• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Key Vulnerability

verbatim

Smash Ace
About half of the Smash 4 cast can be hit by a key while hanging from the ledge after they lose their invincibility. Of them, the most prevalent competitive threat that this applies to are:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Pikachu
  • MK
  • Yoshi
  • Villager
  • Ness
  • DK

This would have probably been better posted pre EVO since key hitting ledge and pellet healing off of Lloids would have made Pacman a hard counter to stallager.

Normally, when we put a Trampoline down on the ledge to cover ledge getups or set up for traps we try to do it as close to before they getup as possible so they don't have time to see through the ruse. My theory is that if we intentionally put a Trampoline down well before they snap ledge they'll just try and wait it out, giving us a free key.

Full List
  • Mewtwo
  • Luigi
  • Duck Hunt Duo
  • Mii Gunner
  • Mario
  • Dr. Mario
  • Pikachu
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Meta Knight
  • Yoshi
  • Villager
  • Olimar
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Ness
  • Lucas
  • Donkey Kong
  • Charizard

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Thanks for going into the lab with this. I'll definately be trying it out. It also gives a better option than back air for when people grab the ledge twice.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
You can hit them with orange, key , ftilt, dtilt fsmash and dsmash.

Some character like wiifit trainer, villager, lucas change their animation on the ledge and you can only hit them when they are doing the special animation.

Something I do is , with a charged key on my pocket and my enemy is recovering I set up a hydrant trap on the ledge with the trampoline (Hydrant -> Bair -> UpB), they have to wait because the hydrant can hit them and I throw the key when I think the invencibility is gone.

Top Bottom