• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lamp Oil, Rope, Bombs! Morshu for Super Smash Bros!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

"Mmmmmmmmmmmm"

For those of you whowho have never been on the internet, Morshu is the shopkeeper from the infamous Philips CD-I game, Link: the Faces of Evil.
In the early 90s, Nintedno was partnered with Sony to dvelop a CD based add on for the Super Nintendo. Nintendo was also partnered with another company named Philips for the same project. When the CD add-on plan fell flat, Nintedno told Sony to go, and said they could use the plans for the add-on for themselves, and Sony went on to make the PlayStation. Nintendo then gave Phillips the rights to make Mario and Legend of Zelda games for their own console, The Phillips CD-I.
Phillips made 1 terrible Mario games, and 2 terrible Zelda games. Hotel Mario, Link: The Faces of Evil, and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon.

In Link: the Faces of Evil, there was a shopkeep named Morshu, who only had two Lines, but became very famous for them.
When you first talk to him he says, "Lamp Oil, rope, bombs? You want it? its yours my friend, as long as you have enough Rubees!"
If Link doesnt have enough "Rubees" Morshu says, "Im sorry Link, I can't give credit! Come baclk when your a little, mmmmmmmmmmm, RICHER!!!

Though this game was not published by Nintendo, Nintendo still owns him, as he is part of the Zelda series.

By adding him to Smash, he could show off that infamous side of Nintendo games.
He would be a silly joke character on purpose!
He is a famous Nintendo character, but in his own, memey way!

But he is just an overused meme, what can he actually do in Smash?
While Morshu does not directly fight in Faces of Evil, he can use the items he sells and is known for saying: Lamp Oil, Rope, and Bombs.
He can also use other in game items, like the wooden sword, a lamp, or even dungeon items like keys.

Lets take a look at potential items he can use.

Lampoil

This is obviously, the oil used to power a lamp.
It is an extremely flammable liquid.
It will explode upon being lighted, and is also extremely slippery when not ignited.

Bomb

This is pretty much self-explanitory.
They are just bombs.
They explode.

Enough said.

Rope

Again, pretty self-explanitory.
It is rope.
it can be used to grab onto things and pull them closer to you,

or b\it can pull you towards places or heavy objects.

Movesets:
[collapse=Special Only Moveset by Mega Bidoof]

Neutral B- [Rubees] Morshu shoots Rupees in 8 directions around him, which will deal a medium amount of damage to fighters. This attack must be used with caution, as Morshu can use it as long as he has enough Rupees. He starts off the battle with 3 Rupees, and can only use the attack 3 times until he runs out. He is Rupees will be restored whenever he defeats a fighter, or whenever he dies himself.

Side B- [Bombs] Rolls 3 bombs sideways. Each one does the same amount of knock back as Link's Bombs, and they also push the enemy up, so they are less likely to get hit by the next one as it will roll under them.

Down B- [Lamp Oil] drops a lantern on the ground and Lamp Oil spills onto the stage. Anyone who walks on it will slide in the direction they are walking, and will also trip. It is also very flammable, and if hit with an explosive object or fire it will explode with the power of a Bob-Omb.

Up B- [Rope] Swings a rope upwards, and can grab onto fighters and ledges. If it grabs onto a fighter, they will be pulled to the ground and put in a grabbing position as if Morshu grabbed them. If it grabs onto a ledge, Morshu will be pulled to the ledge and hang onto it.

Final Smash- [Book Of Korodai] takes out the Book Of Korodai and it flies towards the nearest fighter. The fighter will then get sucked into it while exclaiming, "NO! NOT INTO THE PIT! IT BURNS!" And they will take massive damage, before being pushed out and likely being knocked out of the stage.
[/collapse]

Signature and Roster Maker Icons:
Coming Soon!

List of supporters:
Mega Bidoof

Mega Dunsparce
MaskO'Gears

Sobreviviente

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I support Morshu. Add me... if you dare. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I can appreciate this thread just because of all the Youtube poops I've watched with Morshu in them, and laughing at them hysterically with my friends.

You want it? It's yours my friend!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Just one question, is Morshu owned by Nintendo?
I'm guessing it's a K. Rool situation.
Where they have another company their rights to a series, but the company added more characters, so Nintendo now owns those new characters.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Can I ask you why not Beedle or even Tingle to be the shopkeeper that would represent the Zelda Series?
.n_n.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can I ask you why not Beedle or even Tingle to be the shopkeeper that would represent the Zelda Series?
.n_n.
Because I'm the king of wtf characters, that's why.
And Tingle is not really a shopkeeper.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

I, MEGA BIDOOF,
LEADER OF THE REVIVERS, SWORN SAVIORS OF THREADS THAT DONT GET THE ATTENTION THEY DESERVE,
HEREBY REVIVE THIS THREAD!!!!!

This is also part of a movement I am doing were I am redoing some of my threads to make them more professional and hopefully more popular.

I am going to add a Moveset to the OP.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Frame data? Disjointed hit boxes? L cancel? You can have it all if you have enough supporters.

Gannondorf: dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom