• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let me know what i did wrong :]

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
So basically ive recent become really into peach and wanted to pick her up
only problem is everytime i play her i get horrible destroyed, thus leading to me not putting matches up and actually figuring out what ive been doing wrong
so im finally doing it, theres some terribly sad matches in here but most arent half bad (i hope)
any advice, tips, critique or "you did this wrong" are greatly appreciated.

vs Falco
vs Link
vs Ganon
vs Falcon
vs Falcon
vs GaW
vs Bowser
vs Puff

we used justintv so you can hear us talking and i appologize for any offensive language, you can mute it :]

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Don't apologize for the commentary because it's hilarious, lol. " I hate peach. I was playing her in a tourney and ... I just kept jumping off the stage. "

Against falco, one of the better edge gaurds is to use peach's back air (float canceled usually).
People have more trouble teching that than downsmash.

Also di his shine left or right. Di pretty much everything that sends you straight up left or right. Look out for dair-shine b/c that can't be crouch cancel downsmashed, at least not as effectively as nair-shine can at low percentages. If you shield a dair or nair WAIT FOR THE SHINES to come out and then punish his jump.

If you're in too much pressure, you have to roll ( falco is gay like that.)

Haven't watched the other videos yet. Keep practicing.

sonofashrub

Smash Apprentice
You approach so predictably...
like all you do is run in, dash in, or jump in with an attack. You're too aggressive for the amount of skill you have, and you aren't floating very often. Floating is where most of your mind games come from.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
lol harsh but legit
but yea i do depend on dash attack to get inside
i feel like her floating is way to slow to do anything as a head on approach

and i try to play a more agro peach because she can be such a campy character
but agro with a not so agro character would lead to me getting ***** i guess lol

so switch up the approach and float more?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
As I said in Cort's thread, you shouldn't be approaching much at all. If you need to, sh height float height works. Don't leave yourself open for counters. Peach isn't good at approaching because of the speed issue, but she can approach laglessly if done right. Use a mix of floats, turnips, and occasional dash attacks to do it properly. Peach has countless approaching tricks, use them wisely.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
wise words from both
if you guys could tell me which match or matches your talking about that would be really helpful just so i can go back and watch

Top Bottom