• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Korean Thread

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
As it turns out Korea is the greatest ever to ever ever.

Music is godly, their dramas are from another world and their variety shows will leave you in tears.

Do you want to know more?

MUSIC

Obviously the 1st music stop is SNSD. They are the biggest and most successful artists in Korean history and continue to expand. A quick google of SNSD blog will get you just about everything you need to know. Also on 4chan /HR/ is a long running thread of SNSD pics with links to t.v shows, music videos, concerts and live appearances. This is a collection of links for SNSD appearances on shows etc - http://pastebin.com/2zsv3F12

http://www.ihoneyjoo.com/ is the must stop downloading shop for K-music. Btw its free c:

Some of the more popular artists and ther better known songs are:
Big Bang - Haru Haru

Super Junior - Sorry Sorry

KARA - Mr

T-ara - I Go Crazy Because of You

4minute - I My Me Mine

2NE1 - FIRE

SHINee - Ring Ding Dong

f(x) - Danger

DRAMA
http://www.koreandrama.org/ - Has everything you need to know. The latest shows, whats popular etc. Most are uploaded as well.

MOVIES

imdb is a good place to go. However if you just want a list of good movies you can start with these:

I saw the devil - amazing but seriously mind ****.
Sex is Zero - cult classic, like american pie, but not a steaming turd.
The Man from Nowhere - great thriller about drugs/organ trafficking.

VARIETY SHOWS

The main concept of these shows is fan service. They simply get singers/actors on the show to do/talk about nearly anything.

Some of the shows I've watched and recommend are:
Invincible Youth - they get 7 idols from girl groups and send them out to a farming village..
Strong Heart - about 20 guests go on and tell stories to either make the audience laugh or cry. The best story is voted the strong heart and they win a trophy thing. SNSD is on this quite often.
Golden Bell/Come to Play - both quiz shows with random interviews.
Running Man - Quiz show as well as random challenges that vary every week.
Family Outing - Bunch of Idols and MC's get together and go to random places to act out family activities.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
big bang is an ok band, objectively a good one but im prejudiced

japan everything > the concept of korea as a collective
clannad > the sum of every korean drama that could ever be envisioned

yep

황미영

Smash Champion
CAN I GET A KPOP THREAD SUMMON OR SOMETHING! -Twirls fingers as if casting a spell-

Yo, the whole world is amazing. :D Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, etc. they all nice. ;O

OH

For movies! Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, and uhh... Maybe some more other ones, I know of this one that has to do with like androids and they are in some hospital. I can't remember the title.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Koreans produce real entertainment
Japanese produce weeaboo entertainment - satisfying those who posess the fetish for anything kawaii.

Chinese produce... lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
one day i hope i'll be cool and manly enough to post with purpose in the korean thread.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I want to start getting some kpop music. Cheers for the list.

I want some outrageous music videos to put on my phone.

:phone:

Sieg

Smash Champion
Pump it up is weird XD. I still want to play it though. Technika is amazing. I also want to play Para Para Revolution.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
ddr machine is going well c: but now wer looking at getting a PIU as a legit cab, seeing as the ddr cab is just 2 pads converted to USB plugged into a pc hidden inside the cabinet lewl. Can get them for like sub 2k but some of the newer upgrade kits are close to 2k as well >_>

Top Bottom