• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

Would anyone consider this a pattern if Krystal was revealed shortly after further information regarding the Assault Great Fox stage?
I'd say possibly...then again, Sakurai has been on a crusade to destory fan patterns so who knows. We have to wait...

Also, we have hit 4K hits!

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone consider this a pattern if Krystal was revealed shortly after further information regarding the Assault Great Fox stage?
Well... the Kid Icarus stage was revealed prior to the Lumiose city stage and Greninja was revealed prior to Palutena, however, Sakurai didn't really show much about the Kid Icarus stage until the April Direct but, if we get a better look at the Starfox stage with a reveal from Krystal after that then I would greatly consider it as a likely pattern of foreshadowing.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Well... the Kid Icarus stage was revealed prior to the Lumiose city stage and Greninja was revealed prior to Palutena, however, Sakurai didn't really show much about the Kid Icarus stage until the April Direct but, if we get a better look at the Starfox stage with a reveal from Krystal after that then I would greatly consider it as a likely pattern of foreshadowing.
I think you're on to something man! We might not even see the Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Kirby, Earthbound, or Yoshi stages until after the release of the game!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I think you're on to something man! We might not even see the Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Kirby, Earthbound, or Yoshi stages until after the release of the game!
They do seem to be keeping a lot of stages under wraps this time around. My guess is it's because those stages are the more basic, less dynamic ones that'd get less attention from being a PotD (but probably more use in tournaments).

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
it will be the rest of the Starfox stage! I hope...
Even having Falco return in a potd would be interesting, since Fire Emblem did this with Ike.

But yes, as the days dwindle down towards the release, I can't help but feel more and more anxious each coming potd--the survival of certain characters could end (in terms of being on the roster) *snap*, just like that.

I have a strong feeling these next few weeks will be interesting...

Weavel

Smash Ace
I am hoping krystal gets a cinematic with other star fox characters fighting other returning vets or the like.

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
So... what do you do when your bored out of your mind on a hot Summers day and you got nothing better to do?

you make a Newcomer gif of Krystal thats what you do...

not the best gif ever but I'd rather make this then just some static image (makes the dreaming feel just a bit more real)

speaking of which I'm thinking of making a Meta Ridley one next, think It would work?

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
So... what do you do when your bored out of your mind on a hot Summers day and you got nothing better to do?

not the best gif ever but I'd rather make this then just some static image (makes the dreaming feel just a bit more real)

speaking of which I'm thinking of making a Meta Ridley one next, think It would work?
Is it possible that I could use this as sig??? Love this.

Weavel

Smash Ace

Go for it.

Also just watched the movie your avatar is from, its just superb.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

Im sorry but I liked this so much had to use as sig

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
At this point, I'm remaining more and more hopeful for her inclusion each day. So many things are in her favor at the moment and it seems that she has the potential to be in this game.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
She better be in the game. Lucina secured a spot over Chrom (who is far more important to Awakening) simply because she is female. Krystal has no real competition left in the StarFox series. Slippy would be utterly redundant, but Krystal could easily have a unique moveset. If Lucina made it in, then so should Krystal.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
She better be in the game. Lucina secured a spot over Chrom (who is far more important to Awakening) simply because she is female. Krystal has no real competition left in the StarFox series. Slippy would be utterly redundant, but Krystal could easily have a unique moveset. If Lucina made it in, then so should Krystal.
No she didn't. Actually, Lucina is arguably more important than Chrom, and even then, Lucina was an easy alt converted to a full playable character. Do the research. Would Chrom fans prefer him to have been an alt of Ike? Because that's the best he'd have gotten.

As for Krystal, she is the next mostlikely Star Fox character and I'd love her to be in, I just have huge doubts about her.

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry but I liked this so much had to use as sig
be my guest just remember that i'll be using this one and whatever new one I make in my own sig eventually, so if you can't stand seeing your sig on some one else's post then this probably isn't for you

all in all it's up to you, If you wana go to town on it in flash and edit it a bit thats fine too I don't mind or anything.

No she didn't. Actually, Lucina is arguably more important than Chrom, and even then, Lucina was an easy alt converted to a full playable character. Do the research. Would Chrom fans prefer him to have been an alt of Ike? Because that's the best he'd have gotten.

As for Krystal, she is the next mostlikely Star Fox character and I'd love her to be in, I just have huge doubts about her.
no doubts my friend. ONLY DREAMS, BELEVE IN YOUR DREAMS:awesome:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One other thing I noticed. All the newcomers from existing series so far are ones that became significant/existed after Brawl's launch. I'm hoping they're focusing on them to attrach the most attention while wanted but older characters like giant purple space dragon, Dixie Kong and furry-bait Krystal are unlockable.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I feel like, even if Krystal isn't on the main roster, we might have her as DLC. And then she could make the jump from DLC to in game content in the next iteration.

Really hoping we'll have her as a character. While I'm glad there's more females this time around, I would like it if there were more females that I actually liked...or females I would have nothing against. So far, Krystal hasn't been deconfirmed and it makes me hopeful for her inclusion given she was popular at the time of SSBB and that she's still supported. Not only on this website, but also some other places.

Then again, I say this but, um... She's on the same boat as Ridley, K. Rool and Dixie. Other characters that I would like as well. But since DLC is considered, and Krystal is arguably a character with a strong fanbase, I think she would be picked and developed after the game has released if she wasn't planned for this entry.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I'm just wondering... how many people here think we are getting DLC characters after the game comes out?

If so, then how likely do you think Krystal will be for DLC? (assuming she's not in the initial game.)

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
If there's DLC, I find her very likely (80%). I was doubting the fact that we'd have DLC but some people reminded me that it was considered.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I think DLC is a definite. I fully believe that Gematsu was right on that aspect, so if Krystal isn't on the roster initially, I would hope we'd see her in there.

Also, @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman I know you feel that way, but you're in a support thread here. Despite her chances, we want her in and will continue to push for her inclusion. Having doubts is fine, but constantly bringing it up to fond supporters of her will only get you backlash. We should be rooting for her together! (Oh, and I believe her chances are far greater than interpreted.)

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
To be honest, it would be both a shame and a wasted opportunity to make more money for Nintendo if they don't develop downloadable content.

D

Deleted member

Wow that's really in depth. Any way of adding this to the OP? (with credit, of course)
If Shorts noticed it, he could add it if he wants to (Kind of pointless to ask a mod when the owner is still around)

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Hmmm, I think you have a point. Thinking more, I would probably do the same, and so would a lot of people.

But I'm still not sure I would make an exception for Lakilulu or Baby Daisy for example (yes, we're talking really lame characters).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I have a hunch that the next Smash Bros. Direct will have a Star Fox themed video with Wolf,Falco, and Krystal revealed as playable characters
That would be a good way to reveal a lot of characters right before release, but I'm not sure they would reveal all of them maybe krystal and either falco or wolf

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
That would definitely be nice but I'm having doubts about it... I mean, they did reveal Lucina and Robin at the same time, but they didn't reveal 3 FE characters at the same time while they could have, instead they put Captain Falcon with them...

Do we really think it's possible for Falco, Wolf and Krystal to be revealed at the same time in the same trailer ? It seems a little farfetched and overkill. It would be a big Starfox information dump and it's uncharacteristic of Sakurai to do this.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
They could always make a trailer with Krystal and either Falco / Wolf. For example, Krystal fights an unseen foe, and she gets back up from Falco / Fox, or Wolf gets pwned by Ness and she intervenes, that way you have 1 newcomer, 1 Original 12, and a veteran confirmed.

But I'd rather not have Krystal as a damsel in distress, so I'd prefer the second option.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm just wondering... how many people here think we are getting DLC characters after the game comes out?

If so, then how likely do you think Krystal will be for DLC? (assuming she's not in the initial game.)
The jury's out on DLC so far, but it seems like it'd make sense to use it to add characters that barely missed the cut before or that weren't relevant when the roster was decided but are now.

I think Krystal's chance of being DLC would depend on how prominent of a role she has in the new Star Fox game. I think if Sakurai uses the same logic as he did with Robin, she'd have the inside track due to the moveset potential she has with her staff.

rmw6190

Smash Rookie
As much as I personally dislike kyrstal, I cant think of really any one who hasnt been revealed that imo deserves a spot more than kyrstal. Star fox rep, female(sakurai obviously got a lot of **** for not adding any in brawl), unique weapon and moveset. The only ones I would think are more deserving(and havent been announced) from recent games are wonder red, shulk and joke characters like party phil and monita. As their respective games all sold decent to great and would have a really unique moveset they could pull from(which is why I didnt include dillion).

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
As much as I personally dislike kyrstal, I cant think of really any one who hasnt been revealed that imo deserves a spot more than kyrstal. Star fox rep, female(sakurai obviously got a lot of **** for not adding any in brawl), unique weapon and moveset. The only ones I would think are more deserving(and havent been announced) from recent games are wonder red, shulk and joke characters like party phil and monita. As their respective games all sold decent to great and would have a really unique moveset they could pull from(which is why I didnt include dillion).
I'll take that as support!

Top Bottom