• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koroshiyo Video Thread

mixa

Banned via Warnings
bangoku ever since u banned me im on a mission to kill you
you better call the australian police
or whatever youre from
im coming at you full force

all falcons are the same
it takes no talent to play that character
all offence intended to falcon mains
lik use a character that takes skill
just sayin

5/5

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lol Stranded is so ignorant. My country isn't Australia, it's Europe. He should have known seeing my approximate english. And it's not like Switzerland wasn't a famous city... If I come to Apex one day he could try to kill me there.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Ok, so, Kero should never post again but he's welcome to come and game and talk **** at my place anytime.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Kero (Fox) vs Stranded (Yoshi)

https://mediacru.sh/3MVWbzyNzXPD

Maybe that's a legit, cover-all-options, tech chase.
In any case, Kero, be careful with the tech roll against ledges when you're too close to it. Tech roll is slower than tech in place and gives you less blue frames than a tech in place (comparison).
In other words, when you are close to a ledge and you tech roll against it, you're getting the bad from the tech roll (slow and less blue frames) with the bad from the tech in place (no movement).

The Star King

Smash Hero
If it's early enough to hit tech in place it's probably too early to hit tech towards you, I think.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Oh aha, I know that the tech roll into the ledge is like super slow and really predictable. That's precisely why I do it. :awesome:

When people think that they have a free tech read, they usually will do their strongest attack. However, I can do this every single try and therefor let myself get hit by whatever attack they choose to throw out because I know that I'll simply DI right back towards the stage.

There's one video where I explain exactly why and how it's done, but I'm too lazy to find it lol.

I taught Stranded how to do it too and he knows that it is a common mind game of mine, that's why he consistently grabs me instead of doing a dash attack or forward smash. He know's I'd DI it.

In any event, it was still my bad for not adjusting. Any complaints I make in the video are about the range of Yoshi's f throw, not the fact that it takes long to recover form a tech roll.

I appreciate the advice though, constructive criticism is always encouraged!!

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Hm, I see your point.
When people think that they have a free tech read, they usually will do their strongest attack.
However, I have to say this punish strategy is not very smart, and in the long run you shouldn't count on it because top players will be safer than that. I think.

Star King, when you tech roll against the ledge, all you need to do to reverse ledge DI is input diagonal up towards (↗) or diagonal down towards (↘).
Alternatively, you can simply input towards (→) and get the reverse ledge DI. The timing is strict on this one. Say the DI window is 10 frames, only on the last 2 of them a pure towards DI will result in a reverse ledge DI (normal ledge DI otherwise). Numbers aren't exact, it's my estimate from when I was testing this.

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
When people think that they have a free tech read, they usually will do their strongest attack. However, I can do this every single try and therefor let myself get hit by whatever attack they choose to throw out because I know that I'll simply DI right back towards the stage.
Hm, I see your point.

However, I have to say this punish strategy is not very smart, and in the long run you shouldn't count on it because top players will be safer than that. I think.

http://gfycat.com/NeedySomberBushsqueaker

fox didn't even have to read

Top Bottom