games, what other type of games are you into?

-What is/was your favorite subject in school?

-What other characters do you play in Brawl?

-What characters do you play in Melee?

-Who was your main in Smash 64?

-Did you play Pokemon Trading Card Game?

-Chili Dogs or Steak?

-Do you have a hacked Wii?

-Is any of your systems modded?

-If you can go anywhere in the world, where would it be?

-What is your favorite legal stage to play on in Brawl? How about least favorite legal stage?

-What is your favorite match up with Sonic? How about least favorite?

-Do you get annoyed when I ask way too many questions in the interview topic?

With that said, I'm official done (for now). If I think of any more random questions, I'll edit or post a new post.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So what's it like being a moderator?

Specifically a moderator of this sub-forum?

How many questinos do you think you will have to answer "I'm not allowed to say?"

For everything personal, is there anything you can't respond to within reason? I know it'd be kind of silly to ask for your exact address, but something like the city/town you live in and nothing more is fine, yes?

Wanna talk about how you got the position?

Is it true that asking for modship is the last thing you want to do, or is that actually how you got in (based on credentials, whatever they are, you may know better than I would)?

Do you still get annoyed if people call you "Chris?"

Has being a moderator made you lost your sanity yet?

How was your forum-experience prior to being assigned to the position?

If it won't get you in trouble, do the higher-ups (still?) say nasty things about this place, or not since you've volunteered to keep things in-check?

Have you ever spoken on behalf of somebody to relive/tone down the punishment, or do you moderate like it were a job and keep everything professional?

Do you think you may actually have to hard-edit any of these posts?

I bet I'm the guy that's given you the most trouble as of yet, huh?

What do you think would happen if you suddenly retired? Chaos would ensue, yes/no/maybe?

Anything you've done as a mod that you regret to this day or do you feel you've done a fine job and there's nothing more you could do to do a better job?

Serious question since I really don't need anymore infractions. What's the furthest I could go as far as images go and not have it taken down/get me infracted? For example, let's say I put up a pantyshot, how would you treat it? As long as there's no nudity and there's full clothing, there shouldn't be a problem; right, or is there...? I assume physical contact like clothed-groping is a no-go either, yeah?

As for everything that isn't as borderlining, like censor-dodged captions or the occasional internet meme, I assume with the former it's a minor-infraction/fair warning to take it down/edit in censors, and with the latter it's no trouble, but you'd probably be annoyed as a mod and/or as a normal person, yes?

If it isn't an invasion of privacy, who has the most points built up around here? Compared to them, where do you stand?

For those that are new, do you want to talk about the time(s?) you yourself have been banned before you became a mod?

Have you been infracted once sicne you've become a mod or have you been clean since?

How has becoming a moderator changed your opinion on the way you (should?) behave on an online-forum, if it's changed your opinion at all?

Do you happen to mod/visit any other forum besides Smashboards? Do you check anything else besides the Sonic sub-forum here?

Is there anything I could ask of you that doesn't pertain to your role in this community?

How's life?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a totsi-pop (spelling check please?)?

How many people have asked you about your spelling of certain English words? I assume a lot of it is from foreigners, right?

How many of the English stereotypes apply to you? How much of it does it apply to you?

On my one trip to Europe about two or three years ago I remember something about how GB was going to outlaw smoking of cigarrettes. What happened to that? How did it turn out, for the better or worse? What do you feel this has done or hasn't done for you? (Kupo, answer this and I'll eat you and Speed's unborn babies! >=X)

I heard France doesn't take very kind to American tourists (that don't have money?)? How about British tourists? Why does it work like that? Does it really work like that or is that just a common misconception/stereotype?

How far down South have you traveled? How far East/West have you gone? Can you mention any place that's more north than GB besides the obvious North Pole?

Have you any connections with Santa Claus?

How far is the nearest bakery to you that sells crumpets?

You've admitted to not playing much Brawl anymore. Do you still keep up with the metagame, Sonic's metagame, or have you retired from that aspect all-together?

What do you think could be worked on by our sub-forum besides the obvious outdated matchup thread? Anything at all?

Do you have an estimated amount of how many internet memes you know? Including inside jokes like :093: and Steak?

How many do you think you could fit in one instance? Do you even care to try or do you really not care for this kind of thing?

Can you at least give me the satisfaction of the obvious numerical amount of internet memes or did you not have Toonami up there?

What do you do in your free-time?

Are you working/in-school? What do you do for a living/what are you studing for?

In your opinion, are you best person for the job of the Sonic ub-forum mod? If not, why?

Out of the community, who do you think would be next in line to take your place as mod should you be unable to carry it out, or you no longer wish to moderate? Would an admin have to (temporarily?) take over or perhaps you don't mind explaining how the process works since it's obvious you yourself have been through it?

Does the number eight mean anything to you? If so, what?

So you feel accomplished as for your contribution(s) to this community?

That's all I have for now. I gotta remember to save this... If I can think of anymore I'll be sure to edit them in here.

Edit: Here's the first of many possible new questions.

Any way you can suggest me to better remember :093: as the signature of my posts from this point onwards?

:093:

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I didn't look at Kin's and Tail's questions so my apologies if some of my questions are the same.

-Why did you want to become a mod?

-Do you like having power?

-Mario Party 4, play it?

- Want to?

-Was there any player that you looked up to back when you played Brawl?

-Would you still be playing Brawl if Wi-fi was better?

-Did you play any other characters other than Sonic?

-What is your preference in music?

-Did you mention my old sig (with the breasts dodging the bullet) and ask me to remove it? Susa said something about how somebody told me to remove it before.

- :093: ?

- Is there any way you could petition the creation of a Steak smiley on here?

- Fan of RPGs? If so, which ones?

- Do you like Tea?

- Hurr durr durr?

- Favorite food?

-Favorite Drink?

-Do you have any siblings?

-How about any pets?

- Final Question: Do you think you will have any regrets when the time comes to retire as a mod?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Other than Sonic Boards, do you post anywhere else?

Are people in England able to recognise Scottish notes yet?

How many times has people mistook your name to (PC) Chris?

Still play wifi?

Would you infract me if I used that Amy profile pic again?

You live in like, the best place for Brawl tournaments in the UK. Yet, you don't attend to them. Why?

Ever been to Scotland?

Which football team do you support?

Are you never laid back?

If you had the option, would you change your username? If so, what would it be?

Have you played a playstation game called Poy Poy?

Cloud Strife or Shadow the Hedgehog?

Scourge or Manic?

Amy or Sally?

Moogle or Zangoose?

How do (or did) you fare against Kataefi? Even? You better? He's better?

What was the last movie you saw? Did you enjoy it?

How fast is the speed of sound? 761 or 768mph or...?

Have you seen Still Game?

How tall are you?

Would you ever hit a female?

Fridays or Saturdays?

Uno or Monopoly?

Rocky I or Rocky II

Rocky III or Rocky IV?

You're trapped in a lift for 24 hours, who would you rather accompany you in that time; an emo? gangsta? hoodlum/ned?

How long does a water boil?

Are you mad?

These are really silly questions, aren't they?

Ever sang Never Gonna Give You Up irl?

Read the last 10 questions, do you notice anything?

...May add more later.

Originally posted by Kinzer
(Kupo, answer this and I'll eat you and Speed's unborn babies! >=X)
Oh now you're just teasing me

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
WHAT?! UNBORN BABIES?! I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH KUPO DKAODFKOFODKFKGRE.

...anyway...

Chis, ever thought of picking up brawl again?

how was ike when you used him?

when you were announced mod of Sonic boards, how were you?

dont you miss the good ol' days back here? Where...everyone "got along" in a funny way?

Favorite brawl player? Sonic player?

Kinza stole my how's life question. Mars is a world of wonders kinzer. :<

When yuh gonna understand dat emo=/=inferiority complex? :(

If its not too personal, what do you do most of the time? School?

What other games would you get into competitively?

If you played Sonic 4, your thoughts on it?

Favorite Color of Sonic in brawl?

more later if i can think of some...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey Chis, if you don't mind, whenever you get the chance, I'd like for you to answer the questions present to you the moment you take a look at this. The week's drawing to a close, and I gotta keep this moving.

That said, I'd like to encourage anymore people to ask some questions they may have, or come up with some. Really folks, any curiosity you may have, it's alright. That's exactly what an interview is, to get to know the person better.

...Or assuming nobody else really doesn't have anything else to say, I'll start the next voting process after Chis has answered the questions. Or next Monday, whichever comes sooner.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i never really believed you even when you first got here, so I have to ask. are you really >30 years old?

when was the last time somebody called you chris?

where you work at ***?

married?

kids?

why you live in england?

born and raised there?

what do you want to do/be/have in life, what is your end game?

If I paid for you to come to apex 2012, would you come?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My questions for Chis:

- Why Steiner?
- What's your favorite food, and how often do you eat it? Why is it your favorite?
- What are some awesome books you've read?
- Scissors or a knife?
- If you could have something really awesome in your pocket right now, what would it be?
- What's your favorite outfit to wear?
- Coffee or Tea? Why?
- Winter or Summer? Why?
- What's your favorite thing about the Sonic Community here on SWF?
- How furry are you? :3c

Top Bottom