• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LA Smash tournaments On Oct 12. all smash games... - October 12th, 2013 - Los Angeles,California

Gabo Peach Lover

Smash Rookie
Local tournament for all super smash brothers fans! We will throw several tournaments in the same event for all Smash gamers.
............You do not need to be pro to participate..........

There will be 4 categories:
Super Smash bros 64(singles)
Super Smash Bros melee(singles)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (singles)
Project M (singles)

The minimum amount of people needed to carry out any of these categories is 6. If not enough people enroll the category will be cancelled.

Tickets per category are $5.

Rules

Double elimination tournament
Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five
The other matches will be best of three.
Rules for each game will be covered in the tournament. (default formats such as 4 stock 8:00 min. time limit as well as banned stages will apply).

Prizes
The prize money will be distibuted between the venue and the winners

Venue keeps half of the $ the other half will be distributed between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
1st place 50%
2nd place30%
3rd place 20%
(so invite people. The more people come, the higher
the prize).

THE MORE SETUPS THE BETTER!!!!!
Bring your controllers and set-ups, spare controllers are not guaranteed .
Players have access to free parking.
We're gonna be selling some snacks and drinks. There are several restaurants around the area that you can get food from.
NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED in the event. All ages are welcome.

Doors open at 3:00 for registration (you're welcome to warm-up or chill out with us) and the tournament starts at 3:45.

If transportation is a problem. Let us know, we might be able to arrange some carpooling.

Hey guys, first time throwing a tournament. Any suggestions are appreciated and also if you can drop by and join the tournament it will make better competition and a larger smash community. Thanks.

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1421290624756597/

D

Deleted member

bump! you should try to post the ruleset as well.

D

Deleted member

Also, you may want to fix the title; make it pacific west by going to the top right corner and clicking edit, and then choosing "pacific west" in the selections next to the title. You should also put "los angeles, california" where it says "city, state" so it makes this easier to find for people.

Gabo Peach Lover

Smash Rookie
Also, you may want to fix the title; make it pacific west by going to the top right corner and clicking edit, and then choosing "pacific west" in the selections next to the title. You should also put "los angeles, california" where it says "city, state" so it makes this easier to find for people.
Thanks for the help. I think I finally did it right :) If I missed anything let me know.

D

Deleted member

Also, If I may, I suggest using the general legal rulesets for each game. I can provide the brawl one here if you'd like.
Bring your own controller.

Settings:
3 stocks
8 minute timer
Items set to off and none
Team Attack On
Pause Off*
No aesthetic hacks*

Stages:
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Gameplay:
•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five.
•All other sets are best of three.
•Timeout victories are determined by stock count, ledge grab limit (35 per player), percent.
•Double Meta Knight is banned in teams.
•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing is banned (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, stalling under the stage, etc.).

Conduct:
•Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players (i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
•Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and liable for any damages they render.
•Coaching is allowed only between games.
•Bracket manipulation is not allowed (intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, subbing).
•Wii Remote must have batteries removed when not playing.

All other inquiries and issues are determined at the discretion of the TO. Failure to adhere to rules will lead to punishment at the TO's choosing, which could include the removal from the venue.

First game procedure:*
-Players determine who chooses port and who chooses stage strike order, if necessary by coin flip (or other method agreed to by players)
-Players choose port, alternating between teams in doubles.
-Players strike stages in alternating order:
1 strike - 2 strikes - 1 strike - 1 strike - 1 strike

After each game:*
-Players may counter pick the next stage and controller port after a game loss.
-Players may strike the last stage they lost on during their opponents counter pick.
-Players may (additionally) strike another stage during their opponents counter pick.

In the event of a tie, a 1 stock 3 minute lgl 10 match will be played to determine the winner.

*per request by player

Top Bottom