• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light's vids: Featuring Hugs, Blood of the Fallen (Omar), and more

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. Just want to know what you guys think of my Peach. I particularly need help against young link. So just watch the vids and tell me what I can work on.

For the Omar fight, on first round the VCR ran out of tape so it didn't get recorded :( I won though.

Light (Peach) Vs. Blood of the Fallen (Shiek) Round 2
Light (Peach) Vs. Blood of the Fallen (Shiek) Round 3

The Hugs matches are a little bit older but I'll post them anyways. The first match was TERRIBLE!!! I don't even know why I am posting it lol. I was really nervous the first match and didn't play myself AT ALL. The second match is a lot better and it's a really close battle. (I know, there are a lot of turnips, so don't keep saying that...)

Light (Peach) Vs. Hugs (Samus) Round 1
Light (Peach) Vs. Hugs (Samus) Round 2

Yeah... Young Link... Help me!!! I can't get past the projectiles.

Light (Peach) Vs. Hanki (Young Link) Round 1
Light (Peach) Vs. Hanki (Young Link) Round 2
Light (Peach) Vs. Hanki (Young Link) Round 3

Edit: Also added some fights of Falco and Fox.

Light (Peach) Vs. Butters (Falco)
Light (Peach) Vs. Butters (Falco)
Light (Peach) Vs. Butters (Fox)

Thanks for watching, I appreciate any CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM. No bashing just to bash. :)

edub

Smash Apprentice
overall, i'd like to say good peach ^^

some things that I saw that I liked a whole lot was your ability to float cancel, in particular the forward air float cancel to down smash. and for the most part, very good edge gaurding with the turnups, and following through with arials (fair bair and nair u used all) to finish them off if they manage to get on stage. i also noticed a very good timing with your dsmash, which is very impressive. oh yeah, and in that last vid where you turnip the ylink and immediately grabbed, that was sweet!

now I saw minor things that you could change to improve your game play. first off, i would like to point out your throws. against the samus a few times, and against the ylink i saw you use back throw while you were in the middle of the stage. i feel that you could get a lot more combos off if you use uthrow or dthrow instead, especially when they are in the middle of the stage or at lower percentages. an obvious choice is dthrow or uthrow to nair. and then one time i saw you not use forward throw when the opponent was at high percentage. i'd say 90% plus you should just about always use forward throw.

now about your problem against ylink. this may seem obvious, but keep close to him. whenever you get far, he is smart and starts throwing projectiles, which you try to counter with turnips. the turnips gets trumped by his variety of 3 different projectiles. so keep close, try to use some grab combos.

another thing, there were a good amount of times where i saw you edge gaurding the ylink with turnips. that was very good, but theproblem is once he gets close enough to throw his grapple, you just stayed there throwing turnips. instead you should go to the ledge and throw a turnip down. i saw you doing this a couple times and missing, but it's still smarter than just trying to snipe with turnips when there is no possible angle to hit the grappled link.

anyways, i hope that this helps ^^

again great peach!

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the comments. Yeah I see what you mean with the back throw. I'll try and use that less. I just find it really hard to approach YLink sometimes especially when he's on the edge so I tend to use turnips.

edub

Smash Apprentice
haha, i understand. and in no means am i saying not to use those turnips, i'm just trying to point out (which you already know) that the turnips won't out-do his projectiles, so you just need to get close as soon as possible.
one way to approach may be to float, nair to block boomerang, and throw a turnip to block bombs, and then by that time you may be close enough to float cancel a fair or dair. that's just one idea, but i'm sure that there are other ways to approach as well.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
wow!!! you played awesome round 2. sucks hugs won by a few percentages.... man everything... well most of the stuff i was thinking you did. especially when samus was in the little circle far out the left stage doing his bomb jumps. if you would've nailed that neutral a like you attempted that was your win. but that match was super exciting. good stuff first hugs match though... :x i'd prolly do 3x as worse though.

i watched rd 2 set 2 young link match.... c'mon man... you gave up easy grab opportunitys... f-throw thats his stack. im not gonna speak of any instances but... *cough* YOUNG LINK TAUNTING!!!! *cough* i'd cosign with edub on getting closer to. there was a few times to tighten the gap between you two.

overall though excellent peach!!!

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Hey light we played at the Round Robin anyways. You have some pretty good moves, but your turnip throwing is novice. Ill watch out for that fair to down smash. Peach forever

Top Bottom