• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Lets settle this; Which would you rather see?

Which would you rather see?

• Total voters

Corona

Smash Apprentice
There is a debate going on about the specifics of a particular crew battle. Just to save confusion on who is voting for what, lets just settle this here.

Option #1: Elite Low Tier Mains vs. Elite High Tier Mains (the Fox Hater idea)

The idea here is to showcase the level of viability of Low Tier characters against High Tier characters by pitting the BEST who play of both sides against each other. ~5 different Low Tier and High Tier characters will each be represented in this crew battle by Elite players who main the character used. No duplicate characters. Although this will probably very well be a one sided battle, the enjoyment of this comes from the roller coaster of emotions that is sure to happen when the Low Tiers near a victory. Do you like an "under-dog" story? Remember the hype when aSMa took that match from Mew2King? Here is your best chance to see the mega upset. More details about possible participants and of the structure of the match can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/top-...-few-others-crew-battle-event-at-apex.339246/

Option #2: Elite Low Tier Mains vs. The Best using Their Low Tier Secondaries (Major Moses and others)

The idea here is to answer the question "Does the character make then man; or does the man make the character?" Just like in the first option, ~5 of the best Low Tier Mains (again no duplicate characters) will take on the Best in the world (we are talking M2K, Armada, HBox, Mango, and Dr. PP), only this time, the Best will be using their Low Tier Secondaries. As Major Moses put it, "of course we know they're all great no matter who they use but will it be enough to beat people who main low tiers?" This battle is sure to be MUCH more even than the first option, and it would be very interesting to see the Best play the characters we rarely see them use competitively. Again, ideas for this match can be found at: http://smashboards.com/threads/top-...-few-others-crew-battle-event-at-apex.339246/

strawhats

Smash Master
Glad that there is a poll for this thing, although I'd imagine the top players will do whatever they wanna do at Apex, regardless of what we vote for.

Corona

Smash Apprentice
Glad that there is a poll for this thing, although I'd imagine the top players will do whatever they wanna do at Apex, regardless of what we vote for.
I totally agree. These are pretty much "dream" scenarios for each instance and by no means are any players locked for this match. This does point out a MAJOR plus for the first option over the second option in my opinion. The second option seems to need the Starpower of the "Best Five" for it to be really interesting where all you would need is a respected group of top tier mains (which there are plenty of) for the first option to be interesting.

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
I don't care as long as the match isn't a total bust and most if not all participants actually play from both sides.

JKJ

Smash Ace
So like we can pick 5 from

Axe - Pikachu
Strong Bad - DK
Abate/Vudujin - Luigi
Mofo - Ness
Taj - Mewtwo
LordHDL - Link
DJ Nintendo - Bowser
V3ctorman/amSa - Yoshi
Cosmo - Zelda
Qerb - G&W

And they get

Mango - Mario
Dr. PeePee - I have no idea
Armada - Young Link (but he's retired)
Mew2King - Mewtwo
Hbox - Ness

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Mario and Pikachu don't really count as low tier, otherwise you'd have to include Ganon and Samus and Doc in there

But uhh, option two would be cool to see I guess, option one would just be a stomp fest.

Top Bottom