• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's come up with more first-party Smash characters that have so little combat source material that their movesets are forced to be made up!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Here is a comparison between "elegy of emptiness" and "missingno" and "missingno" wins in popularity by a landslide. This suggests to me that Missingno. has made a much larger impact. Though I am not familiar with the Elegy of Emptiness statue, so maybe I ought to have used another term.
Yep, you didn't use the right term.

I think fan culture is the best metric. It is fans who would care about these characters. The characters that are iconic are IMO the best characters to put into the games.
Measuring it is utterly prone to myopia and bias, not to mention the growing list of things that are too popularly demanded to ignore but still aren't in.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
...Okay he isnt first party but
Sans you would have to make up everything including why he even fights in the first place!

I guess octorok would count!
Although if you treat octorok like PirahnaPlant its going to be easy!

And elfilin would need to
Pull from his full self/ Other Half Fecto Forgo/Elfilis which would make sense considering the last bit of live that remained willingly joined with him!
I could see the same justification be used for him appearing as a dream friend

...Ninten
He has no battle moves so tbh he shouldnt get another cloned moveset considring he and ness look identical

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay, a weirder concept that I don't have a full moveset for (and hopefully won't be as controversial as MissingNo... sorry about that!);

Who is this dashing fellow?, you may be wondering to yourself. Well, it's not exactly a character. It's the icon from Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics' President, and that's where I'd take his name from - either President, or Clubhouse President.

Generally speaking, he'd be a character on the smaller and lighter side, who I can imagine animating not dissimilarly to the Card Soldiers in Alice in Wonderland in terms of being able to walk around rather than just hopping - but most of his attacks would instead use all kinds of Clubhouse Games (get it?).

One that springs to mind is an up special where he rides on a chess piece - specifically, a white knight as seen on the icon for chess in Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics - in one of eight selectable directions. You could control the direction he moves in (which would work just like the knight in chess) but by default it's a rapid movement upward, then a slightly less distant one forward.

Obviously there's tons of other attacks you could go with, too - whether it be his jab using the boxing gloves from Toy Boxing, perhaps having a Toy Tank or a Slot Car for his dash attack, dropping a piano for his down air, or even sillier things like tipping dominoes or tossing a dice projectile that deals more damage based on what number it rolls. He'd be a ton of fun!

That aside, Clubhouse Games is by this point a multi-game series - and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics is apparently the 29th best-selling game on the Switch (for context, that's more than games like Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Kirby Star Allies!) This'd be weird but cool. Idk. He's neat

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Okay, a weirder concept that I don't have a full moveset for (and hopefully won't be as controversial as MissingNo... sorry about that!);

Who is this dashing fellow?, you may be wondering to yourself. Well, it's not exactly a character. It's the icon from Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics' President, and that's where I'd take his name from - either President, or Clubhouse President.

Generally speaking, he'd be a character on the smaller and lighter side, who I can imagine animating not dissimilarly to the Card Soldiers in Alice in Wonderland in terms of being able to walk around rather than just hopping - but most of his attacks would instead use all kinds of Clubhouse Games (get it?).

One that springs to mind is an up special where he rides on a chess piece - specifically, a white knight as seen on the icon for chess in Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics - in one of eight selectable directions. You could control the direction he moves in (which would work just like the knight in chess) but by default it's a rapid movement upward, then a slightly less distant one forward.

Obviously there's tons of other attacks you could go with, too - whether it be his jab using the boxing gloves from Toy Boxing, perhaps having a Toy Tank or a Slot Car for his dash attack, dropping a piano for his down air, or even sillier things like tipping dominoes or tossing a dice projectile that deals more damage based on what number it rolls. He'd be a ton of fun!

That aside, Clubhouse Games is by this point a multi-game series - and Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics is apparently the 29th best-selling game on the Switch (for context, that's more than games like Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Kirby Star Allies!) This'd be weird but cool. Idk. He's neat
a card with a moustache and a hat?! sign me up

FazDude

Smash Master
Here's some more elevator pitches:
  • Foreman Spike: The movie gave him a spike (pun intended) of popularity, but he doesn't have much to work with when it comes to the games. I could see him borrowing most of his normals from Mario and King Dedede, with a more stage-control-orientated set of specials, such as building Steve-like walls with Neutral Special (albeit in a much more limited capacity) and throwing around timed dynamite for setups.
  • MC Ballyhoo: Has even less inherent moves than Spike does, but I think he'd be a fun rep for the Mario Party series. Let him use items and candies from throughout the series, with some RNG built in to truly capture the luck factor of MP.
  • Morshu: Ravio is probably the most sensible Zelda shopkeeper to join the fight from an objective standpoint, but Morshu would be funny too. In addition to lamp oil, rope, and bombs, let him wield some other items from the series.
  • Aran Ryan: If we can't get the purple cheater man, might as well get the green one. His boxing glove flail would give him more reach than Little Mac, but he wouldn't have the same kind of power to him.
  • Creeper, Pillager, or Enderman: I am perfectly content with Steve being the only Minecraft rep, but having a mob in would be really fun. Pillager has the most to work with out of this bunch, but Creeper and Enderman are a lot more iconic, with the latter's potential of being a lightweight grappler letting it stand out among the cast.
  • Anyone from Pro Wrestling: Incineroar kinda fills the wrestling niche nowadays, but this cast could serve as suitable substitutes.
  • Goku (Yūyūki): okay but imagine if they actually did this
  • Space Invaders: Really weird putting such iconic gaming characters here, but out of the tons of Space Invaders games out there, only a small handful give us anything substantial for a Smash moveset. While said handful of games could fill out the specials, you'd have to get creative with normals. My suggestion would be controlling a horde of three Invaders, with one despawning once you reach certain damage thresholds. Less Invaders means less weight and power, but also more speed.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 : Damn, I was trying to think of a way to represent Clubhouse Games given how successful it's been by all accounts (didn't know it's outsold Three Houses and Star Allies though). But everything I could think of ended up way too "public domain" like this.

And then you manage to come up with something that feels uniquely "Nintendo" on top of the public domain elements.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Few ideas
Goomba: armless Biped that’s iconic
Rambi: Rhino mount that can ram into opponents
Magikarp: The Easy to catch fish
Wobbuffet: the counter attack Pokémon
Pyukumuku: Sea Cucumber with literally no attacking moves, but can still use toxic
Cosmog and Cosmoem: Most useless Pokémon ever, they literally have no attacking moves (outside struggle, but chances are, they will be defeated before using it) and you cant even make them learn them. Thankfully Sogaleo and Lunala have tons of cool moves to make up for it.
Creeper: Exploding enemy from Minecraft

That is all I got, but I found choices no one thought of yet

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
By that logic, Mario is a much better character to represent creepypasta than Elegy of Emptiness statue is.

IMO featuring in a relatively obscure creepypasta like Ben Drowned does not make something an icon as much as being arguably the most famous glitch character in video game history does.
It seems you mixed up the line colors.
----
As much as I rag on Beedle for how boring he is and how he replaced Tingle as the oddly specific "recurring goofy merchant whose end names in -le", I'll put him forth as a possibility due to how recurring he's been for over two decades in Zelda at this point.

I could at least imagine him sharing an attack with Captain Toad: a backpack spin.

1FC0

Smash Lord
It seems you mixed up the line colors.
Indeed, looks like the story is famous.

Maybe the statue would be cool. He is kind of like Jigglypuff and Piranha Plant; not-famous characters from a famous franchise. Missingno. is more like Rosalina or a starter Pokémon I think; a somewhat famous character from a very famous franchise. But I like both.

Anyway, A good character came to mind. A character I would like to see is Dr. Mason from the Pokémon Gameboy TCG. His Final Smash could be summoning Sam to trap opponents in the horribly boring practice duel which players are forced into at the beginning of the game.

Top Bottom