• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lie Detector: Death Note l OVER l Unfortunately they won't be making an appearance...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
2020 Edit: I don't get this game. I'm not sure how players were supposed to figure out who Kira was?

Lie Detector : Death Note

So Kira is here... in this very room.

How to Play
[] To sign up, send the moderator a first and last name privately. This will be used as your true identity. Think of something that cannot be traced back to you. A standard name like Bill Thompson generally works best. But you are free to be creative.

[] A list containing all the identities along with 1 extra name will be provided for the public viewing of the players.

[] The identity of "Kira" will be chosen at random and all will be told that this is the identity of Kira.

Detectives:
[] It is the detectives' job to find out which among you the Kira identity belongs to so you can arrest him and end Kira's tyranny once and for all.

[] Players may vote for a player to be placed upon the lie detector (or in this case a DNA analysis machine). Upon majority vote, that player will be hooked to the lie detector, their identity will be revealed and the votes reset. Players may change votes or unvote at any time before a majority is set (use the commands "Vote: Player Name" and "Unvote"). If the identity of Kira is revealed, the Detectives win.

Kira:
[] Kira must kill all 6 detectives to win. If Kira fails to kill any one of them, he loses.

[] To kill, Kira must know a person's identity (first and last name) a long with their face (avatar). To kill a person Kira must write their name in his death note (send the moderator the person's name and their avatar). If correct, that person will die and be removed from the game. However, Kira does not have his full death note with him. All he has is a small piece of the note hidden in his watch compartment with enough space to write 8 full names. Kira may write a name on his note at any time (and may send in multiple targets at once).

[] Kira is knowledgeable of the which i.d is the extra identity.

Prohibitions
1. Screen shots are not allowed.
2. The use of code is not allowed.
3. The use of language other than English is not allowed.
4. No communication outside of the thread unless privately with the moderator.
5. Quoting private communication with the moderator is not allowed.
6. Editing posts is not allowed.

The Players
1. BSL
2. The Phazon Assassin
3. The Real Gamer
4. Badwolf
5. Gheb
6. Hando
7. dabuz

The Identities
Allan Brady
Bill Jones
Charles Bernard
John Smith
John Smith
Susan Conally
Thomas Jefferson
Tiny Tina

The identity of Kira is... John Smith! Kira is among you in this very room. Eliminate him before he eliminates you!​

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This sounds fun. Count me in (I'll send a name in a bit)!

Quick question though... What's the purpose of the extra identity exactly? I fail to understand how this benefits the detectives since they'll be "ID'ing" people based on their play as opposed to who might have which code name, and I don't understand how it benefits Kira either since he'll already know which name is fake.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It benefits Kira because you can still ask each other your identities without using the lie detector. So if someone just happens to ask Kira his identity and he provides a i.d that would automatically pin him against the person who has the real i.d (they would counter claim) so then basically all the detectives would have to do as put each of those two players on the lie detector to win. So with the fake i.d, Kira can safely claim a name without being counter claimed.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
BSL I'll make sure to put in the title when the game is starting if you don't want to have to keep checking before then :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It benefits Kira because you can still ask each other your identities without using the lie detector. So if someone just happens to ask Kira his identity and he provides a i.d that would automatically pin him against the person who has the real i.d (they would counter claim) so then basically all the detectives would have to do as put each of those two players on the lie detector to win. So with the fake i.d, Kira can safely claim a name without being counter claimed.

Ohhh I see I somehow overlooked the part where you said the ID of Kira will be ID'ed along with the fake name the person provided... Gotcha!

EDIT: Cool points for BSL for having Captain Marvel in his avatar :D (SHAZAM!)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yes I know I'm cool you don't need to tell me.

Zen I meant the "watch" function on the forums. You're fine. Thanks though :)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Kind of forgot what this is but ill pretend like I know what's going on once it starts.

Handorin

Smash Hero
What's the time commitment like?

And what stops the detectives from putting everyone on the lie detector? Is there a punishment so to say for being wrong, or a night phase, or whatever?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

And what stops the detectives from putting everyone on the lie detector? Is there a punishment so to say for being wrong, or a night phase, or whatever?
Well the punishment is that Kira can now kill them since he knows the face and name. (If i'm reading these rules correctly)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

No deadline so the players can manage that. I imagine it wont take too long.

And dabuz is correct. The drawback is that Kira would have full confirmation of their identity and could kill the player at any time he'd like. No night phases. Just one single phase.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Alright. I giving this a go. Death Note is kind of what inspired me to get into mafia.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The Players
1. BSL
2. The Phazon Assassin
3. The Real Gamer
4. Badwolf
5. Gheb
6. Hando
7. dabuz

The Identities
Allan Brady
Bill Jones
Charles Bernard
John Smith
John Smith
Susan Conally
Thomas Jefferson
Tiny Tina

The identity of Kira is... John Smith! Kira is among you in this very room. Eliminate him before he eliminates you!​

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Good, now that everyone is here...

*Slams fist onto the desk*

ONE OF YOU IS JOHN SMITH, ALSO KNOWN AS KIRA!

I do not know who that is, but your crimes have gone on long enough.

*Throws a glass against the wall*

Whoever you are, but mark my words that we shall find out who you are.

*Looks around the room, meeting everyone's eyes*

And you shall be punished to the full extent of the law.

*Looks at the door*

NONE OF US SHALL LEAVE UNTIL THE KILLER KNOWN AS KIRA IS BROUGHT INTO JUSTICE.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Good, now that everyone is here...

*Slams fist onto the desk*

ONE OF YOU IS JOHN SMITH, ALSO KNOWN AS KIRA!

I do not know who that is, but your crimes have gone on long enough.

*Throws a glass against the wall*

Whoever you are, but mark my words that we shall find out who you are.

*Looks around the room, meeting everyone's eyes*

And you shall be punished to the full extent of the law.

*Looks at the door*

NONE OF US SHALL LEAVE UNTIL THE KILLER KNOWN AS KIRA IS BROUGHT INTO JUSTICE.

Dat authoritative attitude... *swoons*

...but wait

what if YOU are Kira?!?!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
[] To kill, Kira must know a person's identity (first and last name) a long with their face (avatar). To kill a person Kira must write their name in his death note (send the moderator the person's name and their avatar). If correct, that person will die and be removed from the game. However, Kira does not have his full death note with him. All he has is a small piece of the note hidden in his watch compartment with enough space to write 8 full names. Kira may write a name on his note at any time (and may send in multiple targets at once).

Kira only has 8 guesses.

I am Bill Jones.

:059:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@mod: what happens if the non-Kira John Smith has his DNA tested?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Another thing that's interesting about this is that since there's no night phase we can take as long as we need to get enough information before we put someone on the lie detector.

Top Bottom